X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b236en
    replied
    Re: Guys- Are you handy around the house?

I'm very handy in the kitchen. I use one hand to open the fridge and one hand to grab something out and then I use my hands to grab the remote and then I use my hands and eyes to push the buttons..

Leave a comment:

• DocDar
    replied

Sadly my dad's has not endowed me with his master skills. But ever since my mom broke her leg my im very proficient in house chores. Vacuming, dishwashing, moppping. I do that along with the maintenance of the lawn and hedges

Leave a comment:

• Evil Step-Mom
    replied

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
    I'm only handy with a remote and a bag of chips with a carbonated beverage.
    Well with those kinds of skills you are totally ready for marriage! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Kritter
    replied

I'm only handy with a remote and a bag of chips with a carbonated beverage.

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Not very. I'm better with computers and networks.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

I'm actually better at stuff than the BF is. I put together the TV stand & audio cabinet I got last year and my new dresser & nightstand I got a couple months ago all by myself (my dad helped me with the new bed because it's huge). At work, whenever they need a bookcase or whatever put together, they usually come straight to me. One of our program directors said next time she gets stuff at home that needs to be put together that she'd pay me to do it. SWEET!

In contrast... last weekend the BF put together a bookshelf he bought 2-3 months ago (procrastinator!) and he somehow put 2 of the shelves in backwards. After he finished, he called me and said, "I should've asked you to help me." :lol:

Leave a comment:

• All4dISNEY
    replied

I have Disneyland and DH Mike has power tools. He's known a MacGyver Mike. If it can be fixed, he can do it, especially if he has a paperclip and gum. And though he boasts a LOT, he does have some street cred. Helps that he's a licensed electrician too...

Leave a comment:

• InspiredByWalt
    replied

I'm good with the cars, and can do almost anything else around the house. We planned, then gutted a house and added a second story. I don't go near the wiring or plumbing lines (although I can change out fixtures, sinks, etc), because when you mess those up, it's $$$$ to fix. But I can do just about anything else when I get my tool belt on. My girlfriend loves that!

Leave a comment:

• chadb14
    replied

I'm ok and can do quite a few things around the house, but none of them ever seem to be perfect - it's always a little crooked/misaligned/whatever. Don't get me near the car, if I'm not changing the putting gas in the tank or putting air the tires, I'm basically lost - well I can change an air filter too.

Leave a comment:

• gRuMpEe
    replied

Originally posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Sounds more whipped than anything else.
    ....helpful is what I call it!!!!.....the whippings come later:evil:

Leave a comment:

• sailerm
    replied

I not handy around the house, I have the opposite of the Midas touch. Recent example, Picnic table I built fell apart, fence I put, fell down, Front door won't lock, sinks leak, and last week while cleaning out the carborater on Herbie, the little red straw on the can of carb cleaner got sucked up by the engine, never to be seen again.

I'm so bad, my wife refer's to me as a Mexican't, not a Mexican.

Leave a comment:

• GrouchyRob
    replied

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
    He sounds like a Keeper Grumpee.
    Sounds more whipped than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

Originally posted by gRuMpEe View Post
    I'm very grateful that my BF is super handy with anything major that has to be done around the house, anything that happens to the car....I think pretty much anything he's always there for me!!
    He sounds like a Keeper Grumpee.

Leave a comment:

• gRuMpEe
    replied

I'm very grateful that my BF is super handy with anything major that has to be done around the house, anything that happens to the car....I think pretty much anything he's always there for me!!

Leave a comment:

• snappy
    replied

I once installed the wax ring on a toilet. Plumber wanted over $200.00. Total job cost me under $5.00. I took my savings and applied it to my P.A.P!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
    After a few people come out to give us estimates just to paint the outside and make a few repairs........my motivation kicked up again. I really want to start working on my house. I can do it, I just needed a kick in the @$$.
    Let me know the time and place.

Leave a comment:

• cal4iri
    replied

After a few people come out to give us estimates just to paint the outside and make a few repairs........my motivation kicked up again. I really want to start working on my house. I can do it, I just needed a kick in the @$$.

Leave a comment:

• AlwaysImagineer
    replied

I can if i want to be. If I'm mad or in the middle of something I'm not too handy.:blush:

Leave a comment:

• FloggingMorgy
    replied

My roommate called me Tim the Toolman Taylor last night after fixing his toilet. And i'm the designated handy man at the Starbucks i work at. Tinkering with things is the best.

two rules for fixing anything:

1) If you can't fix it with Duct Tape, it's time to throw it away
    2) If something is going to be thrown away at work due to Duct Tape not working, bringing home for free/spare parts.

Leave a comment:

• Jerren
    replied

Well with a old house you either become handy or broke... So between several major remodels and my woodworking hobby I hold my own.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X