I don't like the following sports teams because........

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steamboatpete
    replied
    Re: I don't like the following sports teams because........

[quote=DMof2;2209518]SO true! The Yankee fans (especially here on MC) are not rude, obnoxious or nasty towards other teams.quote]

Or ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• steamboatpete
    replied

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
    Some of the things I LOATHE:

"I hate this team that team and I love any team that is playing_______"
    You might then be the only Trojan I know who doesn't favor USC and the opponents of UCLA and Notre Dame as their three favorite college football teams.

Or is it just this week ? ...

Leave a comment:

• FREQDUDE
    replied

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post

Everyone tends to hate the best teams, just the way it is I guess...
    True, it's just a jealousy thing...

I know I'm going to go to Angel hell for this one, but I do admit that the Yanks have some greatly talented players on the team. You can't match most of those guys for their team spirit, Hear that one Bonds?, Or their perseverance. They come up with wins, simply put.

With the soccer balls on your signature, I can assume you have a team or player that just raises the hairs on the back of your neck. Mine is Cobi Jones from the Galaxy, past his prime and how can he run with such a large , swollen head?

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

I've known quite a few rude and obnoxious:

UNC Fans
    Michigan Fans
    Yankee Fans (what about the one in NY who cussed me out because I said "Go Angels" in the subway in May???? Nice)
    Miami fans (like the one who got in my face and danced when their team beat Duke and I had to tell him to dance like that when they beat a real team...everyone knows Duke football sucks lol)
    Raider fans

Not saying I am perfect, but I certainly don't need to say "my team is the best" to prove that I am a true fan. Heck...I'm the first one to criticize my teams......last nights pitching for the Angels??? Terrible.....what was wrong with Lackey??? 4 runs...pshhhh. Oh and USC this past Friday? Embarrassing. Carolina's loss??? horrible...David Carr sucks as a QB

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied

Wow! I can't see hating a team for any reason. I certainly cannot see hating a team by saying their fans are rude and obnoxious. Do you know them all?

This thread is a clear picture of the rude and obnoxious fans.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The anger and the hatred that began in the individual threads for the baseball playoffs, seems to be alive and thriving in this thread now.
    Ridiculous, isn't it? I haven't been in any of the other BB threads (other than the Angels) because I'm not a fan and yet I don't plan on bashing others who happen to be fans of those teams. Doesn't make sense to me. It is a GAME for crying out loud! Why should there be hatred over a game? Yankee bashing seems to have become a national pass time and now there is Angel bashing. What is the point? I don't hate the Yankees but I sure don't want them to win because I'm an Angel fan. As I would expect the Yankee fans to want their team to win yet not hate other teams. (Just using Yankees and Angels as an example - not singling them out for any specific reason).

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

The anger and the hatred that began in the individual threads for the baseball playoffs, seems to be alive and thriving in this thread now.

Leave a comment:

• DarthChris
    replied

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

As my late Grandma and my Grandpa explained When the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles around 1958/59 or so from Brooklyn, Chavez Revine was 'cleared out' of the 'poor people' (to quote Grandparents) and to make way for the Dodgers. My Grandma and Grandpa always had great disdain for the Dodgers from then on......and we were raised to NOT LIKE the Dodgers.....
    Good story, but the City of LA started clearing out the residents 10 years before the Dodgers came to town. They were going to build low income housing on the site. But the project was cancelled and the federal government stipulated the land had to be put to public use. So the city gave it to the Dodgers to build a stadium, which has done a lot of good for the community in general. But I do enjoy a good fairy tale so let's blame the Dodgers. At least they didn't give the residents pox infested blankets, right?

Leave a comment:

• DMof2
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I hate the Seahawks because my husband likes them. :evil: And because of Hasselback...because he's related by marriage to Elizabeth Hasselback. Seriously, those are my real reasons for disliking an entire NFL franchise.

And I hate hate hate hate with a passion: NC STATE!!! Why? Because if you're a UNC Tarheel fan, that's how you roll.
    :lmao: OMG Stink that is too funny about Hasselback!!! I am a NY GIANTS fan and when Elizabeths hubby gets to play I want to hurl :lol: I don't like him for the same reason

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    i don't see why not. The Yankee fans get the same stereotype.
    SOOOOOOOOOOO true!!! SO true! The Yankee fans (especially here on MC) are not rude, obnoxious or nasty towards other teams. There are good and bad fans for EVERY team and you can see that here in the sports zone.

