Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't like the following sports teams because........

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiment626
    replied
    Re: I don't like the following sports teams because........

At least the Padres have a nicer looking stadium than the Dodgers!

Leave a comment:

• Jedimyndtryx
    replied

LOL!!!!! See, I told you I was worked up!!!

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by Jedimyndtryx View Post
    Oh boy.....here I go:

Angels = First off, I do not hate the Angels.. That is why I hate the Angels.
    :blink:

We're all allowed to hate teams, that's what makes it fun.

Leave a comment:

• Jedimyndtryx
    replied

Oh boy.....here I go:

Angels = First off, I do not hate the Angels. I enjoyed watching Wally Joyner, Gary Pettis, Doug DeCinces(sp.), Mike Witt, Brian Downing, Devon White, Don Sutton and etc play. It wasnt until after the World Series win and the NAME CHANGE that just angered me to the utmost point of angertivity. What the heck kind of slap to the face to the City of Anaheim was it to add the Los Angeles part? After all the support of so many years of all the fans coming to the Big A and rooting for the team to just dump them like that? It wasnt like it was a move like the Dodgers made, no they were still going to be in Anaheim! To cater to a bigger market? I hardly see ANY Angels fans in LA. When I go to DL, of course you see all kinds of Angels fans, because it's Anaheim! Plus, the majority of obnoxious Angels fans pull the "Who won the World Series more recently" card on Dodger fans out here. Its pathetic. Why do you want to say how you run LA when your home is not even in the city? You dont see Jets fans saying they run NY! They play in Jersey!!! Same crap. That is why I hate the Angels.

Padres (Madres) = Boy oh boy, do I hate the Pads. Cant stand them. Anything San Diego I hate. Even Sea World. Cant stand the city at all. I admit, they have the Dodgers number. We couldnt beat the Pads if our lives depended on it. Its sickening to me. Its the same thing though...." Yeah, well we always beat the Dodgers, we have a better chance of winning a championship than you". Yeah, well, unfortunately I am one of those pull the rings out kind of guys. I have never seen the Pads win a World Series - why? Because they never have!! How can you pull out the my team is better than yours when baseball is such a history-rich sport? San Di-Lame-O has no history. The Pads are pathetic. I hate them with an absolute passion.

Giants (Gnats) = I just hate the fans. When they start talking all this smack about how much they hate the Dodgers, well we have owned them in SF for the past few series, games. Lot of history and bad blood. I would have stopped being a Dodgers fan if Barroids had broken the record in LA. Nuff said.

Chargers = Same as the Pads. They talk so much smack about how good they are when they havent won a Playoff game since 1994. They did make it to the Super Bowl that year but for what? My Niners broke almost every single record that game. We demolished them. Ripped them a new one. Yet, even though they have had some pretty good seasons, they have not proven ANYTHING! So a team can have the best record but nothing counts if you dont make it to the mountain top, something that a team with arguably the best running back in the league has not done.

Raiders = See, all of my friends are Raider fans! LOL. But they are cool Raider fans. They are not the kind to expect championships with a 2-14 season. They know what needs to be done and they respect the fact that although they have won 3 rings in the past, they have a lot of work to do if they want to win more. I just hate the types of fans as everyone has mentioned before how they will kick our a$$ at every single opportunity they get and how they get screwed every single week by one thing or another and how if they were healthy they would be champs every year.

Suns = I hate the Suns. Even though I love Kobe, he needs to just shut up and focus on beating these guys. Phoenix is good on paper but just like the Chargers, no one is going to remember who had the best regular season. They only remember the champions....which is why no one respects or will ever remember the Suns.

Kings = I think I hate Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin more than the team itself. I remember the Horry shot in the WCF which pretty much put the nail in the coffin of the "good" Sacramento teams. I hated the 'Queens" when they had Vlade, Doug Christie, Brad Miller, Bibby, etc during the times they were making a run against the Shaq-Kobe Lakers.

