Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mixed Doubles Tennis Team is going to Nationals!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mixed Doubles Tennis Team is going to Nationals!!!

Oh my goodness - it has been quite a weekend. My mixed doubles (men and women) team won our local league tournament last June and went on to win the State tournament. This weekend, we went to Boulder, Colorado to play in a Sectionals tournament. We played against teams from Utah and Colorado.

We only brought 6 players - most teams have at least 12 (which we did during the regular season, but not everybody could make it). We had to play 6 team matches (each consisting of 3 individual matches). And we went undefeated!!!! People couldn't believe that we all played every match without a break (2 matches a day with only an hour break in between). Boulder was in the upper 90's this weekend and it was just plain hot.

Now, we get to move onto the National Tournament in Sacramento in November!!!!

I'll post a pictures when I get back to Idaho.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Re: My Mixed Doubles Tennis Team is going to Nationals!!!

Congrats Jen!!!

:clap:

Comment

You go girl!!
      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Best of luck to you!

Comment

That is absolutely fabulous. Congratulations to all of you. I wish you all good luck, on the next step in your tennis tournaments.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

A little report -

We pulled into Boulder on Thursday the 17th. I had to attend a Captain's meeting to get our schedule and all of the rules details. My hubby and I wandered a few shops after that and got some dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. We were both pretty exhausted, so we called in a night (we stayed at the Boulder Marriott).

It rained a little bit that evening.

The next day we got up and headed to the Millenium House hotel for my first match at 8 a.m. My other teammates who were staying at the Millenium House looked like they had been dragged through a mine field. They hated the hotel. It was "a dump" as they put it. Dirty, smelled and the beds were totally uncomfortable. So, I got on the phone and got them rooms at the Marriott.

We played our first matches and we won! Yay! We ate a little breakfast (I can't play with too much on my stomach or I get really sick) and went back for round number two. Again, winners!!!! We finished the night with a celebratory dinner at Zolo's. Yummy! We had 5 appetizers and the meals were great.

Day two.

I remembered to bring my camera.

We played out in the middle of nowhere at the University of Colorado team courts. There were cows wandered just outside the courts, we had to take a dirt road to get there - kinda interesting for a campus court.

My partner and I won our first match due to a disqualification. The other team didn't have the correct level of players. We played anyway and had a good time.

Our second match would be a doozy. All of my teammates were down in their matches - including me - big time! We all came back to win. We had clinched going to Nationals with that win. We freaked out.

Yes, my partner is 63 years old - but he's awesome!

That evening, the boys went to play golf and the girls went shopping! We went to Pearl street to enjoy the arts festival and eat at the Cheesecake Factory!!

My friend Julie and I

Me and the hubby

The final day, we went back to the Millenium House to wrap up some loose ends. Now we were going for the 6-0 record. Just a pride thing.

So, now it's on to Sacramento, CA!!! Oh yeah, for winning, we got these really tiny duffle bags that said USTA Sectionals Mixed Doubles Winner. Big Joy. It's the thought that counts, right?
            sigpic

Comment

Yay Yay CONGRATS!!!!
              And thanks for the TR. Glad you liked Boulder
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the Boulder tips everybody! I wish that we would have had time to explore more! But, it looked like a fun town - lots of bicycles!
                sigpic

Comment

I thought about you this weekend here in my homeland of Colorado. I'm glad you decided against the Millenium house and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

But, most of all, I'm glad you kicked heinie!

Good job!

Peace,
                  Roo
                  husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Congrats Jen:yea::yea:

Friends for life

Comment

The Millenium House had nice grounds, but that was about it - the restaurant was the slowest service ever! The Marriott was amazing, the staff was nice and friendly, the rooms are just comfy and big - loved it. And the farmer's market right next to it was so great! Roo, you have to go try their poppyseed muffins or bread sometime!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X