This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers Parade Plans Announced

The parade for the 2008-09 NBA Champion Lakers starts at 11AM on Wednesday 6/17. According to ABC-7 TV, it'll start in front of Staples Center on Figueroa at 11th, and end inside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum with a celebration at Noon.

Coliseum gates open at 9:30 that day. Admission is free. As you might expect, fans are advised to arrive EARLY.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Lakers Parade Plans Announced

it has potential to be a riot again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
      it has potential to be a riot again.
      I don't recall major problems during the parades - only on clinching nights. Maybe I'm just not remembering properly. I think the idea of staging the victory rally inside the Coliseum is a good one at least from a security point of view.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
        I don't recall major problems during the parades - only on clinching nights. Maybe I'm just not remembering properly. I think the idea of staging the victory rally inside the Coliseum is a good one at least from a security point of view.
        +1

I was there last night at the Staples Center, and luckily I left before it got out of hand.

But yes, the parade will be different. It will be during the daytime, and more families will be there. Less hooligans

Comment

I heard this is going to cost 2 million dollars. 1 million from the Lakers and 1 million from the city. Money well spent, I'm sure. *sarcasm*
          I want my cake back!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post

That is a good idea.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X