OKay, I am worked up. I will finish the rest later. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

John Kasay is awesome. Steve should not be the only one they rely on. They have Jarrett and Colbert (when he can hold on to the ball). Colbert had 74 yds on Sunday which if memoruy serves me is probably his best game yet. I love him, he's pretty cool. I think all the teams they play KNOW that Steve is a potential threat so they put as many players all over him, thus making it difficult to get the ball to him effectivley

Ok this si about college football....let's get back to it. Sorry for the diversion.

OkiMel, I was pretty happy for App State....they are really a great team.

Leave a comment:

• OkiMel
    replied

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
    This happened at the Duke game when App State beat Michigan. The whole stadium cheered...but it was a pretty dang big victory and the whole state is pretty proud of App State beating a team that is a division up from them.
    Go APP STATE - which I'm proud to call my alma mater! :yea:

Yes Disneykat, it will be interesting to see what happens now that Jake is out of the picture for awhile. I know one thing for sure, they have GOT to figure out how to get Steve Smith the ball, no matter who is taking the snaps. And god bless John Kasey. Gotta love that man!

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post

So in the second half, at UCLA, its Notre Dame's first or second and goal at the UCLA one-yard line or close to it, and the stadium erupts in cheers. Why? The USC - Stanford score.
    This happened at the Duke game when App State beat Michigan. The whole stadium cheered...but it was a pretty dang big victory and the whole state is pretty proud of App State beating a team that is a division up from them.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

The Yankees. I hate them. Why? It's not the organization as a whole. It's the players and their general holier than thou "we're the best thing since sliced bread and you all suck" attitude. I just want to reach through the TV and smack them all upside the head repeatedly. Same goes for their fans. I know not all Yankee fans are obnoxious but the ones that are.... and I'm not a violent person!

Leave a comment:

• steamboatpete
    replied

Here's one of the reasons I dislike UCLA so much.

Last weekend, at the Rose Bowl, Notre Dame is in the middle of one of its worst seasons ever, and is looking like one of the worst teams in Division I, and visits UCLA.

So in the second half, at UCLA, its Notre Dame's first or second and goal at the UCLA one-yard line or close to it, and the stadium erupts in cheers. Why? The USC - Stanford score.

I assure you, a stadium of USC fans might cheer for a UCLA or Notre Dame or LSU loss getting flashed on the scoreboard, but not if the score is flashed when we are about to get our butts whipped by an inferior team in our own house. Certainly not when the other team is 1st and goal or 2nd and goal or anything and goal in our zone.

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

Originally posted by OkiMel View Post
    True, but I still think he's a step up from Weinke. At least we got the win today. Yay!

Okay, there is one college/team I hate with unbridled passion - UNC! Ugh. It's so easy to love a winner (sore, sore, sore winners!), and I watched many friends go to that school and develop a certain attitude. Growing up in ACC country, you either loved them or hated them - I HATE them!
    UNC thinks their poo doesn't stink and their fans are no better than the Yankee, Raider and Michigan fans I have encountered over the years.

We DID get the win, but it was not because Carr had a stellar performance. The Panthers need better QB prospects. Maybe now with Delhomme out for the season, we'll end up with a top draft pick and FINALLY get a QB who can kick some Booty.

Leave a comment:

• Experiment626
    replied

Here are mine:

Dodgers - They traded Piazza when he was the reason I started liking baseball or had any interest in any sport in the first place. They have horrible fans who are just plain awful to the poor guy even though he hasn't been a Dodger for nearly 10 years. Time to let the grudge go!
    Oh yeah, sneakerspray...the Piazza curse will last much longer than after he retires. How long did the Bambino curse last on the Red Sox? 80 something years? That sounds like a pretty good curse time length for me. Dodgers will not win the WS until 2068. :evil:

Yankees - They beat the Mets in the World Series when I was rooting for the Mets because Piazza was on the team.

Red Sox - Because they beat the Angels so badly...

Raiders - Raider fans are as obnoxious as Dodger, Yankee, and Red Sox fans are. :yuck:

USC - I've always rooted for UCLA since I was in junior high.

