This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Wayman Tisdale

Wayman Tisdale, former all-american at Oklahoma and NBA star with the Pacers, Kings and Suns has died from cancer at the age of 44.

Sad day.

Former Oklahoma great Tisdale dies at 44 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Wayman Tisdale, a three-time All-American at Oklahoma who played 12 seasons in the NBA and later became a top jazz musician, died after a two-year battle with cancer. He was 44.
    Tisdale died Friday morning at St. John Medical Center in Tulsa, hospital spokeswoman Joy McGill said.
    After three years at Oklahoma, Tisdale played in the NBA with the Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns. The 6-foot-9 forward, with a soft left-handed touch on the court and a wide smile off it, averaged 15.3 points for his career. He was on the U.S. team that won the gold medal in the 1984 Olympics.
    After basketball, he became an award-winning jazz musician, with several albums making the top 10 on the Billboard charts.

Re: RIP Wayman Tisdale

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Wayman Tisdale, former all-american at Oklahoma and NBA star with the Pacers, Kings and Suns has died from cancer at the age of 44.

Sad day.

Former Oklahoma great Tisdale dies at 44 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
    He was so young!

Tim Cowlishaw pointed out today that he was one of the first basketball stars to come out of the University of Oklahoma.

I remember him as a good all around player in the NBA.

And while jazz isn't the music I listen to most frequently, I did love some of his stuff.

44 years of a life well lived, and as Kevin Blackistone said on ESPN, he was always smiling. But still -

Damned cancer. Again.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Re: RIP Wayman Tisdale

I saw this. Very sad.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X