Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Antivirus 360 and internet access

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antivirus 360 and internet access

One of the computers where I work has been infected by Antivirus 360. I have been able to remove all of its files from the system and the working virus scans find nothing. Despite this, the internet is still blocked. Whenever I try to run Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox 3 they crash immediately.

Re: Antivirus 360 and internet access

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    One of the computers where I work has been infected by Antivirus 360. I have been able to remove all of its files from the system and the working virus scans find nothing. Despite this, the internet is still blocked. Whenever I try to run Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox 3 they crash immediately.
    Is there a restore point from before the infection?

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Windows claims there is, but every time I try to use one it either freezes up restarting or I get a message saying it is not a valid restore point.

I'm think what I need is a removal/repair program that I can run from a USB drive or boot from a CD. It seems to be somewhat new, and I am unable to install new or upgrade existing antivirus software. This would include Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, which seems to be the most recommended remedy.

Comment

Yes, it sounds like COM and/or registry entries have been altered. A removal/repair from bootable media seems a logical step.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X