This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talking Baseball: The Hot Stove League Thread

I am so glad Rollins won it, Holliday was great but Rollins deserved it as well and in fact more so.
    sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Congrats to Rollins. The NL had the best MVP race. Holliday had a heck of a season too.
      sigpic
      Home away from Home.

Comment

The Mets trade Guillermo Mota to the Brewers for catcher, Johnny Estrada.

What does this mean for Paul Lo Duca?
        sigpic
        Home away from Home.

Comment

The Angels just signed Torii Hunter to a five year deal.

I didn't see that one coming.
          One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
          Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

i had a feeling theyd sign hunter :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post

it kills me to see Torii leave Minnesota, my favorite member of the Twins, but if he had to leave, I can accept him going to the Angels. I can at least see him play more since I live in OC now.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

And that asks where Andruw Jones and more importantly for Phillies fans, Aaron Rowand will land next?

Comment

Yeah, heard about that one on KNX late last night (about 11-20PM)...He can put up some decent numebers, and what a defensive outfield they'll have now. On the surface of it, a good move I think.
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                    it kills me to see Torii leave Minnesota, my favorite member of the Twins, but if he had to leave, I can accept him going to the Angels. I can at least see him play more since I live in OC now.

I hear you, Anders. It must be a tough day for Twins fans. You'll always have the memory of his hugging Barry Bonds after he robbed him of a home run at the All-Star game one year to keep you warm...
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

And once again, a "big market" team grabs a players from a "small market" team. And the repurcussions of Calvin Griffith continues.

Comment

Odd Move. Angels went from Stoneman who never made a move, to someone who makes moves totally out of the blue. Now it's obvious there is a grand plan with this offseason.

With this deal the rumor is Reggie Willits and a pitcher to the O's for Tejada. It doesn't look like the Marlins will budge on asking for the moon for Miguel Cabrera. Dodgers need Cabrera a lot more than the Angels and appear more willing to give up a handful of Blue Chip prospects.

I love the offseason.

Comment

This is a shocker! Torii's top teams were the White Sox, Rangers, or Yankees. The Angels popped out of no where. Congrats to the Angels. Being part Halos' fan myself, I'd rather see Hunter in a Angels uni, then a Red Sox, or Yankee uniform.
                          sigpic
                          Home away from Home.

Comment

Crap. I was hoping that Royals could snare him. Oh well, at least he didnt go the Tigers, Sox or Indians.
                            sigpic
                            When attractions were original

Comment

Royals fans: Any truth to the Royals getting Sheets for DeJesus and Buck?
                              sigpic
                              When attractions were original

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
                                Royals fans: Any truth to the Royals getting Sheets for DeJesus and Buck?
                                We can get Sheets, but it would take more than Buck and DDJ. Probably a pitching prospect.
                                sigpic
                                Home away from Home.

Comment

The Angels way overpaid for Hunter. He's still a great player, but he's not going to be worth over 10 million a year for the length of that contract. But hey, if you can find someone to give you that kind of money, more power to ya.

I know Twins fans in Minnesota are all pissed off, but I actually don't see it as terrible. I would have loved for Torii to be in the opening day lineup at the new ballpark, but wasn't meant to be. It's going to be a newer era for the Twins, hopefully they can keeper Mauer and Morneau happy and we rob someone when we trade Santana this winter. Francisco Liriano should be back this year and we have lots of talent, we just need a few more bats, and I have feeling we'll be getting that via Johan's eventual trade.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

So was the trade for Garland a salary dump to clear budget room for Hunter? Does anyone know the respective salaries?
                                    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                                    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Wow, Joe Kennedy passed away early this morning.

Major league pitcher Joe Kennedy died early Friday morning, a Hillsborough County sheriff's official said. He was 28. Kennedy passed out at home and was brought to a hospital, Hillsborough County sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said. She had no further details.
                                      Here's the full article.http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
                                      I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
                                      Gas For Car- $60
                                      Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDan24 View Post
                                        Wow, Joe Kennedy passed away early this morning.

Here's the full article.http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
                                        Ah man, that's sad. I may have heard wrong, but didn't he have some sort of medical issue? I don't know.
                                        sigpic
                                        Home away from Home.

Comment

And the Cincinnati Reds have signed Francisco Cordova from the Brewers according to ESPN.com and FoxSports.com, pending the physical passing.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X