I don't like the following sports teams because........

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCUBAbe
    replied
    Re: I don't like the following sports teams because........

I don't like the angels, mostly because their fans are obnoxious!

I don't mind the giants, but I really don't; like bonds.

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post

And I hate hate hate hate with a passion: NC STATE!!! Why? Because if you're a UNC Tarheel fan, that's how you roll.
    You forgot to throw Duke in there.....BLECH UNC BLECH

STODD....It's comments like that that will forever keep Americans from being taken seriously in the Soccer world. And seriously...soccer in the US is BORING compared to soccer in Europe. Much more exciting.

Besides, if not for SOCCER and Rugby....Americans wouldn't have football to begin with. American football WAS Rugby until someone decided to throw the ball forward.

Leave a comment:

• sneakerspray
    replied

I love the Dodgers/Chavez Ravine story. I've had the argument presented to me and I ask what they did wrong. :evil:

Leave a comment:

• painted windows
    replied

I hate the Mets and Cubs because they have some of the rudest fans around. In basketball I despise the spurs and the Dallas Mavs. The Lakers rank up there too.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    In my family, we were big 'dislikers' of the Los Angeles Dodgers. I know....probably stepping on a lot of toes saying that, being that we are in the LA area, but it is a disdain implanted in me from my late Grandmother - Grandma Teresa. :lol:

See even Mother Theresa hates the Dodgers.

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

I hate the Seahawks because my husband likes them. :evil: And because of Hasselback...because he's related by marriage to Elizabeth Hasselback. Seriously, those are my real reasons for disliking an entire NFL franchise.

And I hate hate hate hate with a passion: NC STATE!!! Why? Because if you're a UNC Tarheel fan, that's how you roll.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
    I can HONESTLY say that I dislike the fans of teams more than i dislike the team s themselves. If I run into a fan who is doing nothing but trash talking every team and making their team seem like they are the best team ever created....that's it...I'm done. I hate trash talk in general, but sometimes it goes WAY overboard.
    I agree with this statement so much. Way to go.

Well, I love sports, but in my mind, what they are doing is playing a 'game' - because it's a basketball GAME, a baseball GAME, a football GAME, a hockey GAME - to me, key word is GAME. To me, life would go on if these things didn't exist, but they do make life more fun to watch the GAME.

In my family, we were big 'dislikers' of the Los Angeles Dodgers. I know....probably stepping on a lot of toes saying that, being that we are in the LA area, but it is a disdain implanted in me from my late Grandmother - Grandma Teresa.

As my late Grandma and my Grandpa explained When the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles around 1958/59 or so from Brooklyn, Chavez Revine was 'cleared out' of the 'poor people' (to quote Grandparents) and to make way for the Dodgers. My Grandma and Grandpa always had great disdain for the Dodgers from then on......and we were raised to NOT LIKE the Dodgers.....and my Grandma could not stand Tommy Lasorda - she would call him Tommy LaGorda.

I don't have any hate toward the Dodgers - I have been to a few games at Dodger stadium - usually when they are playing the San Francisco Giants - and we are Giants fans....but I can never get myself to ever be a Dodger Fan. I am not a Dodger HATER, but I'm definitely NOT a Dodger fan........and I think if I ever 'changed' and became one, my Grandma Teresa would turn over in her grave - :lol:

Leave a comment:

• SusieP.
    replied

Originally posted by STODD View Post
    Cal is my Alma Mater. Guess what? SC can bite me! Nobody, and I mean nobody, better be a Stanford fan here...

The only other Pac Ten school I have an iota of respect for is UCLA.
    Yay! I didn't actually go to Cal, but it's the school I pretend that I went to, so they are my team. I spent many a weekend going to games there in my college years, so I'm anti-Stanford by default. I can't stand U$C, and my family has a lot of UCLA fans, so that works out just fine.

You can also put me down as a Raiders Hater. Those games are the worst. :yuck:

Leave a comment:

• alphabassetgrrl
    replied

I don't like the Dallas Stars. They moved away from Minneapolis, should have changed the name. Same for the Lakers. Bleh. I guess under that logic the Dodgers should have as well. Whatever.

Don't like the Raiders fans. I guess part of that is the Raiders are one of the gang things here.

I have a sweatshirt that says "My two favorite teams are the Vikings and whoever's playing the Packers". Not that I really have anything against the Packers but it was funny.

Lastly, I don't like the new player on the Anaheim Ducks- Bertuzzi. Dirty nasty player. It's sad because I otherwise enjoy watching 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied

What I am a fan of are the underdogs. Seriously I love when a team who hasn't won or was not expected to wina championship makes it to the playoffs and wins....the Indians, the Tigers last yr......I'm so happy for their fans when they win. Cause I know what that feels like. I'm hoping the Lions give their fans plenty to be proud of this yr. 3-1 already...that's awesome.
    I think your Panther fandom is ok, you have moved there after all. I still haven't figured out the Notre Dame and USC fan thing though..

I'm also all for teams that don't win to win. Like this year's playoffs. I'd be very happy for the Cubs or Rockies to win or even the Phillies, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of them, I do really like the Rockies though, but know nothing about them as a team, so not a fan. It's ok to be happy for another group of fans out there!

Leave a comment:

• STODD
    replied

I can't stand soccer fans. When are they going to realize Americans play the REAL GAME OF FOOTBALL?

I'm a new Dallas fan now that they have TO. I liked TO when he was drafted to the Niner's(lived in SF for 13 years).

I still love my Niner's and hope they can adjust their weaknesses to grab a winning season this year.

When Al Davis is dead, I'll like the raiders again.

