This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talking Baseball: The Hot Stove League Thread

Also, the Brad Lidge era is over in Houston. The Astros trade Brad Lidge and Eric Bruntlett to Philly for outfielder Michael Bourn, right-handed reliever Geoff Geary and Minor League third baseman Michael Costanzo
    sigpic
    Home away from Home.

Comment

Miguel Cabrera is a tremendously talented baseball player. That being said he has had conditioning problems every year reported by Buster Olney last night on ESPN. That being said can you really trust his condition in a city like New York? With all there is to do, eat and drink. Not to mention they Marlins will demand Joba Chamberlin in virtually any deal. The Yankees want him as a replacement, the Marlins will get a better offer from a team who will over pay for him in what they give up, and that team will not be good in the end. Watch for the Angels to make a push for him if they cant land A Rod. They have plenty of young prospects to offer up and the Marlins would be glad to ship him to the other side of the country. The Angels would have finally have some Vlad protection as well.
      sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Angels make perfect sense. You could offer Figgins or Izturis, Ervin Santana and a top prospect for him. You'd be giving 2 major league ready players and a good prospect. That's a deal the Yankees can't offer.

Comment

I think they could offer Izturis and Santana to keep Figgins at the top of the order as long as they offered a prospect with some power. This would allow you to keep Figgins at the lead off spot and hit Howie Kendrick two with Guerrero and Cabrera 3-4 which would be nasty!
          sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

I wonder if Dallas McPhereson still has trade value.

Comment

Not like he did about 3 years ago, that is for certain!
              sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Congratulations to Boston's Dustin Pedroia and Milwaukee's Ryan Braum on winning the AL and NL Rookies of the Year respectively, and to Cleveland's C.C. Sabathia on winning the Junior Circut's Cy Young Award.

Comment

A few moves in the AL Central.

The Tigers trade IF Omar Infante to the Cubs for Jacque Jones.
                  The Twins trade a player to be named later for OF Craig Monroe from the Cubs.
                  sigpic
                  Home away from Home.

Comment

Probably the biggest OF free agent, Torii Hunter, recently met with the Royals. Now don't laugh, but I do believe that we have a slim chance of "whooing" him to Kansas City.

I say slim because he is asking for J.D. Drew type money (5 yrs. for $70), which KC can't contend with.

Whether it's Hunter, or not, we desperatly need a big bat to help out our pathetic offense.
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
                      Probably the biggest OF free agent, Torii Hunter, recently met with the Royals. Now don't laugh, but I do believe that we have a slim chance of "whooing" him to Kansas City.

I say slim because he is asking for J.D. Drew type money (5 yrs. for $70), which KC can't contend with.

Whether it's Hunter, or not, we desperatly need a big bat to help out our pathetic offense.

At least they'll get more games for JD Drew type money lolol
                      Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Wikipedia is reporting that my Philadelphia Phillies will have a new Sunday and Holiday alternate home uniform without the familiar red pinstripes and a blue cap based on those last worn in 1948.

And congratulations to Cleveland's Eric Wedge and Arizona's Bob Melvin on winning their league's Manager of the Year awards.

Comment

And congrats to the Angels Mike Sciosia for tying for a distant second with some guy named Torre, who I heard recently found work in Southern California as well.

Certainly not your average Joe.
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Wan't it like a month ago that I heard that A-Rod was DONE as a Yankee. Now he's close to re-signing with them for $275 million for 10 yrs.

I did find it funny that Scott Boras (Rodriguez's agent) was left out of negotiations, due to his rough relationship with the Steinbrenners. Just another subplot in this soap opera we call Alex Rodriguez's career with the Yankees.
                            sigpic
                            Home away from Home.

Comment

Jake Peavey won the National League Cy Young Award by unamimous vote.

Comment

Barry Bonds got pwned today.
                                Barry Bonds was indicted Thursday for perjury and obstruction of justice, charged with lying when he told a federal grand jury that he did not knowingly use performance-enhancing drugs.
                                http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
                                I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
                                Gas For Car- $60
                                Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

Comment

We're already talking about Bonds' p\/\/ag3 in another thread. (God, I hate LEET).

And here is what the Phillies' proposed new alternate home uniforms (without red pinstripes!) will look like:

Major downgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                                    We're already talking about Bonds' p\/\/ag3 in another thread. (God, I hate LEET).

And here is what the Phillies' proposed new alternate home uniforms (without red pinstripes!) will look like:
                                    Major downgrade.
                                    D'oh! I looked around real quick and didn't see it anywhere else. Not a Phillies fan, but the new uniforms are ugly.
                                    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
                                    Gas For Car- $60
                                    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

Comment

The thread is called "Bonds Indited By Feds". Should be listed on the first sports page.

Comment

BTW, A-Rod re-signs with the Yankees: Ten Years, $275 million with more if he breaks Barry Bonds'* record.

Comment

Ahh Haa!!! at Scott Boras! Kenny Rogers fired Boras as his agent.

Sorry if no one else thinks this is funny, but I for one find it hilarious!
                                          sigpic
                                          Home away from Home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X