Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

bad call blows perfection

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad call blows perfection

Tonights Detroit game was ruined by a bad call, the starting pitcher for Detroit had a perfect game going in the 9th with 2 out, the batter hit it to shortstop and threw it to the pitcher covering, the pitcher clearly had his foot on the bag and the ball secured, no doubt was it an out, the first base umpire blew the call and called the batter safe.. I understand mistakes are made but the pitcher clearly beat out the runner by a good 3 or 4 feet, it wasn't even close or questionable.. I feel bad for the umpire he's gonna take alotta heat for this, maybe even suspended.. did anyone else see the play?

Re: bad call blows perfection

Being discussed here:

http://micechat.com/forums/sports-zo...ll-2010-a.html

(check the last few pages)

Comment

The umpire said, himself, that he botched the call and ruined history. I don't see how MLB does not overturn this. They should set a precedent by over ruling this call. What is with all these umpires losing their minds lately.....Joe West, Oswalt umpire, this call, etc.....

Comment

Add Angel Hernandez and Bob Davidson to the list of blind umpires too.

Comment

I just got a text from my mom, who has today's Tigers game on TV:

"Wait til you hear this. The umps just came out. Armando took the lineup card out for Jim Leyland. Joyce is the home plate ump today. He came out crying like a baby."

And the first pitch from Porcello today was a strike. Yay!

Comment

Who's the "he" who was crying like a baby? Joyce? Real men cry, too.

Armando is there to tell the world, "Get over it. I have."

And I'll keep this up until everyone has gotten over it.

Comment

Joyce was the one crying.

But the almost exact same blown call happened AGAIN at TODAY'S Tigers game! The ball beat the runner to 1st but he was called safe, and the game got tied because a runner came in from 3rd. WTH? :blink:

MLB is meeting today to discuss last night's events though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X