Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guys- Are you handy around the house?

I guess I am ok but hardly a Bob Villa.

Luckily I own no power tools because I live alone so there is nobody to stop me and scold me.

Comment

I like to take the position that "If I can't fix it, at least it was already broken." The problem is that between work and school I hardly want to fix stuff at home.

Comment

I'm pretty handy, I was able to patch a wall with paper mache' and a syringe of silicon after a mishap where one of my family members tripped and put a dent in the wall.
        The wall needed too be repainted anyway.
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
          Don't worry, I've never seen Bob Villa do any work anyway. He's just a host to me.

This weekend I get to drywall and mud/tape a back unit we have, then texture, then paint. Then I need to decide if I want to buy carpet and put it in myself or hire someone. It's a small space so it would probably be easier and worth it to just pay someone.
          Oh, I also have to buy and install a new toilet. That's always fun.....
          It's like popping off an old cork to a poop chute. I'm definitely wearing gloves!

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
            Bob Villa thinks he's good with the tools but he's not.

Comment

I'm pretty handy, when motivated to do stuff.

But since we rent, I don't do too much. Just little stuff. If it requires big time stuff we pay to have it done.

Comment

I fix everything with tape and staples!
                When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Comment

About the only thing I do is change lightbulbs, and I don't even do that right. I just hold the bulb in place and drink until the room starts spinning.
                  Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                  The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                    About the only thing I do is change lightbulbs, and I don't even do that right. I just hold the bulb in place and drink until the room starts spinning.
                    Isn't that the way you are supposed to do it?
                    Originally posted by SummerInFL
                    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Im handy in every room... every room.
                      Come to the dark side,
                      we have cookies.

Comment

I'm less handy than I've ever been. I can't wait to finish healing from this freaking surgery.
                        Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                        The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                          Are you a fixer upper? Are you good with the mechanics, plumbing, electrical or even the wood work?

My hubby is very handy around the house.
                          I'm primarily a carpenter and woodworker by trade, although that's not my line of work right now. Also a former maintenance man for several properties (const./elec./plumb./masonry/etc.) and former telephone/PA system installer. I've even built some nice fountains & landscapes.

Why? Need a hand? Got any leads?
                          Remember: you cannot spell "manslaughter" without "laughter."

Comment

My extent of being handy is maybe driving to Home Depot and buying the stuff. I actually fixed a leaky toilet once! The plumber wanted to charge $250.00 to come out and fix it. The ()ell with that. Only thing that needed to be replaced was the wax ring that cost $2.50 at Home Depot!

Comment

Well with a old house you either become handy or broke... So between several major remodels and my woodworking hobby I hold my own.
                              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

My roommate called me Tim the Toolman Taylor last night after fixing his toilet. And i'm the designated handy man at the Starbucks i work at. Tinkering with things is the best.

two rules for fixing anything:

1) If you can't fix it with Duct Tape, it's time to throw it away
                                2) If something is going to be thrown away at work due to Duct Tape not working, bringing home for free/spare parts.
                                You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

I can if i want to be. If I'm mad or in the middle of something I'm not too handy.:blush:
                                  Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                                  sigpic

Comment

After a few people come out to give us estimates just to paint the outside and make a few repairs........my motivation kicked up again. I really want to start working on my house. I can do it, I just needed a kick in the @$$.

Comment

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                                      After a few people come out to give us estimates just to paint the outside and make a few repairs........my motivation kicked up again. I really want to start working on my house. I can do it, I just needed a kick in the @$$.
                                      Let me know the time and place.

Comment

I once installed the wax ring on a toilet. Plumber wanted over $200.00. Total job cost me under $5.00. I took my savings and applied it to my P.A.P!!!!

Comment

I'm very grateful that my BF is super handy with anything major that has to be done around the house, anything that happens to the car....I think pretty much anything he's always there for me!!
                                          Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                                          Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X