• Show
Clear All

• aashee
    replied
    Re: Talking Baseball: The Postseason Thread

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post
    Enjoy your win MG-

Take the high road... enjoy it becasue it doesn't last forever

Congrats to the RSox. Taking the high road requires direction. Some have no sense of it and other refuse to take it.

Leave a comment:

• DMof2
    replied

Enjoy your win MG-

Take the high road... enjoy it becasue it doesn't last forever

Leave a comment:

• Maverick
    replied

oh you'll bow

Leave a comment:

• DMof2
    replied

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Congrats to Boston, even though I was really pulling for Colorado.

Man, a year ago when the Red Sox didn't even make the playoffs, fans were gearing up for another 90 year drought. Now they're on top of the world tonight.
    Yeah really makes you wonder who pays the most :lmao:

Not Georgie - that's for sure

I won't bow til someone catches up to our 26 Congrats Yes, bow NO!

Leave a comment:

• Maverick
    replied

bow to us.....

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

I called Boston in four.

Call me psychic, lucky or perfect.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Congrats to Boston, even though I was really pulling for Colorado.

Man, a year ago when the Red Sox didn't even make the playoffs, fans were gearing up for another 90 year drought. Now they're on top of the world tonight.

Leave a comment:

• DMof2
    replied

My dear Boston friend was bugging me last night :lol: I told him I have more important things to worry about than who wins this WS -

:beg: Please hire Girardi!!! Please hire Girardi!!!

The good thing about living in the NY Tri state area is that all you hear on the tv and see in the papers is what's going on in Yankee news - Amen!

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

This series is OVER!

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
    give us the rings now....

Not before a trip to Colorado.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Boston takes Game 2. Wow, Papelbon really gets pumped doesn't he.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick
    replied

give us the rings now....

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    Sure they were happy. TBS got screwed with all the short series this season.

Here's the $1,000,000 question? Would Fox rather have Rox vs Cleveland with a close exciting 7 game series or Boston vs. the Rox and an eventless 4 or 5 game Boston victory?

I'm not sure we'll ever know the answer to that question.

Go Rox!

P.S. Good to see you on the boards again Barry!
    Thanks, Chad.

I think there's little question that FOX would do better ratings-wise and financially with the Red Sox and a shorter series.

For example, the Angels-Giants series in 2002 was for the most part a very compelling seven-game series, even putting aside my obvious bias. Yet it had the lowest national rating of any World Series in history to that point.

By the way, I know they looked bad in game 1, and the "Sawx" looked like world-beaters...but I am not ready to write Colorado off just yet, and the Red Sox fans that might be doing so, are doing it at their peril.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

I'm not too familiar with the Rockies, other than I know they played excellent in the post season so far.

That being stated, Beckett is a very good pitcher, and from my memory of how he pitched against the Angels the score of today's game is no surprise to me.

I am thinking that the other games will go well for the Rockies as the Red Sox other pitchers are more managable, except for maybe Schilling if he is on his game.

Leave a comment:

• Wotan
    replied

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I'm about ready to turn the TV off!!!
    Strange, I caught every pitch on the big screen TV in Hi Def with surround sound, and enjoyed it immensely. I wonder why that is? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

As expected, the 9 day layoff effected the Rox, Boston came out swinging, and Josh Beckett was unhittable.

For those rooting for the Rox (including me), hopefully they shook off the rust tonight and they'll come back and play their ball tomarrow.

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

What the heck are my Rockies doing???
    :bang:
    I'm about ready to turn the TV off!!!

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Still, you have to believe that executives at MLB and FOX were relieved to say the least when Boston won the ALCS. The Red Sos following across the country is most as big as the Yankees, as is the tune-in because you love em-or hate em factor.

I don't think Colorado's rust factor will be nearly as bad as Detroit's a year ago. For one thing, I don't thinl their pitchers will forget how to play defense. Even if they lose game one against Beckett, they likely win game 2 and go back to Coors 1-1. Red Sox fans - you are favored to win the series - your team should be. But it ain't gonna happen in four or five games.

Sure they were happy. TBS got screwed with all the short series this season.

Here's the $1,000,000 question? Would Fox rather have Rox vs Cleveland with a close exciting 7 game series or Boston vs. the Rox and an eventless 4 or 5 game Boston victory?

I'm not sure we'll ever know the answer to that question.

Go Rox!

P.S. Good to see you on the boards again Barry!

Leave a comment:

• painted windows
    replied

If they beat Becket tonight I think they can take the series. But if they don't I really don't think they will win. Becket can potentially pitch 3 out of the seven games if needed to and he usually comes up big in the post season.

Leave a comment:

• Wotan
    replied

A lot will ride on the outcome of the first two games. If Beckett remains true to form and dominant, and we get the good Curt Schilling, then it will only take one win from Dice-K or Jon Lester to put us over the top. If the series moves to Colorado 1-1, or even worse, 0-2, it could be a long winter for us in Red Sox Nation.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X