Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What World Series Match-Up do you want to see most?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbaraann
    replied
    Re: What World Series Match-Up do you want to see most?

Did I really hear that the Yankees are about to play in their 40th World Series? I guess I could say that I hate the Yankees. Or that I am jealous of their sucess. I could admit that I admire their work ethic. Perhaps a comment about their payroll would be appropriate.

However, I am a Cubs fan, and I've been told that my team is cursed. The Cubs are about as opposite from the Yankees as you can get.

I wasn't going to watch any playoff games, and yet I did.

I liked it better when there was just two leagues. A lot less drama, and a lot less heartache for the fans.

I've never understood the habit of congratulating the fans of a team when their team wins. They didn't play the game. The players did. You certainly can't blame the fans when a team loses. Or perhaps that has already been done as well.

I better quit while I am ahead. Baseball, our national past time, has been very frustrating for me this year. More frustrating than usual, and it's still going on.

It's time to change the channel.

Leave a comment:

• Polar_Bear
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    How about just calling them LOS ANGELS ?
    But then we wouldn't have the sports equivalent of the ATM Machine.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by sgtpeper View Post
    Dodgers Vs. Angels (although if the way the Angels played last night is any indication of their strategy, it'll be a pipe dream).

I just wish it was the LA Dodgers Vs. the California or at least Anaheim Angels and not "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim near the 5, by Disneyland, paid for by Arte Moreno, who changed the name so people will think we play in LA. And oh we still have Vladimir Guerrero and Mike Scioscia is coaching Angels of Anaheim"

Sorry, just hate the name!

Go Dodgers!
    How about just calling them LOS ANGELS ?

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    I would love to see Dodgers vs Angels think about all the ratings and revenue. I'm favor for Dodgers to win the World Series.
    A Freeway Series could be a ratings strikeout

Leave a comment:

• BassBone
    replied

As much as it would pain me to root for the Yanks, I want to see Philadelphia HURT in the World Series. City of Brotherly Love, my behind. Phillies fans are jerks.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Originally posted by sgtpeper View Post
    I hate to sound like a pessimist, but personally i think the hopes of either Angels or Dodgers in the World Series this year are not likely.

The Dodgers are not playing well defensively and the Angels bats are struggling against the Yankee pitching.

It looks to be a Philly/NYY series with the Yankees taking it.

you mean philly will be the ones that will have a back to back.

Leave a comment:

• disneyDragon923
    replied

Well, looks like the hopes for a freeway world series between Angels/Dodgers has been put on hold for another year : ( The only way it can go now is Phillies/Angels or Phillies/Yankees, and me, I prefer to see Phillies/Angels with the Angels winning it all.

Leave a comment:

• sgtpeper
    replied

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but personally i think the hopes of either Angels or Dodgers in the World Series this year are not likely.

The Dodgers are not playing well defensively and the Angels bats are struggling against the Yankee pitching.

It looks to be a Philly/NYY series with the Yankees taking it.

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
    It looks like the Yankees will be back in the World Series this year. And playing against the Phillies. I know there is 1 game left, but I think Angel fans are dilusional if they think they will beat the Yanks now, since they are down 3 games to 1.

I know this is a California heavy board , :lol:
    Well, Red Sox fans were probably delusional (sp?) in '04, when they were down 0-3 to the Yankees.

Possible, yes. Likely, no. But, to repeat, the series isn't over til someone records 27 outs, in their 4th victory. Teams have overcome 1-3 deficits several times.

The immediate goal for the Dodgers...one more home game.
    For the Angels..."not in our house, you won't".

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied

It looks like the Yankees will be back in the World Series this year. And playing against the Phillies. I know there is 1 game left, but I think Angel fans are dilusional if they think they will beat the Yanks now, since they are down 3 games to 1.

I know this is a California heavy board , :lol:

Leave a comment:

• disneyDragon923
    replied

I want to see Angels/Dodgers, I'm still holding out hope that both the Dodgers and Angels will come back and tie up there respected series. I'm a diehard Angels fan, the freeway world series would be awesome to see and a hard game to get tickets to. I Wouldn't even mind seeing Angels/Phillies

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
    I think it's kind of insulting to assume that any National League team is automatically inferior to an American League team.
    Can't speak for the others, but I never said that.

What I've said, accurately, is that there are more good teams in the AL than in the NL.

And that the two best teams of the four remaining are the Angels and Yankees, making that the "de facto" World Series.

And that whichever team emerges from that series, they'd be the solid favorite to win the World Series.

And as for the "Los Angeles Angels"...that was the franchise's original name. Arte Moreno owns the team, and what he wants the name to be is his business, for the most part. Sure beats The "Avenging Angels of Anaheim", or the "Devilish Angels of Anaheim", two of the names that Michael Eisner was pushing for.

Along with the horrendously ugly periwinkle blue uniforms, the baja marimba band, and the cheerleaders in the stands. Aah, memories of Disney.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

The Cubs haven't been to a World Series in my entire lifetime. I am 62. An appearance without a victory would be fine with me.

It wasn't me who said that the Angels and the Yankees were the two best teams in baseball. However, I stick by the fact that the World Series Champ at the end of the year isn't always the team that everyone considered the best at the end of the regular season and before the playoffs are actually played. The playoffs are an emotional event, and sometimes it's that emotion that puts that one team in the winner's circle that nobody thought belonged there.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
    I think it's kind of insulting to assume that any National League team is automatically inferior to an American League team.
    This year it's the case. It switches quite often though but until there is a salary cap, NY and Boston will always be tough.

Leave a comment:

• BassBone
    replied

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I understand rivalry between good teams like the Yankees, and the Angels. Getting to the World Series by beating the Yankees would be a high moment, I am sure for any Angels' fan. Should they then lose to a team in the National League that they feel is inferior to them, it would be a let down for sure. That's the heartache of the game. I'm not saying that will happen, but it has happened before, where the World Series Champ is not that team that was considered the best at all. "That's why they play the game".

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Should they then lose to a team in the National League that they feel is inferior to them, it would be a let down for sure. That's the heartache of the game. I'm not saying that will happen, but it has happened before, where the World Series Champ is not that team that was considered the best at all. "That's why they play the game".
    You're absolutely right about that, and as you say that's why championships are decided on the field, and should be.

Since the Angels have only been to the World Series once, I'd still feel pretty good about it even if we lost. I do feel the 2002 Angels were a better team than the Giants, but they were in many ways lucky to win in 7 games.

I'm curious to know how you would feel, if the Cubs made it to the World Series, and lost. Would there be any good feeling? We all know about 1908. But the Cubs haven't even been to the Series since 1945, right?

Leave a comment:

• BassBone
    replied

Dodgers/Angels would be my preference, though to see Torre spank the Yanks would be pretty sweet, too. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I understand rivalry between good teams like the Yankees, and the Angels. Getting to the World Series by beating the Yankees would be a high moment, I am sure for any Angels' fan. Should they then lose to a team in the National League that they feel is inferior to them, it would be a let down for sure. That's the heartache of the game. I'm not saying that will happen, but it has happened before, where the World Series Champ is not that team that was considered the best at all. "That's why they play the game".

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

I stand corrected. Once the playoffs begin there are eight teams involved, and those teams all have an equal chance to be World Series Champs ..They decide it by their play on the field, and not by their season records.
    Just an addendum that the home field edge is based on records, til the World Series, which has that silly All-Star game thing...meaning the AL team every year.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I stand corrected. Once the playoffs begin there are eight teams involved, and those teams all have an equal chance to be World Series Champs ..They decide it by their play on the field, and not by their season records.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X