This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yankee Manager

Now that Joe Torre has officially left the Yanks. Who will take over? The common sense answer is one of two individuals. Don Mattingly or Joe Giraridi. If you have any other names to throw out there lets hear it.
    sigpic- Grumpy

Re: New Yankee Manager

Originally posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    Now that Joe Torre has officially left the Yanks. Who will take over? The common sense answer is one of two individuals. Don Mattingly or Joe Giraridi. If you have any other names to throw out there lets hear it.
    It will be one of those two. To keep the fans from revolting they will go after an ex-yankee to satify the angry mob. I personally think Girardi would be the better choice.

Comment

I've heard Tony LaRussa's named mentioned but I think Joe Girardi would be the best choice.
      I find it hard
      It's hard to find
      Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Ugh-

I'm on team Girardi

Although the next mgr has to be someone they will be willing to can after one year so lord only knows....

was a disaster-
        ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

I would love to see Mattingly (sp?) take it as he was a player and the yankee fans won't crap all over him. But knowing Steinbrenner it could be anyone.

Now what i would like to see is Torre come to Arizona. He could really shape up the young team.
          "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Who knows, but I'm sure they'll blow another 200 million and go nowhere.

Comment

We're lucky Billy Martin, the only baseball player to die while trying to steal home, isn't available.

I hear that the rap against Mattingly is that he has no prior managerial experience. But wouldn't that make him even more pliable to the Boss' wishes? He's going to fire whoever gets the job, anyhow.

Comment

I've thought about it and I know who the Yankees could hire...

M.C. Hammer!

He would be perfect him and Steinbrener have so much in common. They both like baseball and they both can blow 30 Million in a year!
                "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Donald Rumsfeld.

After every game he will give press conferences saying the Yankees Won. 164-0 Regular Season, 11-0 post season. The Lying liberal scoreboard and anti-american umpires and scorers will stand no chance.
                  -----------------------------------------------
                  DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

The newest name to be brought up is Tony Pena. Any thoughts...
                    sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Cross LaRussa off your wish list, Yankees fans. He just signed on for two more years in St. Louis.

Comment

I'm rootin for Girardi to get the job but the Yanks will probably go differently
                        Originally posted by sgtpeper View Post

Now what i would like to see is Torre come to Arizona. He could really shape up the young team.
                        Although I love Torre, Bob Melvin is doing such a good job here I highly doubt this will happen.
                        :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

It'll Be Mattingly.

But then again, i'm a Red Sox Fan...so may I just say one more time this year....

Yuck the Fankees.
                          -----------------------------------------------
                          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Looks like Team Girardi wins :yea:

Rumors have it that Mattingly will follow Torre to his next team...

Pena will be right next to our new "JOE"
                            ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

I like the fact that they brought in Girardi. There will be a larger roster turnover and now most of the managerial staff is gone. I hate the Yankees but this was smart on their behalf to make sure and start with a clean slate for new Joe.
                              sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X