This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Talking Baseball: The Postseason Thread

The Rockies are exciting. There's no doubt about that. Will they keep on winning? Only time will tell.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

How interesting Indians vs. Rockies could be...

Boston now down 2-1. Hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by sneakerspray View Post
        How interesting Indians vs. Rockies could be...

Boston now down 2-1. Hmmm.....
        I'm sure the 93 people watching it will think so too....lol. It wil be a ratings bomb, However both teams will deserve to be there. Red Sox aren't dead yet....GO RED SOX!!!
        -----------------------------------------------
        DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
          I'm sure the 93 people watching it will think so too....lol. It wil be a ratings bomb, However both teams will deserve to be there. Red Sox aren't dead yet....GO RED SOX!!!
          I never really think much of baseball ratings but ok.

Comment

I have been watching the games, and they have been pretty exciting. I just wish that they were on a little earlier. I don't understand why they didn't have any afternoon games on over the weekend.

I guess no one cares about the kids, or thinks that they even watch the games any more.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Congratulations to the Rockies!

Comment

According to Ken Rosenthal on FOX tonight:

It appears that the necessary move will be made in the Angels organization. Mr. "can't pull the trigger on a deal" Bill Stoneman will leave his post as GM, to become a consultant.

Looks like the assistant GM, Ken Forsch, will take over. I don't know if it's smart to promote from within, in this situation.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                  According to Ken Rosenthal on FOX tonight:

It appears that the necessary move will be made in the Angels organization. Mr. "can't pull the trigger on a deal" Bill Stoneman will leave his post as GM, to become a consultant.

Looks like the assistant GM, Ken Forsch, will take over. I don't know if it's smart to promote from within, in this situation.
                  It's about time Moreno did something! I have no idea of Ken Forsch's track record but I think my 9 year old son can do a better job at GM than Stoneman did. Maybe now they will finally get a more solid team!

Comment

Congrats to the Rockies. Amazing! 21 of their last 22 games they've won.

I still can't get over the fact that Clint Hurdle was fighting for his job just a few months ago. Now he's taking his team to the World Series.

I'll obviously be rooting for the Rox in the World Series.:thumbup:
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

I'd like to see the Angels hire from within. It seems the cool thing for teams with money to go get a hot GM from the open market. It seems to me someone from the team is better equiped to focus on the teams true needs rather then just spending money wildly.

Either way I'm excited to see someone who's willing to be more apt to pull the trigger rather than coveting what's in the farm system to the point that nothing ever gets done.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        It's about time Moreno did something! I have no idea of Ken Forsch's track record but I think my 9 year old son can do a better job at GM than Stoneman did. Maybe now they will finally get a more solid team!
                        Well, let's not go to far overboard...the Angels had a World Series Championship and three division winners over the last six seasons. He must have done something right. But it is time for a change.

I think Forsch would be a good hire...but having served under Stoneman isn't there a chance he'll give us more of the same?
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                          I think Forsch would be a good hire...but having served under Stoneman isn't there a chance he'll give us more of the same?
                          Yah. This thought came to me right after I hit the "submit reply" button.

Comment

The Los Angeles Times says that Tony Reagins, the Angels' director of player development, is expected to become the new GM.

Stoneman had his great moments, and he did lead us to the playoffs several times, but over the last two years, we've needed a big bat to back up Vlad, and he never closed the deal. And we have so much depth in the farm system, we could have given up a couple of players to get what we needed.

On another note, Congrats Rockies fans. It's your first World Series!
                            One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                            Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
                              The Los Angeles Times says that Tony Reagins, the Angels' director of player development, is expected to become the new GM.
                              To that end:

latimes.com -

Stoneman expected to quit as Angels' GM

General manager who built 2002 World Series champion is expected to stay on as consultant and possibly to mentor his likely replacement, player development director Reagins.
                              By Bill Shaikin and Mike DiGiovanna
                              Los Angeles Times Staff Writers

6:30 PM PDT, October 15, 2007

Bill Stoneman, the architect of the lone World Series championship team in Angels history, is expected to leave his position as general manager Tuesday.

The Angels have called a news conference Tuesday morning for what the team described as "a major announcement." The Angels did not elaborate.

It is believed, however, that Stoneman plans to move into a consultant's role and will be replaced as general manager by Tony Reagins, the Angels' director of player development.

Reagins, who joined the Angels as an intern in 1991 and has run the club's minor league system for the last six seasons, could be mentored by Stoneman and veteran assistants Ken Forsch and Gary Sutherland.
                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Comment

Could we be seeing A-Rod in an Angels uniform next year?

Comment

Signing big name players doesn't always put a team over the top in the success department.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

^ No, but it couldn't hurt ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                      ^ No, but it couldn't hurt ticket sales.
                                      It could if you take a team with a successful attendance record and then raise prices to afford the guy.

Theres an article on the Dodgers website about a $10 across the board ticket hike, plus concessions, to afford the guy. Not written in stone mind you, but parking went up $5 this season and all we got were the parking lot people with the red flags.

Comment

The Cubs tried to buy a World Series, and they didn't get out of the first round. Also, Cubs fans show up regardless of how the team is playing on the field. Home games are impossible to get tickets for, unless you want to pay a ticket broker. I remember when I could stand in line and get tickets for the upcoming season. Now everything is by lottery. I haven't been to a ballgame at Wrigley Field in years. Success for the Cubs has made it hard for the average fan, and we still haven't won, or even gotten to a World Series.

Be grateful if you get to see your home team in their own ballpark.
                                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                          Could we be seeing A-Rod in an Angels uniform next year?
                                          This is just my opinion, but I would love to see A-Rod in a uniform other than pinstripes next season.
                                          sigpic
                                          Home away from Home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X