Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't like the following sports teams because........

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I don't like the following sports teams because........

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The anger and the hatred that began in the individual threads for the baseball playoffs, seems to be alive and thriving in this thread now.
    Ridiculous, isn't it? I haven't been in any of the other BB threads (other than the Angels) because I'm not a fan and yet I don't plan on bashing others who happen to be fans of those teams. Doesn't make sense to me. It is a GAME for crying out loud! Why should there be hatred over a game? Yankee bashing seems to have become a national pass time and now there is Angel bashing. What is the point? I don't hate the Yankees but I sure don't want them to win because I'm an Angel fan. As I would expect the Yankee fans to want their team to win yet not hate other teams. (Just using Yankees and Angels as an example - not singling them out for any specific reason).

Comment

Wow! I can't see hating a team for any reason. I certainly cannot see hating a team by saying their fans are rude and obnoxious. Do you know them all?

This thread is a clear picture of the rude and obnoxious fans.
      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I've known quite a few rude and obnoxious:

UNC Fans
        Michigan Fans
        Yankee Fans (what about the one in NY who cussed me out because I said "Go Angels" in the subway in May???? Nice)
        Miami fans (like the one who got in my face and danced when their team beat Duke and I had to tell him to dance like that when they beat a real team...everyone knows Duke football sucks lol)
        Raider fans

Not saying I am perfect, but I certainly don't need to say "my team is the best" to prove that I am a true fan. Heck...I'm the first one to criticize my teams......last nights pitching for the Angels??? Terrible.....what was wrong with Lackey??? 4 runs...pshhhh. Oh and USC this past Friday? Embarrassing. Carolina's loss??? horrible...David Carr sucks as a QB
        Katie :yea:
        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post

Everyone tends to hate the best teams, just the way it is I guess...
          True, it's just a jealousy thing...

I know I'm going to go to Angel hell for this one, but I do admit that the Yanks have some greatly talented players on the team. You can't match most of those guys for their team spirit, Hear that one Bonds?, Or their perseverance. They come up with wins, simply put.

With the soccer balls on your signature, I can assume you have a team or player that just raises the hairs on the back of your neck. Mine is Cobi Jones from the Galaxy, past his prime and how can he run with such a large , swollen head?

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
            Some of the things I LOATHE:

"I hate this team that team and I love any team that is playing_______"
            You might then be the only Trojan I know who doesn't favor USC and the opponents of UCLA and Notre Dame as their three favorite college football teams.

Or is it just this week ? ...
            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

[quote=DMof2;2209518]SO true! The Yankee fans (especially here on MC) are not rude, obnoxious or nasty towards other teams.quote]

Or ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2dYhpO5r_Q

[None]
              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

What up with the Rams hating?! AHHHHH!

and you CANT hate the cardinals. i mean, they won 2006 World Series.

You gotta love all the STL teams. GO STL!
                and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

Comment

Hatred is one thing, but I'm more of an underdog kinda of guy. Much easier to root for David than Goliath. Yankees have been Goliath for the last 13 years.

Comment

Originally posted by VMKPrincess View Post
                    What up with the Rams hating?! AHHHHH!

and you CANT hate the cardinals. i mean, they won 2006 World Series.

You gotta love all the STL teams. GO STL!
                    Sorry. I have reasons for hating the Rams and it has to do with them leaving our city and blaming it on the fans.

I'm all for team pride but Georgia Frontiere is evil. Again, when she breathes her last breath I will no longer hate the Rams.

Cardinals are fine, but I do not like Tony LaRussa. As you can see I hold grudges.)

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      Sorry. I have reasons for hating the Rams and it has to do with them leaving our city and blaming it on the fans.

I'm all for team pride but Georgia Frontiere is evil.
                      English wordsmiths have yet to craft a term to adequately express how strongly I agree with every word you wrote there.

[None]

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                        You might then be the only Trojan I know who doesn't favor USC and the opponents of UCLA and Notre Dame as their three favorite college football teams.

Or is it just this week ? ...
                        I favor USC...and that's it. I don't need to say something like "I root for USC and Anyone who plays UCLA, NOTRE DAME, etc etc" It's just stupid IMO...Just root for your team, no need to say the other crap.
                        Katie :yea:
                        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                          English wordsmiths have yet to craft a term to adequately express how strongly I agree with every word you wrote there.
                          It's refreshing to find someone who feels as strongly. I'd hope the people of Saint Louis can respect our feeling because they had the Cardinals stolen from them in a similar fashion. As least the Cleveland was smart enough to sue to keep the name of the team (browns).

Georgia's husband will laugh at her in Hell.

