This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official GO CUBBIES Thread

Ok here it is for us die hard romantics.

Rooting for a Cubs World Series Title this year !

GO CUBBIES !!

Re: Official GO CUBBIES Thread

I love it. A thread in which to talk about the Cubs. I cringe when people call them the Cubbies.

It looks like the Cubs will play the Arizona Diamondbacks in Arizona for two games, before they head back to Wrigley Field. I sure hope they play a lot of games at the "Friendly Confines".

I visited the ballpark today, and I took a lot of photos. I have started a Wrigley Field Thread.

I am really loving the new Sports Zone.

"Go Cubs!"
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Go Cubs!

I will be rooting for them all the way.

Comment

I am definitely a Cubs fan at heart. I grew up watching and listening to them on TV every summer afternoon as a young child. They were my first love, before I knew the Braves existed.

GO CUBS!!
        Originally posted by aashee
        We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

As a baseball fan, of course I'd love to see the Cubs win ... but I have to root for the Angels as long as they are in.

But I will be pulling for the Cubs in the NL. Hopefully no stupid fans will catch any fair balls this year. :rules::whistling

Comment

Steve Bartman will long be forgotten, if the Cubs win the World Series.

By the way, Steve Bartman did not score all those runs, scored by the other team.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
              Steve Bartman will long be forgotten, if the Cubs win the World Series.

By the way, Steve Bartman did not score all those runs, scored by the other team.
              Amen to that! (By the way, Sir Clinks, the ball he caught would have been foul - and several others were going after it.) Once and for all, let that poor man live in peace.

Of course, if the Cubs win the first two at Chase Field, they'd only need one game at Wrigley to advance to the NLCS.

Like Gregg, I'm rooting for the Cubs in the NL. But no matter what my heart belongs to the Angels, as it has for over 40 years now.
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

GO SNAKES! I'll be at Game 2 Thursday out here in the desert.

May your misery continue at least one more year!
                a friend of Walt.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                  Amen to that! (By the way, Sir Clinks, the ball he caught would have been foul - and several others were going after it.) Once and for all, let that poor man live in peace.

Of course, if the Cubs win the first two at Chase Field, they'd only need one game at Wrigley to advance to the NLCS.

Like Gregg, I'm rooting for the Cubs in the NL. But no matter what my heart belongs to the Angels, as it has for over 40 years now.

Thanks for the support Barry and I understand your 40 year drought issue.

Its not like the Cubs have had a long drought.............

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                    Thanks for the support Barry and I understand your 40 year drought issue.

Its not like the Cubs have had a long drought.............
                    My comment was that my heart has belonged to the Angels for over 40 years.

Our "drought" if you will is only five years, since we won the title in '02. But I want another one!

Failing that, GO CUBS.
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Go D-backs!!!
                      sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

I'm liking a lot of the teams this year, but definately, GO CUBS!

Comment

I am going to have to stay up late on Wednesday night, to watch the game. It is being televised here at 9 p.m. I believe.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

I am going to have to stay up late on Wednesday night, to watch the game. It is being televised here at 9 p.m. I believe.
                            I will be doing the same.

Go Cubs!!!

Comment

Um, yeah, Rockies! Oh wait...sorry.

Peace?
                              Roo
                              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

i curently live in Arizona and am a HUGE Dodger fan,unfortunely they didn't make the playoffs =[... well i'm rooting for the yankees all the way,but i do want the cubs to beat the d-backs! =].. so, GO CUBS!!

Comment

WGN radio is loaded with lots of Cubs stuff. It is great. They have had a lot of great interviews with many great Cub people. Ryne Sandberg, Dutchie Caray, Sarge Matthews, to name a few. Earlier today they talked to Randy Hundley. I am enjoying this.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

I'd love to stay up and watch but with sick kids (getting better now but it didn't do anything for my sleep) and with work tomorrow, I'll be checking the internet for the score in the morning, I think.

I love the Cubs, having been a fan since 69 or a little earlier, and somehow in 84, 89, 98, and 03, ya knew that they were going to blow it. I don't know why I don't have that feeling this year. Maybe it really is the Cubs' year...finally...

In the words of the immortal Steve Goodman, "Go Cubs Go!"

Scott

Comment

99 years is bad enough a century would be laughable without a world series win. we don't need angels in the outfield.... we just need fair umpires instead of ones that call it a ball for the opponents and the same pitch in the same spot is a strike if the batter is a cub.
                                      The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

One step at a time, and remember they only need to win one of two in Arizona, so whatever happens, breathe easy.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X