• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <3WillTurner
    replied
    Re: The Sports Complaint Thread

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Most hockey fans will admit that the best way to watch a hockey game is in person. However, since that can get pretty expensive, the next best thing is television.

I remember when my older son was a young boy, he always wanted to watch Hockey and it was always on up against my favorite sitcoms. Most of the time we watched Hockey, and it was exciting.
    Unfortunately i haven't been blessed with the opportunity to watch a game in person. Man do i ever want to though.
    haha that was sweet of you to let him watch what he wanted :lol:
    I love hockey, and when i watch it and get really into a game my mum just rolls her eyes and tells me to keep my voice down :lol:

But it just stinks i have to jump through hoops to get the games of my most favourite team. Then again, i would get hockey like 24/7 how AWESOME would that be? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Most hockey fans will admit that the best way to watch a hockey game is in person. However, since that can get pretty expensive, the next best thing is television.

I remember when my older son was a young boy, he always wanted to watch Hockey and it was always on up against my favorite sitcoms. Most of the time we watched Hockey, and it was exciting.

Leave a comment:

• <3WillTurner
    replied

Chicago Hockey fans are excited that they are going to be able to watch more Blackhawk hockey on television. It was interesting listening to "Rocky", who is the new head of the Blackhawks talking about his team on the radio the other day. My older son is a big hockey fan.
    how fortunate for them. I'm a pretty big fan myself. And it's disappointing to have such a limited... um... well.. limited variety of games. I don't understand why there hasn't been one Flames game!!! Grrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Chicago Hockey fans are excited that they are going to be able to watch more Blackhawk hockey on television. It was interesting listening to "Rocky", who is the new head of the Blackhawks talking about his team on the radio the other day. My older son is a big hockey fan.

Leave a comment:

• <3WillTurner
    replied

My gripe is the limited access to Hockey games in the US. Versus only airs certain ones. And not ONE since the season started has been a Flames game.... do you know how upset this makes me? I need to get Centre Ice but i don't know. It's annoying to have to jump through hoops to reach a game you're passionate about.

Leave a comment:

• Jazzman
    replied

Hmmm... I can't tell if you made a typo or are being facetious...

:unsure:

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy38
    replied

Absolutely! I hate the east coast media and its ridiculous bias towards the west.

Leave a comment:

• Jazzman
    replied

Oh, and if we're complaining, I'll just add four little words.

Stupid East Coast Bias.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• Jazzman
    replied

Originally posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    I hate the NFL in England experiment. When you here them say after the game I cant wait to watch the next match. You say what!? How about the next game. This is not tennis! It's football! The NFL is experimenting with this because Roger Goodell wants to have a Super Bowl in ENGLAND. Which would be detrimental to the American Economy because of how much money is pumped into each city when the Super Bowl visits. Not to mention it would be taking many Americans favortie sport from their own country to place it elsewhere. Let them keep their football or as we call it soccer, while we keep our Football!
    Just wanted to quote this as it bears repeating. Football is ours. Hardly anybody here cares about soccer, just as hardly any Brits care about football. Stop trying to shove certain sports down people's throats and just let it be!

Leave a comment:

• Maverick
    replied

re sign lowell already

Leave a comment:

• hebessica
    replied

I'm a San Diego fan. I'm used to disappointment. I get to complain about pretty much everything. I can't believe they lost to Minnesota! AAAAAAGH!!!!

And don't even get me started on my Padres.
    Last edited by hebessica; 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM. Reason: A little love for the Pad's

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy38
    replied

I hate the NFL in England experiment. When you here them say after the game I cant wait to watch the next match. You say what!? How about the next game. This is not tennis! It's football! The NFL is experimenting with this because Roger Goodell wants to have a Super Bowl in ENGLAND. Which would be detrimental to the American Economy because of how much money is pumped into each city when the Super Bowl visits. Not to mention it would be taking many Americans favortie sport from their own country to place it elsewhere. Let them keep their football or as we call it soccer, while we keep our Football!

Leave a comment:

• sgtpeper
    replied

End Zone Celebrations. Celebrating after everything is stupid, but i don't think you should be penalized. The NFL is trying to placate everybody and it's stupid!

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

So are you saying you like the end-zone celebrations?

I don't mind some of them ... my complaint is the celebrations after every tackle, every catch, every run. Okay, enough already.

Leave a comment:

• sgtpeper
    replied

The Yankees have succeeded where so many else have failed. I don't hate them. I'd like to have their secret formula to all that winning, and I don't necessarily think it's all about money.
    Their secret formula...MONEY!!!

My complaint...hmm there is so much. DH hitter rule in AL only. Penalties for End zone celebrations, not enough fights in the NHL, the consistant pushing of Triple H. I think my biggest complaint has to do with crooked officials in the NBA.

I'm looking right at you Tim Donaghey and David Stern!

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Add another for the Yankees.

Everybody was griping about A-Rod stealing the Red Sox thunder ... but it really was the Yankees and their managerial announcement. All day yesterday I'm watching ESPN and their talking about the Yankees, Yankees, Yankees and that they are a "Dynasty in Transition".

Uhm, didn't the Red Sox just win the World Series the day before??? Uhm, doesn't a "Dynasty" team have to win multiple World Series? When is the last time the Yankees won? 2000. That's 6 years ago. They were a Dynasty in the 90's, no doubt. But not now.

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    And BTW, the LDS games were on TBS, none were on TNT as there were three sweeps out of four.
    I had the wrong "Turner-initiated" network, granted, although to be precise portions of several games were shown on TNT.

What if any thoughts do you have on my other point about the length of games? Four hours for nine-inning games?

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

Up until this year, the weekend games started at around 7:30 PM ET/4:30 PM PT. Games started after 8:30 on weekends this year. I think they should do that when the LCS and World Series are effect.

And BTW, the LDS games were on TBS, none were on TNT as there were three sweeps out of four.

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Okay, I have a couple gripes on sports.
    • Weekend Baseball Post-Season Games. Does anyone remember when LCS and World Series games on Saturday and Sunday nights began at about 7:30 or thereabouts? This year, all the weekend LCS and World Series games began after 8 PM EDT. I say let's go back to 7:45 or earlier for the weekend starts so that newspapers in the East print stories.
    Uh, some of us here remember when all World Series games were played during the day. Stories of sneaking a transistor radio into a classroom, cool teachers that brought a TV into the class.

I was in high school when they played the first night game...in th 71 Pittsburgh-Baltimore series. Starting the next year, all weeknight games were at night...in 83 all games were in"prime time" and the rest is history.

As for when the games start, they try to keep the whole country happy, which really can't be done. Start the games much earlier and you lose the large West Coast markets, stuck on the freeways.

My gripe is not only about how late they start, but how long they take. FOX's commercial breaks are interminable, and a nine inning game lasting well over four hours is just crazy, even to a baseball fan like me. I didn't do any comparisons, but it sure seems like the gamers on TNT were shorter.

The lateness and length of WS games is somethig you need to takew a long look at, Mr. Selig.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

I have another complaint to register whilst I have the board.

College football games are three and a half hour battles now being squeezed into a three hour timeslot. That's like a size 52 body in a size 46 jacket. It doesn't fit.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X