Comment

I'm not alone for my dislike of the raiders! Thank you :bow: Living in Oakland, and being a Niners fan, I hate dealing with raider fans. This is how the argument usually goes

-*I'm wearing some sort of Niners gear*
                            Random dude: Your a niner fan?
                            -Yeah
                            Niners suck!
                            -You like the raiders??
                            Raider nation baby!! We're going to the superbowl!

Now I could just leave the conversation right here, because I start laughing uncontrollably after hearing that prediction. Instead, I say something like this...

-Can you even name 5 players on your team??
                            Uhhhh Randy Moss, .........
                            -He left for the Pats
                            Uhhh Uhhhh.....Shut up!!!! *Followed by various cuss words*

I only have 1 friend who's a raider fan and I can actually have a good argument with. Everyone else gets shut down.
                            "Difficult takes a day
                            Impossible takes a week"
                            - Jay-Z

Comment

It's refreshing to find someone who feels as strongly. I'd hope the people of Saint Louis can respect our feeling because they had the Cardinals stolen from them in a similar fashion. As least the Cleveland was smart enough to sue to keep the name of the team (browns).

Georgia's husband will laugh at her in Hell.
                              First of, hatred is just too strong a word. Especially when it comes to sports.

But I have "very strongly disliked" Madame Ram, ever since she took over the team after her husband's "unfortunate accident".

She and her henchmen (John Shaw and company) did her best to take a very competitive team and run it into the ground, giving her the excuse to bail in 1995.

Did she suddenly "get religion" in St. Louis and start paying her players what they were worth? If so, I'm sure that the sweetheart deal she got on the stadium lease there and all those additional "revenue streams" guided her spiritual experience.

I was a diehard Ram fan from 1967-1994. A few of my friends are still Ram fans, but I couldn't do it. I've rooted for the Rams to lose every game they've ever played since, because of "Madame Ram". In that January 2000 Super Bowl game, I rooted with all my heart for Tennessee. I was sick to my stomach when I saw Georgia holding the trophy that night. New England's win over them two years later was one of my fondest memories.

Anyway, other teams I don't particularly care for...

The Yankees...because they have more money than God and are good every year, and if I ever forget it, they'll remind me.

(A Yankee fan suggesting Angel fans are obnoxious? That's a hot one.))

The Raiders - forever a dirty team, and their fans, in general, reflect it.

USC - Can't stand the fight song, tired of the horse. GO BRUINS!
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                                First of, hatred is just too strong a word. Especially when it comes to sports.

But I have "very strongly disliked" Madame Ram, ever since she took over the team after her husband's "unfortunate accident".
                                Hey Pal,

Time to play Devil's advocate. I understand not wanting to use the word hate in sports. Do you strongly dislike OJ Simpson? He was most likely involved in an unfortunate incident as well.

I don't use the hate word liberally, but those 2 have earned it.

Comment

Hey Pal,

Time to play Devil's advocate. I understand not wanting to use the word hate in sports. Do you strongly dislike OJ Simpson? He was most likely involved in an unfortunate incident as well.

To each their own. To me, there's already so much hatred in the world, without my having to add to it. Especially when it comes to something that's supposed to be fun, like sports.
                                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                                    To each their own. To me, there's already so much hatred in the world, without my having to add to it. Especially when it comes to something that's supposed to be fun, like sports.

Then you are a better man than I. I wouldn't call it adding hate to the world because it's all in my head. There are no threats, no letter writing campaign, no slander.

Nor does it fester in me, I just know in my heart what these people have done to people's lives, or precisly how those lives were ended.

Comment

Hey Pal,

Just wanted to chime in and say I hated that movie. Carry on.
                                      -Jack :geek:
                                      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Has someone covered hockey yet? If not, I'll have to step in.

Teams I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate:

Edmonton Oilers: Because they are the Oilers and are from Edmonton, thus they need to be hated.

Vancouver Canucks: Regional rivals, annoying fans.

Toronto Maple Leafs: Get all the coverage despite their constant sucking. Also, in Canada if you are not a Leafs fan you are a Leafs hater.

Nashville Predators: They always seem to beat us, and they have such a good team in a city that doesn't care! Gah, it annoys me to no end.

Tampa Bay: They stole our cup.

So those are the only teams that I despise, teams that merely annoy me are:
                                        Colorado
                                        Minnesota
                                        San Jose
                                        Buffalo

For baseball, I don't like the Yankees or the Giants. Also the Red Sox have always irritated me for some reason, ever since I was little.

For basketball I don't like the Lakers. Mainly because I don't like Kobe.

For NFL football its the Patriots who I can't stand. Again, another weird annoyance that I can never explain.

For CFL football (I know, I know, who cares right? But I have to include it) its the Edmonton Eskimos (same reason I hate the Oilers)

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                                          Just wanted to chime in and say I hated that movie. Carry on.

Good luck in the after life! You don't like Devils or Angels.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X