X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talking Baseball: The Postseason Thread

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    What is with all the BUGS in Ohio!! Ick!
    Pretty nasty, isn't it? I think it is because they are close to the river.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

So the Indians won by a game winning single by Hafner. Pretty exciting
      :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
        What is with all the BUGS in Ohio!! Ick!
        yeah the bugs were awful. i really hate gnats.

Originally posted by painted windows View Post
        So the Indians won by a game winning single by Hafner. Pretty exciting
        At least this was a good game. last nights just sucked. I don't know why, but I was happier they won off a hit and not a walk....

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
          That's it! People think they are cute. Cute means they are never taken serious. They are known as the loveable losers. Don't mind me, I stayed up late last night watching them lose again.

It's hard being a Cubs fan. However, I do think that the Cubs have the most loyal fans in the game.
          Michael Wilbon made an interesting point on ESPN's Pardon the Interruption, one of my favorite shows, today.

He says the Cubs losing efforts in the playoffs have nothing to do with curses or Bartman or anything else. But he says any player coming to that team cannot ignore the history and expectations of the long-suffering fans, and at least subconsciously be affected...pitchers wanting to throw each fastball 120 miles an hour, and hit every pitch they face 600 feet.

I still think the Cubs can come back to make a series of it.

Love the Indians, but as I've said all along...I'll believe the Yankees are dead, when I see it.

And what a game in Boston tonight...3-3, 8th inning, with the Angel season basically on the line.
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

There definitely has to be something to positive thinking. The Cubs don't have a day that goes by that they don't hear about their losing ways. Since they don't play in a bubble, well....I shouldn't be making excuses, they still have at least one more game to play, hopefully 3.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

4 different series, and in each of them one team is up by 2.

Interesting.....
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                4 different series, and in each of them one team is up by 2.

Interesting.....

Maybe interesting to you.

DEVASTATING to yours truly.

I begged for them not to bring in Rodriguez.

Very tough pill to swallow.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post

Brutal ending. Youk can touch Krod's slider so he brings Manny a fastball. I've been saying it all year, Frankie is a thrower not a pitcher.

I have tickets on Sunday and I'm really dreading it. Sox have our number in October, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post

I understand that. Joe Torre does things I don;t really understand. Like leaving a sucky pitcher in to long and loading the bases on purpose with one out.....IDK....

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      Brutal ending. Youk can touch Krod's slider so he brings Manny a fastball. I've been saying it all year, Frankie is a thrower not a pitcher.

I have tickets on Sunday and I'm really dreading it. Sox have our number in October, that's for sure.
                      Frankie had not really been a dominating closer down the stretch...always an adventure. And in a tie game...they were asking for it.

As the innings went on, this seemed to be inevitable.

But this one really hurts, Chad. This one really hurts.

By the way, tip of the cap to the Red Sox. They are simply the better team.

Comment

Red Sox have a better line up top to bottom. Our strong suit WAS our bullpen. Shields and Krod are a roller coaster ride every outing. If we have to face that tough lineup with a shaky bullpen, it's game over.

I hate to have to count on Weaver going 9 innings to have a shot. Ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          Red Sox have a better line up top to bottom. Our strong suit WAS our bullpen. Shields and Krod are a roller coaster ride every outing. If we have to face that tough lineup with a shaky bullpen, it's game over.

I hate to have to count on Weaver going 9 innings to have a shot. Ugly.
                          The Angels have scored runs in exactly...one...of 18 innings so far in this series.

Comment

All series in the playoffs are 2-0 right now.

Which 0-2 team has the best chance to comeback and WIN the series?

A.) The Angels
                            B.) The Cubs
                            C.) The Phillies
                            D.) The Yankees
                            sigpic
                            Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
                              All series in the playoffs are 2-0 right now.

Which 0-2 team has the best chance to comeback and WIN the series?

A.) The Angels
                              B.) The Cubs
                              C.) The Phillies
                              D.) The Yankees
                              I am hoping that the answer to that is the Cubs.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I vote the cubs in that poll too.

Comment

C.

Then again, we're all in the same boat...the Andrea Doria. The boat we might as well be on would be the Disney Magic.

Comment

I wish the Phillies and the Cubs well tonight...because I'd like to see these series stay alive! Plus, I'm rooting for the Cubs in the NL anyway.

As for my Angels, like the players and managers themselves always say, one game at a time. They're at home tomorrow. Maybe that will give them a boost. Still feeling some pain from last night, though.

I'm not sure what Guerrero's status is. He had to come out last night after getting hit by a pitch near the shoulder area...

GO CUBS, PHILLIES and of course, GO ANGELS!

As for the poll above, I'd say the Yankees have the best chance for a comeback. Just because like I've always said, I never believe they are dead until the last nail is hammered into their coffin.

Comment

The Yankees are playing at home as well. Honestly I think they all have a chance.

Comment

I'll admit I was most surprised by the Phillies doing so poorly at home, especially with the heart of their order not hitting. Yes, the Rockies have momentum, but I didn't think they had that much momentum.

I think the Cubs will win one. I think the Yankees still have the ability to stretch it to five games, never underestimate them with their backs against the wall. I'm not that confident the Schill will prevail Sunday, either...but as a Sox fan, I'm mentally prepared for the worst to happen.

Comment

The Cubs are six outs away from the golf course or something else.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X