Yankee fans get ripped for being "cocky" Ummm hello- we are not cocky - we are confident!

There is nothing wrong with being confident in your team

My favorite comments on my team is how we "Buy" championships :lmao: That one is a killer!!! We haven't won a WS in 7 years but yet we seem to buy them W/E Majority of our players come from our own farm system - especially our "Dynasty" team of the 90's they were amazing and they were our own!

Everyone tends to hate the best teams, just the way it is I guess...

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied

Only one team I do not care for.

Oakland Raiders
    - It's not so much the team, it's the fans. There are some real head-cases that need to simmer down and realize it is just a game. Some of them have gone as far as death threats or gangster style- retaliation.

Leave a comment:

• mousercise
    replied

Teams I really don't like: Raiders, A's and yankees (their fans are loud, they'll pick fights with people in the stands or they are just there to yell obnoxiously at Jeter)

Really every team has their share of obnoxious fans. I'm an angels fan. I went to an Angels game at Yankee Stadium last year and one Angels fan (some random woman in front of me) was stupid enough to start trash talking to some mean looking Yankees fans behind me, very entertaining. Her husband looked scared and there wasn't much substance behind her talk other than "your fans annoy me when they come to my stadium." Luckily the Angels won :yea:

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

Originally posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    You can't stereotype a team's fans by the few that you know, or have met. 45,000 ( give or take a few thousand that cheer on the opposition) is a much better sampling of that group.
    i don't see why not. The Yankee fans get the same stereotype.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    Try wearing a 49er's jersey to a Raider's game. You just might not make it home!
    Try wearing anyone else's jersey at a Raider game and you asking for trouble.

Leave a comment:

• FREQDUDE
    replied

I'm still having trouble with the logic here. So, I can only know what the fans are like by going to a game? yeah right. I can see how some act right here on the internet and I have had the displeasure if seeing how they act in person.
    You can't stereotype a team's fans by the few that you know, or have met. 45,000 ( give or take a few thousand that cheer on the opposition) is a much better sampling of that group. The Anaheim, you notice that I refuse to say L.A., Angel's fans are really a sedate group. Try wearing a 49er's jersey to a Raider's game. You just might not make it home! We may not like you in a Yank-me's jersey, but we tolerate you without violence.

By the way, I cheer on two teams all season, The Angels, and anybody playing the Yankees.

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    Angels fans are obnoxious? Considering that you've never been to the stadium, that's quite an assumption.
    I'm still having trouble with the logic here. So, I can only know what the fans are like by going to a game? yeah right. I can see how some act right here on the internet and I have had the displeasure if seeing how they act in person.

Emotional discussions are not my favorite.....oh, yeah, some call it passion...w/e...

Leave a comment:

• sneakerspray
    replied

All teams have some "fans" that embarrass the team. I'll defend the Dodgers till the end, but some "fans" just leave me feeling almost ashamed. There are no complete "evil fans" and there are no complete "polite fans" out there for any team. Sometimes all it takes is one jerk. (Or a legion of them... lol)

Leave a comment:

• seafaring_ghost
    replied

Personally i am not a big fan of the white sox.... because they are the eternal rival of the cubs. and the yankees... the biggest bandwagon team money can buy

Leave a comment:

• IndianaJenn
    replied

Angels fans are obnoxious? Considering that you've never been to the stadium, that's quite an assumption.

There are two teams that I don't like playing at Angel Stadium because of their local fans.

1. Red Sox fans tend to be drunk and obnoxious. They come by the busload from LA and have little respect. I've also been to Fenway Park in Boston to see the Angels play and the fans at Fenway are not nearly as bad at the Sox fans that attend games in Anaheim.

2. Yankee fans (in California) tend to be bandwaggoners. I've found many of the Yankee fans that go see the Yankees play in Anaheim have never actually been to New York or to Yankee Stadium and just like the team because they are good every year. They also usually don't know a lot about baseball. I'm sure Yankee fans from the NY area are different that the ones I've encountered in Anaheim.

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    Clearly, you've never been to a Raider game.

I've never met more polite fans at a stadium than at an Angel game.
    clearly...I can only go by the fans I happen across. I have come across quite a few.

I have only been to one baseball game in a stadium. It was the dodgers and I was a pre teen. I was VERY bored and not into baseball at all at the time.

I don't care for the raiders and I was glad they left LA.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

I don't like the angels, mostly because their fans are obnoxious!.
    Clearly, you've never been to a Raider game.

I've never met more polite fans at a stadium than at an Angel game.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X