Georgia not with the Rams will never bring me back to even liking that team. I grew up in a family that had season tickets to the Rams when they were in the Coliseum and later, the Big A. Moving away from SoCal made them traitors. They are dead to me.

Cal is my Alma Mater. Guess what? SC can bite me! Nobody, and I mean nobody, better be a Stanford fan here...

The only other Pac Ten school I have an iota of respect for is UCLA. I played HS football with Terry Donahue's sons. UCLA drafted heavily from my school and others in the Sunset League. Had I not discovered partying and dope, I probably would have ended up there on a football scholarship. Quite a few guys I played with went to UCLA and ended up in the pros. "I coulda been a contenda!"

I'm indifferent to baseball. I appreciate a few players here and there and I like the Giants. I'm not a fan.

I did grow up an Angels fan, being from OC and all. Pops used to take me to the Big A back when Nolan Ryan was pitching with the Angels. I used to bring my roller skates and would skate around the stadium(in the levels) before they opened the stadium up for the Rams. Anyone else remember that?

Leave a comment:

• sneakerspray
    replied

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
    The Mets are getting a new stadium -
    Fashioned after Ebbets field...

Leave a comment:

• hollywood1939
    replied

Totally agree with you on Mc Nabb.

As for Madrid and Chelsea......real Soccer fans root for Manchester United :evil:
    Der! Go Red Devils! Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world, not Ronaldinho who Chelsea bought for some obsene amount of money.

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

Anders I'm with you on that. I am a fan of the Angels (even when they sucked), The SF 49er's (even though they CURRENTLY suck), Notre Dame, USC (been a fan since 1985, no bandwagoning here) and the Carolina Panthers.

I can honestly say i became a fan of the Panthers when they were in the playoffs and it was quite by accident. It started when the person I was with at the time, who had a bad gambling problem started betting on the Panthers, and of course, when you are doing something like that you start looking into their stats, records, etc. Then I heard/read a story about Jake Delhomme, and it was all over. I was in love.....er, sorta with him. I've been following them ever since (even though my now ex lost a huge chunk of change as a result of that Super Bowl.) SO......yeah I guess you could say I bandwagoned there...but hey...they SUCK right now, and I am still a fan.......

What I am a fan of are the underdogs. Seriously I love when a team who hasn't won or was not expected to wina championship makes it to the playoffs and wins....the Indians, the Tigers last yr......I'm so happy for their fans when they win. Cause I know what that feels like. I'm hoping the Lions give their fans plenty to be proud of this yr. 3-1 already...that's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied

Originally posted by sneakerspray View Post
    NY Mets - Conceded to all the things the Dodgers would not concede, right down to the stadium the Dodgers did not want. I call them the Generic Brooklyn Dodgers.
    The Mets are getting a new stadium -

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied

Originally posted by sneakerspray View Post
    Green Bay - Listening to a broadcast describing a Green Bay game, you half expect Farve to shoot lasers out of his skull during key points. Even if he is getting knocked around it becomes, "Wow that Brett knows how to fall!!!". So its not really Brett as much as it is the announcers... lol.
    Ok, well I hate the Packers, a lot of it has to do with the fans from the mid-90's who were all saying how great the team was and how they've been fans forever. The Packers pretty much sucked for 20 years before Brett Favre and then he came along and "he just has so much fun playing the game". I respect what he's done as an athlete, but I couldn't care less about him or the Packers and am sick of announcers (Madden) saying how great he is.

The Packers are also one of the two main rivals of my favorite team the Vikings so that probably doesn't help.

I can't stand the Lakers. There is a sense of entitlement with the fans of the team and it's really annoying, especially since again in the mid 90's after Magic, Kareem, etc. retired where were the fans? Also, they kept the name Lakers after leaving Minneapolis.

Also this works for USC as well. Not even that long ago, USC was bad in football, Pete Carrol comes along and now we're back to USC being the greatest team ever. I know they have a lot of history, but it's about consistency, if you're going to be a fan, be a fan through the hard times too!

The Dallas Stars. Norm Green Sucks! nothing else needs to be said on that one.

I hate bandwagon fans in general. I know there are tons of actual Red Sox fans out there, but somehow everyone in the world became one in 2004 and ever since. The same goes for the Yankees when they were on their streak.
    I am a fan of the Twins, Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Golden Gophers, Sun Devils and Anteaters. I also like a few other teams out there, namely the Diamondbacks and Suns whom I used to work for, but you can't cheer fully for multiple teams and still consider yourself a true fan of one team.

Leave a comment:

• Xharryb
    replied

I enjoy sports, but I'm not the least bit fanatical about it. So, while there are some teams that I root for, there aren't many that I dislike for any reason.

That being said, as a lifelong Florida Gator, I'm contractually obliged to hate Florida State. It's like in our state constition or something I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I save my sports hated for the Rams. When Georgia Frontierie dies I may root for them. As long as she is breathing, I hope they lose.

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Hi! :wave: Dallas Cowboy's fan here!

Philadelphia Eagles: Donovan McNabb is so overrated he killed it for me with this team.

Real Madrid: Spend so much money, get nothing done.

Chelsea: See Real Madrid.

Totally agree with you on Mc Nabb.

As for Madrid and Chelsea......real Soccer fans root for Manchester United :evil:

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

I was born and (partially) raised in Oakland, CA and have been a fan of the OAKLAND Raiders since the beginning.

No one who knows me would ever guess that I am a Raiders fan. I am totally the opposite of the quintessential Raiders nut job.

That said.. I HATE Raider fans!! We were season ticket holders until we moved to Southern California and toward the end I just dreaded going to games. The fans are nuts! And if the Cowboys are in town, you are taking you life in your hands going to that game. In sanity!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X