Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Baseball Spring Training Thread!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Spring Training Thread!!!

I just wanted to start a new thread for us baseball fans here. Now that the Super Bowl has officially ended the football season, baseball is just around the corner. Pitchers and catchers report in a little more than a week from now. Let's discuss our team's offseason moves, predictions and what you would like to see done this Spring Training going into the season.
    sigpic
    Home away from Home.

Re: Baseball Spring Training Thread!!!

I'm just happy the Cubs are staying in Arizona!! We are going to try and catch a few games at the end of March over my kids' spring break!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Doubt I'm going to ST again this year. It's been 4 years now and I miss it.

Comment

I hope I can catch the Dodgers @arizona..
        "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

The Hot Stove still has some steam left. The Braves have made an offer to Johnny Damon.
          sigpic
          Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
            The Hot Stove still has some steam left. The Braves have made an offer to Johnny Damon.
            Supposedly it's only for one year and a lot of the cash is deferred. Look for teh Tigers to gobble him up and Scott Boras to smile now that there's a mini-bidding war.

Comment

How nice is it to here talk involving labor strife, and a possible work stoppage, and it has to do with the NFL and NBA, and not baseball for once?

Good job on the new thread digs, RDF!
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I've never been to ST. Since the Red's have been in Arizona, I would REALLY like to go...but not this year.

Hope springs eternal every ST for every team. GOTTA Love The Boys of Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
                  I've never been to ST. Since the Red's have been in Arizona, I would REALLY like to go...but not this year.

Hope springs eternal every ST for every team. GOTTA Love The Boys of Summer.
                  Tell me what year you are going. I'll make sure I get you some tix when they play the Angels. At least you'll be wearing red!!

Comment

Geez, I would love to go to Spring Training someday. The Royals share the complex with the Rangers in Surprise. Beautiful area from what I've heard.
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

As his hearing nears, the Giants have made an offer to their two-time Cy Young winner.

MLB.com
                      The Giants have made a three-year offer to Tim Lincecum, their ace right-hander whose arbitration hearing is scheduled for Friday, according to a report in the San Francisco Chronicle on Thursday. A Major League source told the paper that the Giants offered the back-to-back National League Cy Young Award winner a three-year contract worth $37 million with annual escalating salaries of $9.5 million for 2010, $12.5 million for 2011 and $15 million for 2012.
                      Take the deal Tim...
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post

Take the deal Tim...
                        I agree. After two years most likely the Giants will want to tear that up and renegotiate an even bigger deal anyway, if Lincecum continues on his current pace.
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Tom Glavine retires and will join the Braves' front office. Hats off to Tom. What a wonderful career. No doubt a HOF'er.

2/3rds of the Atlanta trio are now gone from the game. The only one left is still without a job. It would be neat if Smoltz finished his career in Atlana, but that probably won't happen.
                          sigpic
                          Home away from Home.

Comment

Smoltz said he's likely going to do what Pedro did last year and pitch about half the year. So if that's the point and if the Braves find they need him, I could see him going back there.

Pitchers and catchers start reporting next week! I'm excited, I have to work at a tradeshow in San Diego April 21-24. My hotel is right across from Petco and the day I get in, the Padres have a 3:30 game against the Giants, and from their schedule it looks likely Lincecum will be pitching. I've never been to Petco, so I'm going to try to catch that. And, being a Dodger fan, it won't be any trouble to root for the Padres against the Giants.

Then, of course, after our show ends at noon on Saturday, I'm going to have to head up to Disneyland for a quick visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Cactus View Post
                              Smoltz said he's likely going to do what Pedro did last year and pitch about half the year. So if that's the point and if the Braves find they need him, I could see him going back there.

Pitchers and catchers start reporting next week! I'm excited, I have to work at a tradeshow in San Diego April 21-24. My hotel is right across from Petco and the day I get in, the Padres have a 3:30 game against the Giants, and from their schedule it looks likely Lincecum will be pitching. I've never been to Petco, so I'm going to try to catch that. And, being a Dodger fan, it won't be any trouble to root for the Padres against the Giants.

Then, of course, after our show ends at noon on Saturday, I'm going to have to head up to Disneyland for a quick visit.
                              You already know who's scheduled to pitch in mid-April? Damn, you are a hard core fan!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X