This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uh, how about them Sox?

i really hope the Sox sweep the Rockies. I am not a huge Sox fan, but i really don't like the Rockies. It's too bad the Dbacks broke down faster than a Windows Vista machine, Sox Vs Dbacks would have been good, and a great opportunity to see Schilling throw again.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Not happy about the outcome, but congrats to the Red Sox.

Comment

The Rockies will have no momentum coming into this series, and have eight days to get ready for this series. I say BoSox in four.

Comment

I think this is going o be a good series but theres no way the Rockies are going to come out swinging against Becket on Wednesday, hes just to good. Red Sox in 6
          :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

RED SOX NATION LIVES!!!

It was a great series with Cleveland. it is so hard when they show the dugout shots of the losing team, and you know they all have worked so hard in a very, long, long season, but there can be only one winner.

And ya gotta love the Indians- THEY SMOKED YANKEE BUTT!!!

BOSTON IN 6.
            -----------------------------------------------
            DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Three More To Go.

Here's hoping Curt can come out firing unhittable strikes tomorrow!

Comment

are they still in play offs or is it the world series now? I'm out of the loop.

Comment

GO SOX!!

Game 1 was great :clap:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    are they still in play offs or is it the world series now? I'm out of the loop.

Tonight was game one here in Boston, Sox won 13-1.

Game 2 in also going to be at Fenway then 3 and 4 in Colorado. If it goes to game 6 and 7 (doubtful) they return to Boston to finish the series.

Comment

It's one game- don't count your winnings yet-

GO ROCKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys View Post
                        It's one game- don't count your winnings yet-
                        Very well stated...my thought exactly. (It is imperative that the Rockies win tonight in in game 2, however, if they are to have a chance to win the Series.)

Up til 1986, the Red Sox were always kinda my second-favorite AL team. I was happy (thrilled, actually) to see them come from 0-3 down against the Yanks and then go on to break their World Series drought.

And I enjoyed last night's ceremony honoring the 40th anniversary of the "impossible dream" squad. That was a great team! And what a pennant race that was, when it was just one league...no divisions yet. My Angels still had a shot until the final week...and it wasn't til they (the Angels) won the second game of a doubleheader in Detroit on the final day, that the Sox were assured the pennant. If you're too young to remember, you might want to do a search and read abut that great pennant race.

And I sometimes wonder why Yaz isn't more prominently mentioned when the great players of our time are discussed. He had a triple crown in the era of the pitcher...and even with all of the hitting we see nowadays, no one else has been able to do it since.
                        Last edited by Radiobarry; 10-25-2007, 04:50 AM.
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                          And I sometimes wonder why Yaz isn't more prominently mentioned when the great players of our time are discussed. He had a triple crown in the era of the pitcher...and even with all of the hitting we see nowadays, no one else has been able to do it since.
                          Yaz was amazing, no doubt about it, and althoug 1967 was the miracle year, he'd go on for a long time afterwards.

The play Manny made against Cleveland throwing out Lofton was a textbook Yaz play; Yaz would also decoy as if the ball was going to hit the wall, then catch it at the last moment and double someone up.

And growing up, nearly every lefthander would at some point imitate his stance at the plate.

Is there anyone else here old enough to remember Yaz Bread?

Comment

Don't forget to get your free taco, Oct 30th 2-5 PM, thanks to Jacoby from the Sox
                            Last edited by Disney Magic; 10-25-2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                              "Don't FORGET to get your free taco, Oct 30th 2-5 PM, thanks to Jacoby from the Sox!"
                              The key word here is "forget".

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                                The key word here is "forget".

That is what i said

Comment

That is what i said
                                  Oh, I forgot.

Comment

Don't forget to get your free taco, Oct 30th 2-5 PM, thanks to Jacoby from the Sox
                                    What did he do to get us free tacos?

Colorado vs. Boston. I could really care less. At least there's tacos thanks to this.

Comment

Taco Bell is giving free tacos for every stolen base in the World Series.

They call it the "Steal a Base Steal a Taco" promo http://www.tacobell.com/

Comment

Two down, two to go...

Another great game. I don't know if this was Schilling's last game in Fenway, but either way, Curt, thanks for all the hard work and thrills you've given us in your time with Boston.

As far as the Taco Bell giveaway go, as far as I'm concerned, you've got to be asking yourself one question: "Do you feel lucky? Well? Do you?" I think I'll pass.

Comment

No thanks. I'll just stay home and make paste like I did back in kindergarten. Much more flavor and nutrition value.

As I said before it was imperative for the Rockies to win game 2 to have any real hope...I stand by that. Th Red Sox are just flat out the best team in baseball in almost every category - and they have been all year long. At least I'll be able to say that my team was eliminated by the World Champion, just like in '04 and '05.
                                          Last edited by Radiobarry; 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM.
                                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X