Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters 2010

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Masters 2010

    Any golf fans? Just was going to say that Im glad Tiger was able to get off and have a great first day. While his personal life is somewhat shambles im glad he came in and rock it with the first round.

    Also suprised to see Fred Couples and Tom Watson leading the way. Also Mickelson didnt play bad at all. Its going to one of the best Masters in a while. No doubt a big name is taking the jacket. I just hope its Tiger personally.

    What do you guys think?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

    Hope I was helpful!

  • #2
    Re: Masters 2010

    Originally posted by d.N.d. View Post
    Any golf fans? Just was going to say that Im glad Tiger was able to get off and have a great first day. While his personal life is somewhat shambles im glad he came in and rock it with the first round.

    Also suprised to see Fred Couples and Tom Watson leading the way. Also Mickelson didnt play bad at all. Its going to one of the best Masters in a while. No doubt a big name is taking the jacket. I just hope its Tiger personally.

    What do you guys think?
    For some reasons that was a pretty easy day of golf for these guys. I think that experience and knowledge of the course is a huge advantage.
    Four days of playing will level it out. Sandy Lyle, another old guy, played well yesterday, only to hit 83(?) today.
    got my new HDTV, and watched yesterday's round on it. Bee-ayyy-youuu-tiful.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Masters 2010

      Looks like the same ol masters names were shuffling around again but Tiger was still there. Although Mickelson is playing very well like the jacket is his!
      "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

      Hope I was helpful!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Masters 2010

        Hello D!

        Just found this thread.

        I'll be rooting for Lefty today, for a variety of reasons. Fred Couples too.

        See Bill Plascke's column today?

        Excerpt:
        With a giant clink, the ball disappeared into the mass of people crowding the left side of the 18th green.

        Everyone but Crystal Hodges scattered. The young medical worker from Myrtle Beach, S.C., was not allowed to move. The ball had landed directly under her green folding chair. She was ordered to sit still until her hero arrived.

        "Hey, how are you doing?" said Phil Mickelson, approaching with a smile.

        "Um, good," she said. "How are you doing?"

        How is he doing? Hodges spends her days working with cancer patients. She came to Augusta National for her first Masters on Saturday to cheer Mickelson because he is helping his wife and mother battle cancer. Out of nowhere, her chair had just stopped his ball from further trouble.

        How do you think Phil Mickelson is doing? The chair was moved, Hodges was resettled, Mickelson calmly chipped onto the green and saved par to appropriately finish perhaps the most fortuitous round of his life.

        "All that he's going through, and he asks how I'm doing?'' Hodges said later. "How could anybody not cheer for him?"
        Full column at latimes.com
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Masters 2010

          Is it just me or does Lee Westwood look like a NASCAR driver with the amount of advertisements on his shirt. There are at least 5.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Masters 2010

            Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            Is it just me or does Lee Westwood look like a NASCAR driver with the amount of advertisements on his shirt. There are at least 5.
            He does have a lot, doesn't he.

            He played well right to the end, but in the end what a nice win for "Lefty". Yeah, CBS does tend to overdo the obvious emotional storyline, but I imagine this will be the best of his three green jackets for Phil. I'm sure it will be for Amy.

            Yeah, Jim Nantz and that piano can get to be a bit much. But at least they won't be doing "One Shining Moment" at the end.
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Masters 2010

              Good win for Lefty. He playe his heart out in this won. Seemed though that the pros were just having it somewhat easy at Augusta. -15 seems a little high for a Masters win total. Maybe they will rework it who knows. Tiger fought was good to see him finish top 5. His onfield attitude seemed to be different from usual.

              All in all good Masters lots of good names competiting hard. Good win for Phil.
              "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

              Hope I was helpful!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Masters 2010

                Originally posted by d.N.d. View Post
                Tiger fought was good to see him finish top 5. His onfield attitude seemed to be different from usual.
                Was that the "new" Tiger on Saturday, who let loose with the language in earshot of the microphones?

                I guess I missed the new, improved Tiger on the course this weekend.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Masters 2010

                  Originally posted by d.N.d. View Post
                  Seemed though that the pros were just having it somewhat easy at Augusta. -15 seems a little high for a Masters win total.
                  Technically (and mathematically) speaking, it's a very low score.
                  [end nitpick]

                  Some great golf going on yesterday. Watched it in High Def on my new TV. Just beautiful. "Lefty" (quotes, because golf is the only thing he is left-handed at) hit that "high-risk" shot on 13 is pure Mick. If that goes into the creek, maybe he loses only one shot (would be hitting his fourth shot from a hazard relief area), so, he knows what he's doing. Was rooting for KJ or Kim to break through, but happy that good golf prevailed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Masters 2010

                    Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                    Was that the "new" Tiger on Saturday, who let loose with the language in earshot of the microphones?

                    I guess I missed the new, improved Tiger on the course this weekend.
                    Tiger breaks promises. That's what he does.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Masters 2010

                      Originally posted by sediment View Post
                      Tiger breaks promises. That's what he does.
                      What does Tiger's Dad think of that? Guess we'll have to wait til the next Nike commercial.
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Masters 2010

                        Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                        What does Tiger's Dad think of that? Guess we'll have to wait til the next Nike commercial.
                        Tiger's dad broke the same promises. Allegedly.

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X