Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Gee, Steve Jobs, What Do You Want to Do Today?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, Steve Jobs, What Do You Want to Do Today?

"The same thing we do every day. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!"

At today's opening keynote (less than an hour away) at Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference in San Francisco, CEO Steve Jobs is expected to announce details about the next version of the iPhone, which could be available by month's end. Among the anticipated new features (widely speculated over the last few months) are faster connectivity (over 3G networks), a GPS system, video conferencing and greater functionality with business e-mail--all at a price lower than the original iPhone. It's also expected to cure cancer, bring world peace and make a delicious creme brulee.

Tech sites Engadget and Gizmodo are providing live coverage of Jobs' keynote, which starts at 10:00 a.m. on the west coast.

What are your thoughts about the new iPhone? Do you want one? Do you care? If you're a current iPhone user, do you intend to upgrade? Is the iPhone the real deal, or just a lot of hype? Please discuss.
    Hell yeah! I've been waiting forever. GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!
    8.70%
    I'm a current iPhone user and can't wait for the new one.
    13.04%
    I'm a current iPhone user and I'm happy with what I have.
    8.70%
    I use a different brand of mobile phone but will switch to the iPhone as soon as I can.
    17.39%
    I'm chained to my current carrier, so I can't make the switch yet.
    13.04%
    I like the phone I have right now. Apple doesn't impress me.
    26.09%
    Meh. I can do better with two paper cups and a long piece of string.
    4.35%
    Who's Steve Jobs?
    8.70%
    Last edited by disneytim; 06-09-2008, 09:36 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Gee, Steve Jobs, What Do You Want to Do Today?

So far, Jobs has been talking about the iPhone's new enterprise features for business including push e-mail, push contacts and push calender.

He's getting technical now, discussing iPhone's software development kit and how developers can create third party apps.

Comment

I use a different brand of mobile phone but will switch to the iPhone as soon as I can.

I'm chained to my current carrier, so I can't make the switch yet.

Comment

Disney has received several mentions, having helped test the enterprise features and the SDK. No surprise there.

Comment

Engadget is raving about the quality of iPhone's graphics, comparing them to the Nintendo DS.

eBay has developed a custom auction application for the iPhone.

Introducing a social networking service called Loopt that enables you to locate your friends on a map and instantly get directions to where they are. It appears to be a great stalking tool.

There will be a blogging tool called TypePad that can post text and pictures.

Comment

More third party apps: AP newsfeeds, live score updates and video clips from Major League Baseball. Also an app to compose your own music and different apps to educate and assist doctors and medical students.

Comment

While the iPhone does have a lot of nice features, no amount of new additions would get me to buy one. I just don't need to be THAT connected to everything in my life. I'm good with what I've got, and when I was about to purchase a new phone I considered it ... but realize that I don't go online, nor use the other applications it offered often enough to justify my purchase of it.

Comment

Support for MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Bulk delete/move, parental controls and filtering.

iPhone 2.0 software will be available for existing iPhone (free) and iPod Touch ($9.95) users in July .

Comment

Oh man! 2.0 update in early July! That's sooooo far!!!!!

Comment

New feature called MobileMe (me.com) allows you to store/update e-mail, contact and calendar information and have it automatically sync with your Mac, PC and iPhone.

MobileMe will cost $99/year and will replace .Mac. It will offer a 60-day free trial.
                    Last edited by disneytim; 06-09-2008, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                      While the iPhone does have a lot of nice features, no amount of new additions would get me to buy one. I just don't need to be THAT connected to everything in my life. I'm good with what I've got, and when I was about to purchase a new phone I considered it ... but realize that I don't go online, nor use the other applications it offered often enough to justify my purchase of it.
                      Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                      I've always hated it when people said that. How do you know what you won't use if you've never had the opportunity to use it?

My first PDA phone was a Blackberry, and I always thought I'd never need one as I don't send a lot of emails, I don't make a lot of phones, or send text messages or IMs. Within a month, I couldn't see how I lived life before it.

You're saying you don't go online when you have over 8,000 posts on a Disney message board?

hmm.

Comment

And now the moment you've been waiting for . . . . . iPhone 3G.

Jobs: "Black back. Thinner at the edges. Full plastic back, it's really nice."

Greater battery life:

Standby - 300 hours
                        2G talk - 10 hours
                        3G talk - 5 hours
                        Internet browsing - 5-6 hours
                        Video - 7 hours
                        Audio - 24 hours
                        Last edited by disneytim; 06-09-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

iPhone 3G will have GPS.

Worldwide rollout date: JULY 11TH

Prices are coming down . . .

8GB model: $199
                          16GB model: $299

The 16GB will also be available in white.

Comment

Well, I know what I'm getting the next time I'm eligible for an upgrade (November, I think).

8gigs won't be enough storage to put all the same stuff on the iPhone as my current 30gig Zune, but for all the added functionality I'll work it out. I mostly only use the Zune for podcasts anyway. Plenty of space for that on an 8 gig iPhone.

So much for that GPS I bought myself for Father's Day.
                            Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

Im already in line.
                              "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X