X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royaldisneyfan
    replied
    Re: Talking Baseball: The Hot Stove League Thread

Anybody hear about the prank the whole Phillies team played on their own pitcher?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKKqPOiJxI

Classic stuff

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Politics unfortunetaly will keep an eye on baseball for sure.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I'm ready for real baseball. When politics become involved in the grand old game, it takes away all of my interest.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

On a brighter note, pitchers and catcher report today! Baseball is ALMOST here!

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

What did everyone think of Brian McNamee and Roger Clemens' hearings today?

How will this end?

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

In other news, Roger Clemens seems to be in hot oil. It will be very interesting to see what his next move will be on Wednesday.
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 02-12-2008, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Did the Seattle trade for Bedard finally go through? The AL West got that much tougher if so.
    Yep. Look out for Seattle, with Hernandez, Bedard, Silva and Washburn with Putz as closer.

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Sorry gang, I've been away from the baseball news the last few days, and from this thread for longer than that.

Did the Seattle trade for Bedard finally go through? The AL West got that much tougher if so.

And did the Angels have a FanFest this year?

Programming note...the Angels flagship radio station is now AM 830, the station bought by Mr. Moreno a couple of years back. Rory Markas and Terry Smith are back, I believe. I like Rory ("just another Halo victory") and Terry is good too. Haven't heard yet if KVTA 1520 here in Ventura is on the network again this year. They'd bump the Angels for the Lakers, high school football, and even infomercials on weekend early games anyway...

Seems to have as good a signal as 710, and perhaps better for Inland Empire fans who used to complain, justifiably, when 710 cut down its power (by FCC reg) at sundown...

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Royals signed former Tiger, Mike Maroth to a minor league deal. He'll be competing for a spot in the rotation. I like this move. No he's not Johan or Bedard, but this is a low risk signing for us.

Leave a comment:

• Neon Cactus
    replied

Originally posted by surfanimal View Post
    AW those went on sale already?! Man, I was hoping to pick up tickets to those games at box value, not overpriced through a broker. I'm not even a dodgers/bosox fan and am psyched to go to these games.
    Keep an eye out for more tickets going on sale. Frank McCourt hasn't ruled out selling the tickets in the center field section, which might put them over the top on the top single game attendance. Seats will be pretty awful, but you'd be there.

Looks like the Bedard trade might actually happen today.

Leave a comment:

• painted windows
    replied

I think its gonna come down to Mets and the D'backs this year, they both have a extremely strong pitching staff. I think the Mets will win the National league even tho I'll be rootin for the D'backs. Their offense is way better than ours

Leave a comment:

• surfanimal
    replied

Originally posted by Neon Cactus View Post
    I loved seeing that the Dodgers sold out the exhibition at the Coliseum against the Red Sox in under an hour. They expect attendance will be 90,000, and those tickets were gone fast.

The east coast media always likes to portray the Red Sox and Yankee fans as die hard fans, while downplaying the fan base of teams like the Dodgers, despite the fact that the Dodgers are consistently 2nd in attendance every year. So now the Dodgers have sold out a game that would fit nearly three games worth of fans at Fenway Park in under an hour.
    AW those went on sale already?! Man, I was hoping to pick up tickets to those games at box value, not overpriced through a broker. I'm not even a dodgers/bosox fan and am psyched to go to these games.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Dang. The Tigers add to their big offseason by signing Curtis Granderson to a five-year deal worth a guaranteed at $30 million with a club option worth for 2013 worth $13 million.

Leave a comment:

• Neon Cactus
    replied

I loved seeing that the Dodgers sold out the exhibition at the Coliseum against the Red Sox in under an hour. They expect attendance will be 90,000, and those tickets were gone fast.

The east coast media always likes to portray the Red Sox and Yankee fans as die hard fans, while downplaying the fan base of teams like the Dodgers, despite the fact that the Dodgers are consistently 2nd in attendance every year. So now the Dodgers have sold out a game that would fit nearly three games worth of fans at Fenway Park in under an hour.

Leave a comment:

• surfanimal
    replied

The Bedard trade is inching closer to completion. As of right now, the stipulation is over Seattle sending guys over to Baltimore for physicals without a written deal.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy38
    replied

Humber will be good, but Santana is Great. I think its hard to pass on the best lefty in the game for any prospect.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    BIG NEWS:

The Johan Santana sweepstakes is over. And the winner is...the New York Mets. The Deal is contingent on Santana agreeing to extension.

Outfielder Carlos Gomez and young pitchers Philip Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Deolis Guerra are appear to be headed to Minnesota.
    :botox: I'm not ready to discuss this trade at this point...give me two years or so and then I can reflect on this one....

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

BIG NEWS:

The Johan Santana sweepstakes is over. And the winner is...the New York Mets. The Deal is contingent on Santana agreeing to extension.

Outfielder Carlos Gomez and young pitchers Philip Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Deolis Guerra are appear to be headed to Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• C-HOX
    replied

I've never been a huge fan of Jones, but it should work out well for both teams. Of course, Angeloes has to approve it, and we all know if it benefits his team he'll probably nix it.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I like the deal for the O's. Bedard has been rumored to be traded for some time now. By getting Jones they got a true Blue Chip Prospect that they were looking for.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X