This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good and bad sports uniforms

Just kinda looks like an attack of the bumblebees! HaHa. I guess it's a good thing I am not a hockey fan. Bring on Lacrosse!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
      "I've always thought that the Chicago Blackhawks have the best hockey logo."

It's also too bad the Wirtz family still believe like that live in the 1960's and fails to provide a competitive hockey team while still being outdrawn by an minor league team called the Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
        It's also too bad the Wirtz family still believe like that live in the 1960's and fails to provide a competitive hockey team while still being outdrawn by an minor league team called the Wolves!
        Very true. My older son is a big hockey fan. In fact he roots for all Chicago sports teams, as do I. Although he watches more sports than I do, and probably bleeds more "Cubbie Blue" also. He's on the bandwagon that blames Bartman for the Cubs not making it to the World Series. Well, I shouldn't have brought that one up.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Okay, back on topic...

The Bruins wore these Winnie The Pooh jerseys as an alternate for a few years.

Franly, Tigger was angered.

Comment

Really bad jerseys I remember:

The old Astro striped jerseys. Padre taco bell tops. White Sox with the collars. Orioles solid orange. Pirates all banana yellow. Tampa Bay Bucs flaming orange jerseys. Raptors with the cartoon dinosaur. Canucks red and gold V patterns. Iowa State yellow stripes across the shoulders. Oregon (various).

That's all I can come up with.
            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
              Really bad jerseys I remember:

The old Astro striped jerseys. Padre taco bell tops. White Sox with the collars. Orioles solid orange. Pirates all banana yellow...

Oregon (various).

That's all I can come up with.
              Again, I really loved those old Astros jerseys. The Padres also had the banana yellow (prior to the "Taco Bell" look)...I hated the caps worn by the Pirates and anyone else who had the "jail stripe" thing...and I think the current unis worn by the University of Oregon are Duck-ugly too...
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• WOST CURRENT: Seahawks all-Pacific Blue (any team that goes "Harry High School" in a single color as well)
                I disagree, I love the Hawks home blue on blue. Plus check out the Pacific Blue on white combo...

Not that great if you ask me. If you're curious the combination was used once in the 2005 season opener in Jacksonville.

Comment

woo hoo, more sports uniform geeks! I thought I might be the only one on MiceChat. I read http://www.uniwatchblog.com/ every day. Paul Lukas is a columnist for ESPN.com's Page 2 and is the creator of the Uni Watch blog. I highly recommend it!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

I can't stand the Oakland A's uniforms, and it's not just because I'm an Angels fan.

Comment

personally any baseball uniform that is a vest with a longsleeved shirt under it is a horrible concept.... even though i also have to admit the sky blue 1989 chicago cubs uniforms were bad too.
                      The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                        woo hoo, more sports uniform geeks! I thought I might be the only one on MiceChat. I read http://www.uniwatchblog.com/ every day. Paul Lukas is a columnist for ESPN.com's Page 2 and is the creator of the Uni Watch blog. I highly recommend it!
                        Oh yes, Uniwatch is great!

Comment

I had bad thoughts about the 1978-1981 Cubs road uniforms, too.

Light blue with white pinstripes. Which is why I hate pinstripes on road uniforms. The Twins, Rockies, and at one time, the Reds, Padres and Reds all had pinstripes on their road grays. The Fathers were tan with brown pinstripes, and they looked like they were in San Quentin rather than a baseball team.

Comment

I had bad thoughts about the 1978-1981 Cubs road uniforms, too.

Light blue with white pinstripes. Which is why I hate pinstripes on road uniforms. The Twins, Rockies, and at one time, the Reds, Padres and Reds all had pinstripes on their road grays. The Fathers were tan with brown pinstripes, and they looked like they were in San Quentin rather than a baseball team.
                            I'm not a fan of the pinstripes on road unis either. I'd prefer the twins go back to a grey look like the team had back in the 60's in the Killebrew years. I know Mitchell & Ness make a great looking Twins road jersey from that era.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Another thing that bugs me about the Twins current unis. That nameplate on the back of the jerseys. Such a major distraction.

Comment

What about those old uniforms that the White Sox wore, with the short pants? God-awful.

I like the red Angels jersey. I think the best thing the Angels ever did was make red their primary color. Before they used to change uniforms every few years.

Comment

Another thing that bugs me about the Twins current unis. That nameplate on the back of the jerseys. Such a major distraction.
                                  I agree, I'm all for no nameplates on jerseys

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by mousercise View Post
                                    I can't stand the Oakland A's uniforms, and it's not just because I'm an Angels fan.
                                    Say what you will about the Oakland A's...the late Charlie Finley was ahead of his time in a number of ways.

In the late 60's and early 70's - the A's had something like six different uniform combinations - including a home uni described as "wedding gown white".

Into the scrap heap, please...any team jersey from the 70's--90's that did not involve buttons on the front. Not a good look.
                                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

And those knit-in belts as well.

Did you know that for a time, from 1974 until 1985, the Phillies had a zip-front on their uniform jerseys?

Comment

The current Canucks jerseys are horrible.

Because I'm sure Canucks fans always have difficulty remembering where their team is from. Now they can just look at the jersey, and bam! they can remember its Vancouver.

I liked this joke jersey someone made in response a little better:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Ben/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Ben/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I have to say that the Minnesota Gopher football team was wearing some horrible jerseys Saturday and this coming from a Minnesota fan too.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X