Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

    I have a few men on my gift list that I need to get gifts for and I'm running out of ideas.

    What kinds of gifts do you like getting from relatives or friends that's within the $25-$100 range?

  • #2
    Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

    I know this does nothing to help you but I am hoping to get a new PC and some disney gift cards this year.

    Anyway Home Depot or Lowe's cards are great if the guy is a do-it-himselfer. Does he like NASCAR or have a favorite driver? Get him something for that. Model cars or planes are always great. Movie gift cards are awesome gifts too.
    Originally posted by aashee
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

      ^^ Thanks for answering my question BDBopper. I think I like the movie gift card idea. I forgot about that and I love movies.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

        Belle keeps saying I'm so hard to buy for.

        I don't think I am at all.

        I know you women think that gift-cards are impersonal and not sentimental enough, but really, for most of us it's just fine.

        My problem is, when I get Gift Cards I hardly (if ever) spend it on myself. Sure I will get a few things for me, but I'll also end up getting stuff for the kids, etc.

        Other than that, there is the new Die Hard movie pack, Monty Python's flying circus complete series (hint-hint) and some other "Dude-Flicks".

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

          Hubster likes gift cards...I like cash. )
          Originally posted by All4dISNEY
          Words hurt.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

            I have made up a "movie bucket" before. Get a big popcorn bowl, a couple of movies with a bunch of treats and microwave popcorn and wrap it all with cellophane. Usually makes a nice gift.

            One year, I got all my brothers and cousins (like brothers) new ski gloves. My in-laws got my hubby a car washing bucket - filled with car wash stuff.
            sigpic
            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

              I'm being dull, intead of asking for or giving gifts I'm donating to charities in the name of my family and friends.
              ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                Food.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                  Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                  Food.
                  Love that answer - last year, one of my hubby's friends gave all his friends tri-tip roasts.
                  sigpic
                  Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                    I saw whre the car wash places have gift coupons, and you can always get theater tickets. my daughter is going to get 25.00 gift theather tickets in her stocking.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                      Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                      Belle keeps saying I'm so hard to buy for.

                      I don't think I am at all.

                      I know you women think that gift-cards are impersonal and not sentimental enough, but really, for most of us it's just fine.

                      My problem is, when I get Gift Cards I hardly (if ever) spend it on myself. Sure I will get a few things for me, but I'll also end up getting stuff for the kids, etc.

                      Other than that, there is the new Die Hard movie pack, Monty Python's flying circus complete series (hint-hint) and some other "Dude-Flicks".
                      I really hate to resort to the gift card idea since it is family members I am buying for but the Dude Flicks sounds good.

                      Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
                      Hubster likes gift cards...I like cash. )
                      Cash is good

                      Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                      I have made up a "movie bucket" before. Get a big popcorn bowl, a couple of movies with a bunch of treats and microwave popcorn and wrap it all with cellophane. Usually makes a nice gift.

                      One year, I got all my brothers and cousins (like brothers) new ski gloves. My in-laws got my hubby a car washing bucket - filled with car wash stuff.
                      Ooooooooooooo,I like this idea Jen

                      Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                      I'm being dull, intead of asking for or giving gifts I'm donating to charities in the name of my family and friends.
                      You are not being dull. Your idea is very thoughtful.


                      Love the ideas-keep them coming.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                        Are you giving the guy a gift or the guy in a couple a gift? If its the guy in a couple, the movie tickets is a good idea. If you're giving the guy a gift, Best Buy always works for me.
                        Be controversial

                        Be outspoken

                        Be outrageous

                        Just don't be boring

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                          Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                          I really hate to resort to the gift card idea since it is family members I am buying for but the Dude Flicks sounds good.
                          Even amongst family, a gift card is always appreciated.
                          Be controversial

                          Be outspoken

                          Be outrageous

                          Just don't be boring

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                            I always fill the hub's stocking with:

                            a) His favorite candy bars

                            b) His usual body products (face wash, deodorant, shampoo, a new toothbrush ect..)


                            Books are always good too. If you go into B&N, you're bound to find something that the guys will like. DOes someone BBQ? Get 'em a BBQ book, or how about one of those cook books from the TV shows? Like an Alton Brown book! Wow.. I might have to look for one of those for the hubs.

                            I also like doing magazine subscriptions.. Buy the magazine and take one of the cards and fill it out. Give him a note saying that the subscription is his gift and that way he'll get a gifts all year round!

                            To live would be an awfully big adventure.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Guys- what kinds of gifts are you asking for this Christmas?

                              My wife always manages to find me a few trinkets from the bike shop.

                              The running gag in my family is that everyone gets underwear and socks.
                              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X