This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, how about them Sox?

Not wanting to post in the other thread and further antagonize any Angels fans after their undoubtedly bitter defeats the last two games...

But how about them Sox, and tonight, thank you Manny for being Manny. What a rocket.

(And as having been a Red Sox fan for over 40 years, I ought to be able to enjoy this once in a while, right?)

Are there any other members of RSN on Mice Chat? Sound off!

Re: Uh, how about them Sox?

As an Angel fan of over 40 years, I tip my cap to the Red Sox Nation tonight...they are the better team, and I am devastated by tonight's loss - but it just goes to show that of Big Papi doesn't get you, Manny will.

Technically, the series isn't over, but right now I don't have much hope with Schilling going on Sunday.

I wouldn't have responded here, but I've got to tip my halo to another fan who's rooted for his team for over 40 years.

So Jerry Remy has been named president of the RSN? He played his first seasons in the majors with the Angels.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I only caught the last inning, but they sure looked good. I liked their pitcher. I don't know much about them, but their stadium looked familiar....green monster...right?

Comment

Actually I like the Angel's chances much better against Schilling then to have to face Beckett again. But looking at the situation, I hope we get to face Beckett.

Comment

A lot of Cubs fans want their team to play yours (Red Sox) in this year's World Series. Your chances look a lot better at getting there than we do. However, there's still more baseball to be played, and well.....sometimes, miracles do happen.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Comment

Thank You Curt Schilling! For once more proving my philosophy that age and cunning will always triumph over youth and talent. There may be hope for us old timers yet!

Comment

Wotan, congratulations to you and to the Red Sox Nation. You dominated the series in every way and ran away with the series. My hat is off to you.

Congratulations again!
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Five down, seven more to go...and another great night (but cold!) at Fenway. Keep up the good work, guys.

Comment

Hate to say it (as an Angel fan), but these will be the guys to beat. Sox are tough and good!

Comment

As a member of the Red Sox Nation they look great. But in baseball anything can happen until the last out. We Red Sox Fans know this more than any.

I am so Happy for Cleveland too. Don't let tonights score fool you. This will be a battle of a series. I will be shocked to see it otherwise.

GO RED SOX!!!!
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Sox are in a must win situation now tomorrow night... Down 2-1, then a day off before game 5 with Beckett...

A Cleveland-Colorado series will be a ratings nightmare for MLB. Although they most definately will deserve to be there.

Comment

When we lost game two, I knew we were in trouble; I had little faith in Dice-K winning a big one, and have even less faith, for some reason, in Wakefield knocking them dead tonight. I guess the best we can hope for is for Beckett to win game 5 so at least the series comes back and ends in Boston.

Comment

So it Shall.

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post
                              "When we lost game two, I knew we were in trouble; I had little faith in Dice-K winning a big one, and have even less faith, for some reason, in Wakefield knocking them dead tonight. I guess the best we can hope for is for Beckett to win game 5 so at least the series comes back and ends in Boston."
                              Man are you psychic. Did Dionne Warwick or Miss Cleo ask you for that prediction?

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                                Man are you psychic. Did Dionne Warwick or Miss Cleo ask you for that prediction?
                                No, I've just been a Sox fan longer than most MC'ers have probably been alive...

Beckett delivered; I thought we had a decent chance with Schilling; and I suspected after Dice-K's remorse, we might have a decent chance of him at least holding the line in a Game 7 start.

Now on to Colorado, provided the games there don't get snowed out completly, and we finish the series in April.

Let's go Sox!

Comment

The Red Sox sure played some impressive baseball the last 2 games. Now we shall see just how good the Rockies are, and whether or not the time off has left them limp.

It is painful to be on the losing side of a blowout.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Congrats to the Sox. Well played! ... now I hope the Rockies kick your butts!

Comment

... But don't you know the Sox purposely took the ALCS to 7 gaves to keep the Rockies shivering on a cold moutainside just a little longer?

Comment

meh- we're not worried.

Go Rockies!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X