Leave a comment:

• OkiMel
    replied

Embarrassing. Carolina's loss??? horrible...David Carr sucks as a QB
    True, but I still think he's a step up from Weinke. At least we got the win today. Yay!

Okay, there is one college/team I hate with unbridled passion - UNC! Ugh. It's so easy to love a winner (sore, sore, sore winners!), and I watched many friends go to that school and develop a certain attitude. Growing up in ACC country, you either loved them or hated them - I HATE them!

Leave a comment:

• Xharryb
    replied

Originally posted by splashmountainfreak View Post
    No, I'm talking about the 2004 Finals in which Tampa Bay beat the Flames. Twas most traumatic.
    Not for those of us in the Tampa area.

Leave a comment:

• splashmountainfreak
    replied

Originally posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    You didn't say anything 'bout the Ducks, they have the cup now.
    Ah, I'm not referring to the Ducks or Canes both beating out Canadian teams for the Cup.

No, I'm talking about the 2004 Finals in which Tampa Bay beat the Flames. Twas most traumatic.

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

Charlie needs to go back and learn how to coach football.

Leave a comment:

• steamboatpete
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Actually, the conversation really could go like this:

"Your a Niners Fan"
    "Yes"
    "**** all raider haters"

(hours later)

Am I in the hospital? And why is my 49ers hat shoved up my ***.
    Here's a helpful hint for dealing with Raider fans:

When a Raider fan dumps warm beer on you during a game, there is at least a 50/50 chance that it wasn't really warm beer.

Originally posted by Xharryb View Post
    I've never had any violent confrontations with any fans, but I did have one a few months ago that gave me a good chuckle.
    I once got stabbed in the arm by a Bruin fan who tried to "rescue" a stuffed Bruin that we were barbecuing. I still have the scar.

I favor USC...and that's it. I don't need to say something like "I root for USC and Anyone who plays UCLA, NOTRE DAME, etc etc" It's just stupid IMO...Just root for your team, no need to say the other crap.
    It can be plenty o' fun to root against a rival, too. I'm taking a bit o' pleasure in Notre Dame's struggles right now. I remember when they were almost this bad under Bob Davies and Gerry Faust, and I was kind of rooting for them to win a game, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to think the same now. Charlie is a bit of a jerk, no?

Leave a comment:

• sneakerspray
    replied

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    No they are, just not allowed to win. Until Tommy comes back.

I believe in the Piazza curse. (Due to the raw deal he got under the Fox ownership.) Until he has either won a WS or retired, the Dodgers will not win in Oct.

(Hey come on we can have a curse too!)

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

I don't like the Yankees because...well I have an issue with all the money they spend. I don't know why, I just do.

I don't like the Baltimore Ravens because I am a Bengals fan and you have to hate at least one team in your conference, and I happen to enjoy watching Cleveland and Pitts, so they lost out.

I don't like the Lakers because I am a Clipper fan (ok actually I have no feeling either way unless we are actually playing against them). I do not like PHil Jackson.

Actually I really cant think of any team that I truely dispise. I used to dislike the Cowboys but I love Romo, and hubby is a Raider fan so thats out.

Leave a comment:

• FREQDUDE
    replied

Originally posted by splashmountainfreak View Post
    Tampa Bay: They stole our cup.
    You didn't say anything 'bout the Ducks, they have the cup now.

Leave a comment:

• Xharryb
    replied

I've never had any violent confrontations with any fans, but I did have one a few months ago that gave me a good chuckle. It was just arandom day and I happened to be walking through a store wearing Florida Gators shirt. As I'm walking down the aisle I hear someone from behind me yell "go Buckeyes!" I stopped, turned, saw some punk kid who seemed all proud of hiself, and I just walked away laughing. I was like, " seriously? You're gonna be all proud of yourself for yelling that at me in a freakin grocery store? Didn't we just beat you in the championship games of both football AND basketball in the same year? Foolish child." I didn't feel it was necesary to actuall get into any sort of confrontation with him, I just walked around the rest of the day with a satisfied chuckle of amusement.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X