• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radiobarry
    Angel Fan MC Man
    • Apr 2005

MiceChat's Official 2010 College Football Thread

So it's time for all the tradition, the pomp, the circumstance, the bands, the big games, and the annual Boise State and BCS debates.

Yes friends, it's college football time again!

My favorite team...the UCLA Bruins...who open at Kansas State. USC played fairly well in its opener at Hawaii....

In the words of the Beach Boys...

"Be true to your school...just like you would to your girl or guy...be true to your school now, and let your colors fly..."
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
  • steamboatpete
    Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

Re: MiceChat's Official 2010 College Football Thread

With USC out of the BCS system this season, I no longer have the annoying need to see UCLA and Notre Dame win ball games to boost USC's computer rankings. I was able to thoroughly enjoy watching UCLA lose today without that sinking feeling in the back of my head that UCLA winning would have actually helped USC's rankings. It's a small consolation, but it's a consolation.
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

• Radiobarry
      Angel Fan MC Man
      • Apr 2005

I thought the Bruins played fairly well today in a tough opener.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• steamboatpete
        Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

It was a Perfect Day for USC fans. USC won, as did the opponents of Notre Dame and UCLA. The Trojans look like a very average Pac-10 team, however, so I'm not as excited as I might otherwise be after a Perfect Day.

[None]
        The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

• steamboatpete
          Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

It's now official. Your 2005 Heisman Trophy winner is ... no one.

[None]

Comment

• steamboatpete
            Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

Michigan State had the play of the season, so far, tonight against Notre Dame. A fake field goal from your own 30, down 3 in OT? Incredible.

[None]

Comment

• Radiobarry
              Angel Fan MC Man
              • Apr 2005

Number 1 Alabama? Not any more.

And USC loses on a last second field goal, for the second straight week.

If they could play any defense at all, they would have beaten Stanford.

And if you look up the word schizoid, you'll see a picture of mu UCLA team.

Comment

• dmtnt55
                The 'Big Dreams' Kid
                • Jul 2009

Florida lost.

Comment

• Radiobarry
                  Angel Fan MC Man
                  • Apr 2005

I watched the Auburn-Alabama game today.

That was one of the great comebacks I've ever seen, in any sport...especially college football.

Of course, if Alabama doesn't fumble a ball out of the end zone, it's likely 28-0 and a whole other story. And they got just six points after the first quarter.

Don't know what the future holds for Cam Newton, but on the field at least he is impressive.

And tomorrow it's the-yawn-greatest rivalry in-yawn-sports...throw the recordes out the window when these two play (they'd like to)...yadda-yadda-yadda...Notre Dame-USC...

Comment

• Radiobarry
                    Angel Fan MC Man
                    • Apr 2005

What a game last night. Boise State boots one (or doesn't) at Nevada...that's how the Broncos BCS title dream dies. Wow.

Working the radio controls at the Ventura outlet for tonight's Notre Dame-USC...altogether now....throw the records out the window when these two teams get together...
                    Last edited by Radiobarry; 11-27-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• dmtnt55
                      The 'Big Dreams' Kid
                      • Jul 2009

Minnesota upsets Iowa!

Comment

• Radiobarry
                        Angel Fan MC Man
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                        Minnesota upsets Iowa!
                        What did you think about the games yesterday?

Comment

• dmtnt55
                          The 'Big Dreams' Kid
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                          What did you think about the games yesterday?
                          I watched the Boise State game...it's really a bummer that they missed two kicks...great game, though.

That was the only game I had the chance to watch yesterday.

Comment

• Radiobarry
                            Angel Fan MC Man
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                            That was the only game I had the chance to watch yesterday.
                            The Auburn comeback was one for the ages. I didn't see the night game at Reno, but I am told that was an "instant classic" as well.

Comment

• sediment
                              Banned User
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                              I watched the Auburn-Alabama game today.

That was one of the great comebacks I've ever seen, in any sport...especially college football.

Of course, if Alabama doesn't fumble a ball out of the end zone, it's likely 28-0 and a whole other story. And they got just six points after the first quarter.

Don't know what the future holds for Cam Newton, but on the field at least he is impressive.

And tomorrow it's the-yawn-greatest rivalry in-yawn-sports...throw the recordes out the window when these two play (they'd like to)...yadda-yadda-yadda...Notre Dame-USC...
                              The SEC wants a team in the title game. Auburn is their only hope. So, <tfh> naturally, Auburn would come back to win.

Comment

• Radiobarry
                                Angel Fan MC Man
                                • Apr 2005

Watching highlight of the one boisee field goal miss, that sure looked like a good kick. If reno had something like rrreal goalposts, they mightf still be in the bcs.

Comment

• Maverick
                                  What's a motto with you?
                                  • Apr 2007

$cam Newton
                                  Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Feb 2005

I was so sick of this game before it even started. The build up is ridiculous, the 5 weeks between games is ridiculous.

Of course the defenses were going to clamp down, any team that has 5 weeks to prepare for one game is going to know what is going on.

It was an exciting game in the end, some BONEHEADED plays made by Oregon in the last minute. What is the first rule you learn way back on Pop-Warner football? YOU KEEP PLAYING UNTIL YOU HEAR A WHISTLE. Period.

Comment

• steamboatpete
                                      Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                      It was an exciting game in the end, some BONEHEADED plays made by Oregon in the last minute. What is the first rule you learn way back on Pop-Warner football? YOU KEEP PLAYING UNTIL YOU HEAR A WHISTLE. Period.
                                      How hard it must be to accept that you pissed away a BCS title by not doing something that a majority of 8th grader football players know to do.

[None]

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X