• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talking Baseball: The Postseason Thread

Keep it up DBacks!!!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Some randomness from me... Most of you know me as the big Dodger fan but last nights Angel game was devastating even for me. I've said all year I root for your guys and it is still true. When I went to Dodger stadium last year, down by two games I kept my spirits high and though my results weren't great, I'll keep em high for you guys in the same situation.

One of the teams I was rooting for is already down and it saddens me as well. I wish things could have turned out so much better for the Cubs.

I have to think that in this big mess of things that perhaps this is just one of those years where a team like Colorado is just meant to rise above it all. I know, their series isn't even done yet, but I'd have to pick them for the NL at this point.

I know most people see the AL as the dominant league but unless their fortunes change very quickly, the Rockies look like that magical story to me. There is no "cinderella stat" or "underdog quotient" that can be measured but there is something about that team. The Phillies are a much better team than they have looked against the Rox. The only thing that can stop the Rockies is if they suddenly decide to come back to earth. (insert obligatory references to Red Sox/Manny/Indians/Misc here.. lol)

Its been an "interesting" first set of series, where the tone has been established quite early. Of course anything can happen so here's to a little magic left for the Angels.

Comment

I am listening to the great Harry Kalas describe the final outs of tonight's Colorado-Phillies game. WPHT Radio in Philly.

Kalas has one of the great sports voices ever...(NFL Films for HBO, Campbell's soup commercials, etc.)

He is also one of the finest gentlemen I've ever met.

Now it's over...Phillies lose to the Rockies 2-1.

So both NLDS series are sweeps...and the National League Championship Series will feature two long and storied franchises...

Colorado, which came into the league in 1993, and Arizona, circa 1998!

Hopefully the Angels can buck the sweep trend tomorrow.

My heart goes out to the still long suffering Cubs fans.
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Rockies could be the cinderella story. They could beat Cleveland. Doubt they could beat the Sox.

Comment

Are there any Cubs fans out there who honestly thought Soriano would bat as poorly as he did? What was it, 2 for 13 or something like that?

You can't win if you don't hit...

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post
              Are there any Cubs fans out there who honestly thought Soriano would bat as poorly as he did? What was it, 2 for 13 or something like that?

Or at least get the clutch hit. The Cubs had many opportunities tonight and through the series and could not take advantage.
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Congrats to the D-Backs and Rockies. Two teams that the ESPN "experts" said would lose in their respected series.
                sigpic
                Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post

The Cubs were just plain terrible.

Were they overrated? Did they just get lucky down the stretch? Did they choke, and choke big?

All of the above.

Sometimes you wonder why you root for a team. However, when it get's inside your heart, you let that rule your head. Am I bitter? No. It is after all only a game. I believe the players play the best they can. They just didn't get it done.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

The sweeps continue. RIP post season Angels.

Comment

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox, the superior team in every way in this series...wrapping it up with a convincing 9-1 win today at the Big A.

Hard to win when you score only four runs, in only two different innings, over three games.

Yes, the Angels had injuries but that's part of the game and I will make no excuses here.

Yes, it hurts me to see things end this way. But thank you, Angels, for a lot of thrills and a fine season nonetheless.

Good luck to the Red Sox the rest of the way - they are definitely the best of the teams remaining IMHO.

Comment

Then again, Arizona had the best record in the NL.

And it looks like the Indians-Yankees series will go on for at least another game.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                          Then again, Arizona had the best record in the NL.

And it looks like the Indians-Yankees series will go on for at least another game.
                          Leave it to the Yankees to spoil the monopoly on "sweeps".
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

yeah!!! go yankees!!!

:yea: :yea: :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                              Leave it to the Yankees to spoil the monopoly on "sweeps".
                              And I hope they win tomorrow, and it goes to the fifth game. That way, whoever plays the Sox next Friday won't have their rotation set, and we can blow 'em away.

Comment

I wanna see the Yanks get the world series. I would love to see a rematch of 01!
                                :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

It's interesting, now that all the division series are over, how in each case, the team that lost saw lousy hitting from the middle of their lineup. For the Phillies, Cubs, Angels and Yankees, they simply did not produce the way they had during the regular season (admittedly, the Angels had injuries).

Is it a case of good pitching beats good hitting? I don't know. But at this time of year, people have to step up and produce! When you look at the four teams still in it, that pretty much describes them.

Comment

Originally posted by painted windows View Post
                                    I wanna see the Yanks get the world series. I would love to see a rematch of 01!
                                    ain't gonna happen. The Yankees are defeated by the Indians by a score of 6 to 4, in the 4th game. The Yankees have been eliminated.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Congrats to Cleveland. Boy, Borowski can make even the most confident fan sweat. This will be a fun ALCS. Boston is on a roll, but Cleveland has their big 2, Sabathia and Carmona going.
                                      sigpic
                                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Great job by Cleveland. I hope they can beat the Sox.
                                        One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                                        Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

I'm rooting for a Cleveland/Colorado series.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X