X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royaldisneyfan
    replied
    Re: Talking Baseball: The Hot Stove League Thread

Kerry Wood signs a one-year deal to stay with the Cubs.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

And the Cincinnati Reds have signed Francisco Cordova from the Brewers according to ESPN.com and FoxSports.com, pending the physical passing.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyDan24 View Post
    Wow, Joe Kennedy passed away early this morning.

Here's the full article.http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    Ah man, that's sad. I may have heard wrong, but didn't he have some sort of medical issue? I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyDan24
    replied

Wow, Joe Kennedy passed away early this morning.

Major league pitcher Joe Kennedy died early Friday morning, a Hillsborough County sheriff's official said. He was 28. Kennedy passed out at home and was brought to a hospital, Hillsborough County sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said. She had no further details.
    Here's the full article.http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Leave a comment:

• steamboatpete
    replied

So was the trade for Garland a salary dump to clear budget room for Hunter? Does anyone know the respective salaries?

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied

The Angels way overpaid for Hunter. He's still a great player, but he's not going to be worth over 10 million a year for the length of that contract. But hey, if you can find someone to give you that kind of money, more power to ya.

I know Twins fans in Minnesota are all pissed off, but I actually don't see it as terrible. I would have loved for Torii to be in the opening day lineup at the new ballpark, but wasn't meant to be. It's going to be a newer era for the Twins, hopefully they can keeper Mauer and Morneau happy and we rob someone when we trade Santana this winter. Francisco Liriano should be back this year and we have lots of talent, we just need a few more bats, and I have feeling we'll be getting that via Johan's eventual trade.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
    Royals fans: Any truth to the Royals getting Sheets for DeJesus and Buck?
    We can get Sheets, but it would take more than Buck and DDJ. Probably a pitching prospect.

Leave a comment:

• SciFi96
    replied

Royals fans: Any truth to the Royals getting Sheets for DeJesus and Buck?

Leave a comment:

• SciFi96
    replied

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    The Angels just signed Torii Hunter to a five year deal.

I didn't see that one coming.
    Crap. I was hoping that Royals could snare him. Oh well, at least he didnt go the Tigers, Sox or Indians.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

This is a shocker! Torii's top teams were the White Sox, Rangers, or Yankees. The Angels popped out of no where. Congrats to the Angels. Being part Halos' fan myself, I'd rather see Hunter in a Angels uni, then a Red Sox, or Yankee uniform.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Odd Move. Angels went from Stoneman who never made a move, to someone who makes moves totally out of the blue. Now it's obvious there is a grand plan with this offseason.

With this deal the rumor is Reggie Willits and a pitcher to the O's for Tejada. It doesn't look like the Marlins will budge on asking for the moon for Miguel Cabrera. Dodgers need Cabrera a lot more than the Angels and appear more willing to give up a handful of Blue Chip prospects.

I love the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

And once again, a "big market" team grabs a players from a "small market" team. And the repurcussions of Calvin Griffith continues.

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by Anders View Post
    it kills me to see Torii leave Minnesota, my favorite member of the Twins, but if he had to leave, I can accept him going to the Angels. I can at least see him play more since I live in OC now.

I hear you, Anders. It must be a tough day for Twins fans. You'll always have the memory of his hugging Barry Bonds after he robbed him of a home run at the All-Star game one year to keep you warm...

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Yeah, heard about that one on KNX late last night (about 11-20PM)...He can put up some decent numebers, and what a defensive outfield they'll have now. On the surface of it, a good move I think.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

And that asks where Andruw Jones and more importantly for Phillies fans, Aaron Rowand will land next?

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied

it kills me to see Torii leave Minnesota, my favorite member of the Twins, but if he had to leave, I can accept him going to the Angels. I can at least see him play more since I live in OC now.

Leave a comment:

• tory_c
    replied

i had a feeling theyd sign hunter :yea:

Leave a comment:

• IndianaJenn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

The Mets trade Guillermo Mota to the Brewers for catcher, Johnny Estrada.

What does this mean for Paul Lo Duca?

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Congrats to Rollins. The NL had the best MVP race. Holliday had a heck of a season too.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X