Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginarella
    MiceChatter
    • Nov 2006

Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

I have a few men on my gift list that I need to get gifts for and I'm running out of ideas.

What kinds of gifts do you like getting from relatives or friends that's within the $25-$100 range?
  • BDBopper
    Colorful
    • Apr 2005

Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

I know this does nothing to help you but I am hoping to get a new PC and some disney gift cards this year.

Anyway Home Depot or Lowe's cards are great if the guy is a do-it-himselfer. Does he like NASCAR or have a favorite driver? Get him something for that. Model cars or planes are always great. Movie gift cards are awesome gifts too.
    Originally posted by aashee
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

• Ginarella
      MiceChatter
      • Nov 2006

^^ Thanks for answering my question BDBopper. I think I like the movie gift card idea. I forgot about that and I love movies.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2005

Belle keeps saying I'm so hard to buy for.

I don't think I am at all.

I know you women think that gift-cards are impersonal and not sentimental enough, but really, for most of us it's just fine.

My problem is, when I get Gift Cards I hardly (if ever) spend it on myself. Sure I will get a few things for me, but I'll also end up getting stuff for the kids, etc.

Other than that, there is the new Die Hard movie pack, Monty Python's flying circus complete series (hint-hint) and some other "Dude-Flicks".

Comment

• Aristocat
          Astigmatic
          • Nov 2005

Hubster likes gift cards...I like cash. )
          Originally posted by All4dISNEY
          Words hurt.

Comment

• BFJen
            For You!
            • Feb 2006

I have made up a "movie bucket" before. Get a big popcorn bowl, a couple of movies with a bunch of treats and microwave popcorn and wrap it all with cellophane. Usually makes a nice gift.

One year, I got all my brothers and cousins (like brothers) new ski gloves. My in-laws got my hubby a car washing bucket - filled with car wash stuff.
            sigpic
            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• tiggerfan
              MiceChatter
              • Oct 2006

I'm being dull, intead of asking for or giving gifts I'm donating to charities in the name of my family and friends.

Comment

• hollywood1939
                isn't an elitist
                MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                • Sep 2006

Food.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

• BFJen
                  For You!
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                  Food.
                  Love that answer - last year, one of my hubby's friends gave all his friends tri-tip roasts.
                  sigpic
                  Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• Hakuna Makarla
                    Banned User
                    • Aug 2005

I saw whre the car wash places have gift coupons, and you can always get theater tickets. my daughter is going to get 25.00 gift theather tickets in her stocking.

Comment

• Ginarella
                      MiceChatter
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

I know you women think that gift-cards are impersonal and not sentimental enough, but really, for most of us it's just fine.

My problem is, when I get Gift Cards I hardly (if ever) spend it on myself. Sure I will get a few things for me, but I'll also end up getting stuff for the kids, etc.

Other than that, there is the new Die Hard movie pack, Monty Python's flying circus complete series (hint-hint) and some other "Dude-Flicks".
                      I really hate to resort to the gift card idea since it is family members I am buying for but the Dude Flicks sounds good.

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
                      Hubster likes gift cards...I like cash. )
                      Cash is good

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                      I have made up a "movie bucket" before. Get a big popcorn bowl, a couple of movies with a bunch of treats and microwave popcorn and wrap it all with cellophane. Usually makes a nice gift.

One year, I got all my brothers and cousins (like brothers) new ski gloves. My in-laws got my hubby a car washing bucket - filled with car wash stuff.
                      Ooooooooooooo,I like this idea Jen

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                      I'm being dull, intead of asking for or giving gifts I'm donating to charities in the name of my family and friends.
                      You are not being dull. Your idea is very thoughtful.

Love the ideas-keep them coming.

Comment

• justjohn
                        Mr. Faranheit
                        • Jul 2006

Are you giving the guy a gift or the guy in a couple a gift? If its the guy in a couple, the movie tickets is a good idea. If you're giving the guy a gift, Best Buy always works for me.
                        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

• justjohn
                          Mr. Faranheit
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                          I really hate to resort to the gift card idea since it is family members I am buying for but the Dude Flicks sounds good.
                          Even amongst family, a gift card is always appreciated.
                          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

• Missviolet
                            Oh... it's a bobby pin.
                            • Jun 2006

I always fill the hub's stocking with:

a) His favorite candy bars

b) His usual body products (face wash, deodorant, shampoo, a new toothbrush ect..)

Books are always good too. If you go into B&N, you're bound to find something that the guys will like. DOes someone BBQ? Get 'em a BBQ book, or how about one of those cook books from the TV shows? Like an Alton Brown book! Wow.. I might have to look for one of those for the hubs.

I also like doing magazine subscriptions.. Buy the magazine and take one of the cards and fill it out. Give him a note saying that the subscription is his gift and that way he'll get a gifts all year round!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

• Trekkie Dad
                              state supported cyclist
                              • Sep 2005

My wife always manages to find me a few trinkets from the bike shop.

The running gag in my family is that everyone gets underwear and socks.
                              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                              sigpic

Comment

• Alchimedes
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2005

I'm happy with a few of the latest Disney DVD'S or collectibles. Since I'm not riding anymore, I don't need anymore gear.

Gift Cards for clothes are always nice.
                                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                  Iron-Clad Allie
                                  • Feb 2005

Clothing, DVDs and books for me.
                                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• Ducktales88
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
                                    My wife always manages to find me a few trinkets from the bike shop.

The running gag in my family is that everyone gets underwear and socks.
                                    hehe My family is the same way! Thats all my dad ever gets in his stocking!

Comment

• garbear
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Sep 2007

They were just talking about gift cards on the news. People maybe able to start turning them into cash! But I think the maximum balance on the card is $10.00 because so many people have like $6.00 left and what can you really buy now days for $6.00 so you can turn it in for cash!
                                      Har har har

Comment

• knittingknerd
                                        It's knittingknurse now.
                                        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                        • Jul 2006

My dad is that way too. You get him a gift card for Starbucks then he'll say something like a month later like "hey want to go for coffee and talk?" And he'll pay for the coffee with the gift card you got him. He just likes not having to carry cash and likes hanging out with the family.

I got my brother (whos stocking I got again!) a cookbook ( The Healthy College Cookbook: Quick. Cheap. Easy. (Paperback) ), A line tank tops, candy, an Aquaman t-shirt, and a green razor/toothbrush set (made from recycled materials). Oh! And I made him Chez it coasters (I know I made... he's a poop). My dad I got an orange dufflebag that is waterproof (we go on a camping trip every year where we canoe or kayak about a mile and the giant fear is that someone is going to flip the canoe and all the clothes sink to the bottom of the lake. This is waterproof, bright, and won't sink!). Grandpa is getting a sock. I need to make the other sock though. I need size one needles... My cousin complained that everyone gets knit stuff except him. So I am knitting him a hat that looks like Oscar the Grouch. Does that help? Everything except for the sock is under $20. The sock is $22 a skein and I will need 2 skeins.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X