This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Wrigley Field Thread

I usually sat in centerfield. There were regular Bleacher Bums that sat in the Right Field seats, and another group that sat in Left Field. People would come early and stand in line for quite a while, in order to get the seat that they wanted. I would visit the local Brown's Chicken and eat my lunch in centerfield. That Brown's Chicken is no longer at the Addison location.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Have you ever hit a home run? This is the view that the Wrigley Field Ball Hawks get when they try to catch a homerun ball on Waveland Avenue.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

A lot of baseballs have been hit down that street.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Both of the Foul Poles at Wrigley Field have "Hey, Hey" signs, in honor of broadcaster Jack Brickhouse. It was his trademark homerun yell.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Harry Caray got the statue.

I have always thought that Cubs Hall of Famer, Ernie Banks, should have gotten that honor first. There is talk that one will be erected in his honor in the near future.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

There are many drinking establishments around the ballpark. The most well known being Murphy's Bleachers and the Cubby Bear. I have never been in any of these. I can understand how many like to go out and party with their friends. I like to watch my baseball in front of my color television with Ron and Pat on the radio. I know that Ron Santo does a lot of whining. Who of us haven't thought what Ron Santo comes right out and says? Wrigleyville is a fun place to live. The neighborhood is a vital one. The ballpark has brought much business to the area.
              Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

The scoreboard at Wrigley is of the old fashioned kind. The score is manually changed by Cubs employees who are behind it.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

These pavers are on the Addison side of the ballpark. I believe it costs just under $200 to have a personalized paver on the ground outside of Wrigley. Where the money goes exactly, I'm not sure.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

This sign was in one of the sports stores near Wrigley. I understand that a lot of Cubs merchandise has been sold since the Cubs clinched their division.

Tomorrow the Cubs return to Wrigley Field. Hopefully they will win tomorrow, and continue to win, and then take this series to 5 games.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

As I walked down Clark Street today, I saw this bus parked. It obviously brought many fans to the ballpark today.

I am watching the end of the third playoff game. The Cubs are down 2 games to 0. It is the top of the 9th inning of this game, and the Cubs are losing.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

As I arrived at the corner of Clark and Addison, I stopped to listen to some broadcasters from WGN Radio.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

The sign is welcoming TBS to Wrigley Field for the broadcast of the playoffs. Many people were looking for the best place to stand to get a good shot of the sign.

A kindly gentleman offered to take mine.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

I am listening to the very end of the game. It appears that the Cubs are about to be swept out of the playoffs. I turned off my television. I really don't want to see Arizona celebrating.

Soriano made the last out.

Arizona 5 Cubs 1.

We wait again. Next year -one whole century without a World Series.

I refuse to be depressed. I had a lot of fun today walking around the ballpark, and taking more photos. This time the fans were there. Not like my earlier shots. I was walking down Waveland just as a batting practice ball cleared the wall. The Bleacher fans yelled "Ball", and the ballhawks ran to get it. Had I not moved to get a great shot of the scoreboard. Can't beat fun at the "Old ballpark".
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

This was the scene outside of the Cubby Bear.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

The fans supported their team, right down to the end.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Wrigley Field looked great with all the flags flying.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ron Santo led the singing of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" today. He did Harry proud.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

There was a lot of great atmosphere at the ballpark, complete with musicians.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Great pics Barbaraann! Wrigley Field is the essence of a good old time ballpark.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
                                          Great pics Barbaraann! Wrigley Field is the essence of a good old time ballpark.
                                          There's more to come.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X