This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk NHL Hockey - Season 2010-11

Tonite the Stanley Cup Champion Blackhawks, start their 2010-11 season against Colorado. That feels so great to say, The Stanley Cup Champions. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to prove it wasn't all a dream.

I am ready for hockey. The baseball playoffs have just started. Football, in Chicago, hasn't been too bad so far, but the number one sport right now in Chicago is played one ice.

The team has changed a lot, and I'll have to learn as I watch. One thing for sure hockey is a fun sport to watch, and sometimes I listen on the radio instead. WGN does a really good job.

So let's talk hockey.

Who do your root for?

What are your predictions? My grandson is just hoping they will make the playoffs again, due to all the changes in players.

That's why they play the game. My only prediction is that it should be fun.

Go Hawks.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Let's Talk NHL Hockey - Season 2010-11

Chicago must have the biggest bandwagon in all of America.

I root for The Kings. I've "suffered" (more emotional "meh" than the usual) as much as a Cub fan, I tell ya!
    I like the young core the Kings have, but someone needs to step up and keep them in the hotel on the road trips, especially the back-to-back ones. Sure, they're young, but the competition is young, too.

I have no predictions about results. The core group went to the playoffs, won on the road, but eventually lost to a team that knew how to regroup and pay off the referees (kidding!). I'll be invited to five to ten games by my friend who has me in his extra-ticket rotation ($20 per game, good deal!). It's a slog to get all the way downtown (I spend more time getting there and returning than the duration of the game), but it's almost always worth it.

Comment

There's a really cool special on right now called Stanley's Summer Vacation. They are showing all the unique places where Lord Stanley's Cup has been hoisted. The Eiffel Tower in France, Niagara Falls, and hometowns of many of the Blackhawk players. I especially appreciate the thoughtful places it has visited like hospitals where children are being treated for cancer.

It's a shame the team lost the other night. Perhaps they will win their home opener tonite. Then again, I think the fans going to the game tonite will be happy to be there and see the championship banner being raised.

This is so good for Chicago, and good for the sport of hockey.

It was great seeing old Blackhawks Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Denis Savard, and Tony Esposito presented with their very own Stanley Cup Championship rings as well. I need to save that photo in the paper.

Let the game, let the new season begin.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

The Kings and Blackhawks figure to be trading some elbows, and perhaps playoff positioning, this season. The Kings are thought to be one of the league's und-coming teams. How many times have I heard that over the past 43 years. They open their season in Vancouver tonight. After I get home from work...Ill be listening to the best announcer most Southern Californians have never heqrd of... Bob Miller ....still going strong at 73.

Go Kings Go!!!
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Not much to write home about as the Blackhawks have lost their second game tonite.

The raising of the banner, and the pregame festivities was super great. Parts of it gave me goosebumps, and it was something to really appreciate.

However, it's a new season, and as my husband likes to say it's going to take a while before these players learn to play successfully together on a regular basis.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Go Red Wings!!!

Comment

My husband and my son both agreed that they were surpised that the Blackhawks did as well as they did last night against Detroit. They both figured that the Hawks would have gotten beaten bad by the Red Wings.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

The Blackhawks have won their first Hockey Game tonite. Buffalo went ahead early in the game, 2 to 0, but the Hawks Patrick Kane scored, and then the team fought back to a 4 to 3 win. Marion Hosa had 2 goals, and new player Nick Leddy scored his first goal.

Nice to finally win one.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Go Wild and Ducks!!!!

Comment

Went to King game last night with out-of-state relatives and their friend.
                    What a great game!

Comment

I have HDTV this season. For watching games on TV, HD is hockey's friend, although I was never one of those I would always hear complaining that it was too difficult to follow the puck.

The reverse of football, though, hocke is still best in person. Maybe if I start saving now, I can afford to get a decent seat at Staples Center in about 2012. One where I don't need to bring oxygen.
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

LA Kings at Chicago tonight.
                        Let's see what LA can do against the Stanley Cup Champions of last season.

Comment

Well, bummer of a game vs Chicago, nice bounceback against Dallas.

Comment

They are off to a slow start, but LETS GO SHARKS!!!

Comment

GEEEEZZZ, I give the Sharks some props and they go and lose to the Wild 1-0. Oh well there is still alot of season left - LETS GO SHARKS!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X