This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here we go ANGELS, here we go!

Ugh. What a sucktastic loss. We'll get them Friday. Maybe our offense will even show up.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

:squeeze: Ijenn.......
      Katie :yea:
      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
        Ugh. What a sucktastic loss. We'll get them Friday. Maybe our offense will even show up.
        I wouldn't discredit the offense too much. I am an Angels fan but the pitching performance from Josh Beckett was phenomenal.

Comment

Bah. I want to know what Aybar was doing in that game. Find a way to get Willets back in there. The Angels need good defense, but they need EVERYONE who can hit! I think they'll do better on Friday, but only if our pitching holds up. Nice job from Santana in relief. Big John needs to not give up ANY runs in the first three innings...

Another sad story...

I FINALLY got a reply from the play-off pool for playoff tickets....and I didn't see it until this morning.

All of the tickets are gone.

Comment

Sorry Ijiz and all Angels fans :squeeze:
            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Thanks Laura. :love:

Game two is tonight. I'll be at the airport and then at Disneyland, so I won't be able to watch the game ... but people have promised to text me updates!

I hope we can win today and that the Angels make a series of it.
              One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
              Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

I have that familiar feeling in my gut that is all to familiar after following this team for 43 years.

It hurts. It hurts a lot.

This loss is just about as bad as it gets.

I was asking Sciosia, through my TV, please don't bring in Rodriguez.

The ending was predictable. Pitch around Big Papi, and get buried by Manny.

The Red Sox are really starting to tick me off.

This one really hurts.

And yes, we come home...to face Curt Schilling.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
                    That pretty much says it all tonight, DK.
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      I have that familiar feeling in my gut that is all to familiar after following this team for 43 years.

It hurts. It hurts a lot.

This loss is just about as bad as it gets.

I was asking Sciosia, through my TV, please don't bring in Rodriguez.

The ending was predictable. Pitch around Big Papi, and get buried by Manny.

The Red Sox are really starting to tick me off.

This one really hurts.

And yes, we come home...to face Curt Schilling.
                      Yep...I feel your pain, RB. We really had a shot at it for a while there. But we didn't really need home field, right? :bang: And I about lost my mind when he brought in Shields. Those pitches were flying in every direction, and he just left him in. Fortunately, he got through that inning. But the Angels' bats just went cold again, and Frankie....Frankie hasn't been Frankie for a while now. I could see that ending coming a mile away. Once we went down in the top of the ninth and Ortiz and Manny came up...I kind of had a feeling.

MAYBE they'll squeak one out in Anaheim, but will they be able to win three in a row?

Anything can happen, but it doesn't look good at this point.

What was it the Brooklyn Dodgers always used to say? Something about NEXT year?

Comment

I think that's the Cubs line.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Well, I was hoping to see some Angel fans in here today, trying to keep spirits up before tomorrow's game.

I guess it's up to me! C'mon Angel fans, I know that the two losses in Boston were hard to take, but if we can get past Schilling tomorrow...and Weaver comes through for us...well, at least we can stop the trend of three-game sweeps!

It's not over yet. Where there is life, there is hope.

LET'S GO ANGELS!!!

Comment

Today could make or break it......

I can't believe the Angels even have confidence in Sheilds...IMO he sucks.

Comment

the angels are looking good so far. Maybe they will be the first team to break out of the sweeps that have been happening.

Comment

We can't bear to watch any more. We've switched the The War on PBS.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                                  We can't bear to watch any more. We've switched the The War on PBS.
                                  At least it won't be a shutout. Thanks, Eric Gagne.

Comment

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox, who were the superior team in every way. 9-1 the final today...the Angels were never really in it, it seemed...even though it was only 2-0 til the 8th.

Thanks, Angels, for a great season with a lot of thrills. You can hold your heads high.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                                      Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox, who were the superior team in every way. 9-1 the final today...the Angels were never really in it, it seemed...even though it was only 2-0 til the 8th.

Thanks, Angels, for a great season with a lot of thrills. You can hold your heads high.
                                      Except for Scioscia... :bash: who poo-pooed the idea of home field. If they had gone after the Rangers and held on to first place in the AL, WE would have had the Yankees at home, and the Angels had their number this year. If we beat the Yankees, we would have probably had Boston in Anaheim for the first two games, and I think it very well could have turned out differently.

But we got smoked by the Rangers, and Oakland as well. And as streaky as the Angels tend to be, I feel this was a poor decision by Scioscia.

And maybe it's time for Stoneman to hit the road. And Bud Black. We should have had another bat or two, and SOMEONE needs to work with our bullpen!

Bah.. Seems like the same problems the Angels have been having for the past four years or so. Great that they won the divison, but Boston was STACKED with talent. Let's hope that Arte will want to spend some of his hard earned cash on some additional talent on next year's team.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                                        And maybe it's time for Stoneman to hit the road. And Bud Black. We should have had another bat or two, and SOMEONE needs to work with our bullpen!
                                        Bud Black is managing the Padres now?

I went to the game today. I hate feeling like the season was cut short. Knew it wasn't looking good when GA left the game. Can't believe he was even able to play the last two games. Stayed till the last out when a lot of people were leaving during the 8th, gotta support the team until the end.

My own personal gripe.... too many Red Sox fans there (as usual). Angel fans need to stop selling their tickets :bash: (I know... I can keep dreaming)

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post

Bah.. Seems like the same problems the Angels have been having for the past four years or so. Great that they won the divison, but Boston was STACKED with talent. Let's hope that Arte will want to spend some of his hard earned cash on some additional talent on next year's team.
                                          First off...Bud Black hit the road a year ago and was manager of the San Diego Padres this past season. Mike Butcher was pitching coach this year ...

It's the same old story. Stoneman needs to do something to shore up the offense, and perhaps the bullpen as well. We need to have a team that can not only win a relatively weak A.L West, but win in the playoffs too.

In 04 we won the division and were blown out in the first round by the Red Sox. In 05 we beat the Yanks in the first round but were mowed down by the White Sox. The Angel attack was non-existent.

They've lost seven straight postseason games now since winning game 1 against the White Sox two years ago.

Again, thanks Angels for a fun season. Paging Mr. Bill Stoneman...paging Mr. Stoneman...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X