Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

    I may be the only person posting in this thread, in which case I will use the space to cry about my continued lack of an iPHONE. I want my iPHONE bad enough to consider going to church.. Yikes...

    So, post all things 3G iPHONE.




  • #2
    Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

    My contract already ran out for my current phone I'm holding out for this one. Can't wait!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

      I'm holding out for the 3g iphone too. But then HTC just announced the Touch Pro today. Decisions decisions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

        Bless you both for playing along.



        My brother was telling me that Google is launching a phone, and that it will compete with iPHONE (Like that's possible...) Have you guys heard much about it yet?



        Comment


        • #5
          Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

          The US Patent and Trademark Office published a list of features for the 3G iPhone and the 2.0 Firmware Upgrade for current gen iPhones.

          The good news is the the 2.0 software for current gen iPhones should be out on Monday!!!

          Here's some of the details from the patent:
          • Telephone application (duh)
          • Video Conferencing application (!!!)
          • Email application (mkay)
          • Instant Messaging application (!!!)
          • Blogging application (!!!)
          • Photo management application (old)
          • Digital camera application (have it)
          • Digital Video Camera application (!!!)
          • Web browsing application (uh huh)
          • Digital Music Player application (whoopie)
          • Digital Video Player application (yup)
          • FLASH (!!!)
          • Windows Media (!)

          Not bad! I haven't read through the whole patent, but I don't see any mention of GPS. However, just those new announcements and all the goodness that the SDK will bring is enough to make me sell my current iPhone!

          Check everything out for yourself, here:

          http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/04/...ferencing-mor/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

            Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
            Bless you both for playing along.



            My brother was telling me that Google is launching a phone, and that it will compete with iPHONE (Like that's possible...) Have you guys heard much about it yet?
            The hype about that Gphone is Google's own OS. I don't think it'll be an iPhone killer, but it looks cool.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

              Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
              My brother was telling me that Google is launching a phone, and that it will compete with iPHONE (Like that's possible...) Have you guys heard much about it yet?
              Not really. Google is behind Android, an open source phone OS. And from what has been shown of it so far, it looks really neat.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                Originally posted by mousercise View Post
                I'm holding out for the 3g iphone too. But then HTC just announced the Touch Pro today. Decisions decisions.
                HTC has another phone coming out called the Diamond. From everything I've read, it is supposed to be a REALLY strong phone.

                http://gizmodo.com/search/htc%20diamond
                Be controversial

                Be outspoken

                Be outrageous

                Just don't be boring

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                  Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                  I may be the only person posting in this thread, in which case I will use the space to cry about my continued lack of an iPHONE. I want my iPHONE bad enough to consider going to church.. Yikes...

                  So, post all things 3G iPHONE.
                  I bet you find a reason not to buy it anyways...

                  :evil:
                  Be controversial

                  Be outspoken

                  Be outrageous

                  Just don't be boring

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                    Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                    Not really. Google is behind Android, an open source phone OS. And from what has been shown of it so far, it looks really neat.
                    more info

                    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gphone/go...one-318878.php
                    Be controversial

                    Be outspoken

                    Be outrageous

                    Just don't be boring

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                      I'm waiting to see what the touchscreen Blackberry (codename: Thunder) is going to be like.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                        iPhone + 3G + SDK = Domination

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                          Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                          I bet you find a reason not to buy it anyways...

                          :evil:

                          You sir, are pure evil.


                          I am so in, I will buy it even if I read that it will cause my wang to fall off. I have my fast internet ready at home, and I received an award at work, which gave me a $300 check.

                          I wonder when I can buy one? I thought it would be any time now, but I dunno.



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                            Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
                            iPhone + 3G + SDK = Domination

                            Can you help me understand what SDK is, and how it is cool?



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: iPHONE 3G Thread (For the love of God, hurry up and get here)

                              Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                              HTC has another phone coming out called the Diamond. From everything I've read, it is supposed to be a REALLY strong phone.

                              http://gizmodo.com/search/htc%20diamond
                              Yeah I've been drooling over the pictures of it and the pro (I think it's the same thing but with a full qwerty?). Ooooh thanks for the link says the diamond is on sale already in Europe and Asia. $780 for an unlocked one yikes. I'll wait.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X