No announcement yet.

Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nd everybody's goin' "Whooooosh, whooooosh ...
    I feel the snow... I feel the cold... I feel the air."
    And Mr. Krofft turns to me and he says,
    "Okay, Morales. What did you feel?"

Ken Griffey Jr., Dale Long, and Don Mattingly share the record with home runs in eight straight games.

Comment

• another Rod Tidwell moment, though the jersey is number 81 in LA

Comment

• she collected erotica while in her 20s when visiting NYC...Vegas had yet to be invented.

While legally married to her first husband who was a bootlegger, an alcoholic, violent temper and history of physical and emotional abuse....negated her marriage thru a pay-off....to go into a Dump.

an appendectomy side line her education after losing her mother.....choosing to be caught up in the flapper era with her mother no longer to watch over her

she chose the name of an animal....to gain the strength of inspiration

her body hobbled, her life in the basement of expectations ...she used a Remington 3, working on her strokes for three years to become the greatest in US History.

Peachtree Street became her trivia answer.

East Lake Golf Club becomes his trivia answer.

Comment

• I have no idea who is in the play-offs and thanks to the cable industry....don't really care.

Comment

• Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
            I have no idea who is in the play-offs and thanks to the cable industry....don't really care.
            Well the Cubs are out officially now, so I don't care either.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• I slept thru Monday night...sure would have seen the Breese record and the Yankee hitter getting a post season record....but thanks to cable.....and boring TV...I fell asleep.

Comment

• I haven't watched football in a very long time. I was only a casual fan, which began back the year the Bears won the Super Bowl. I remember how the Cubs failed in the 84 playoffs, and I was a big radio listener back then. The Bears drafted Perry, and they took off. Almost winning every game, and then winning the Super Bowl at the end. Thrilling, at the time. My husband watches a lot of football, and has a great memory for sports detail. Not me. Although if a Chicago team makes it to the playoffs, I am always watching, whereas my husband gets too nervous to watch. He's strange like that.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Bueller pitch last night.

Comment

• I haven't watched even one pitch of the World Series this year. Just hasn't been top in my priorities.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• ...OH MY!!!!! OH MY!!!!!!! OH MY !!!!! am I a prophet or what??? I left the game last night at the top of the ninth, couldn't handle the emotional pressure of the Dodgers, I didn't need more depression after the last 8 days. too many curveballs the last 8 months.....very few home runs in 2018.....all I wanted was that 24 year old rookie of a pitcher to have the win, and to not experience all that hard work gone in a single swing of the bat...so I posted last night, mocking all of us who were somewhere else at the top of ninth...and Bueller would be just a side note in the World Series...and here on micechat......archaeologists would blow off the dust of this sports thread and ask .. Bueller????....and that is what he became, a side note.....IN THE LONGEST WORLD SERIES GAME IN HISTORY.......and I had not the nerve of that 24 year old man on the mound, feeling the texture of the stitches on each pitch. Stitches. I went to bed at the top of ninth....and woke up depressed......I live for those moments in sports history!!! the unfortunate concept about living....is that we don't get a restart button every time life throws a curve ball at us and we swing and that we hit foul.

Comment

• adam Vinatieri....highest scorer ever in the NFl.....Running back for the LA Rams, best example of team player, by running out the clock and not scoring, losing bonus money per touchdown, choosing to win for the team and keep the record 8-0......now who of these 2 will make the news tomorrow??

Comment

• first sunday in November, that time of the year to run by yourself in Central Park, looking like fall and looking harder to accomplish every year. That is the great concept of continually going to Disneyland,you can remember all the details,...as I remember very little of my visits to NYC except to the USO, the overnight lodging and Central station, the rest of it is just tiny points of interest. I have no idea where I was in Centeral Park, how I arrived at that point, all I know that I was there when i saw my colonel boss run by my standing location in Central park....that detail has clear as can be....because very year. I watch the first Sunday of November. Not that it earned any points in the office, I was leaving the US army in 13 days anyhow, and maybe had already resigned my post as my replacement had arrived and using vacation time to see NYC that week....that last run of Central Park.

Comment

• I have never been to New York City. I have a nephew who lives there, and his parents visit him regularly. His dad, is my husband's brother. Running in Central Park can be compared with running in Grant Park, or Lincloln Park in my city of Chicago. I have never been a runner. In my Golden days, I could walk a mile in 12.5 minutes, and I remember how good that felt. Now I am old, and walking is a chore. I tire easily. My knees don't want to bend either up, or down.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• The Blackhawks coach was fired today. He served the team well. Sad to see him go.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Working...
                              X