• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion Jones Admits to Steriod Use

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071004/...ics_jones_dc_1

Marion Jones admits to steroid use: report

Thu Oct 4, 6:59 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Track champion Marion Jones has admitted using steroids as she prepared for the 2000 Olympics and plans to plead guilty on Friday to two counts of lying about her drug use, the Washington Post reported on Thursday.

Jones, who will also plead guilty to an unrelated financial matter in a New York court, made the admission in a letter she sent to close family and friends, the Post reported.

According to the letter, Jones said she took the steroid known as "the clear" for two years beginning in 1999. Jones won five medals at the 2000 Games in Sydney, including 100m and 200m gold.

The letter was read to The Washington Post by a person who had been given a copy. A person familiar with Jones's legal situation, who requested anonymity, confirmed the relevant facts described in the letter, the newspaper said.

In late 2004 the International Olympic Committee opened an investigation into allegations that Jones used performance-enhancing drugs.

Jones, 31, has previously denied ever using drugs designed to aid her performance.

She said in the letter she faced up to six months in jail for lying to federal agents about her drug use, the Post reported.
    When will they learn... and she was so defiant about it too. Wonder what they finally found on her to prove it to get her to admit to it.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: Marion Jones Admits to Steriod Use

This sort of thing just drives me absolutely NUTS!

I lose all respect for these athletes who are found to have used, or admit that they used, and then benefit from it (like her medals)

Comment

Re: Marion Jones Admits to Steriod Use

I had no doubts she used.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X