• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Internet Provider

Who is it?

How much are you paying?

How's the quality?

How's the customer service when you need it?

I'm shopping around for a new ISP, yes.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Re: Your Internet Provider

Cox Cable. About $20 a month (bundle with digital TV) for Hi-speed, but not the highest speed. No complaints about the customer service. We have Cox internet at work too, and works beautifully.

Comment

Comcast bundled: High Speed Internet,Cable TV w/ premium channels, 2ea HD-DVR boxes and land line telephone for $150/month.

Everything seems to be running smoothly.

Customer Service is very good.
      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
        Cox Cable. About $20 a month (bundle with digital TV) for Hi-speed, but not the highest speed. No complaints about the customer service. We have Cox internet at work too, and works beautifully.
        this sounds pretty good. I'll have to see if this area is served by Cox though.

EDIT: Arg! Cox not available in my area. Thanks though, Princess. Next?
        Last edited by Ortizmo2000; 03-15-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Time Warner. Bundled with Digital TV and a single DVR for $100 a month. 6.5M download / 512K upload. Works great!

Comment

Guess I should clarify. I'm really looking for just internet. No land-line/TV bundles. I just want decent internet for a reasonable price. Anyone just using a nice simple ISP?

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
              Guess I should clarify. I'm really looking for just internet. No land-line/TV bundles. I just want decent internet for a reasonable price. Anyone just using a nice simple ISP?
              Now you're in trouble. Cable companies and AT&T U-verse are bundle-maniacs. My mom can't get DSL at her house but she can get bundles from Time Warner and AT&T U-verse. And she's got very bad dialup which could use an upgrade. But straight DSL: nope.

I've got AT&T's $20 a month plain old DSL. The router was $50. It's advertised as 768K down max, 384K guaranteed (at least that's how it used to be sold) but mine is actually capped at 640K down and 384K up. I don't know about service because I installed in myself and have never had a problem with it after using it for a couple of years. I think at $25 a month they double the speed. I was paying $15 a month for dialup at 48K so stepping up to $20 a month for DSL at 640K was definitely worth it.

I'm 7000 feet from the central office which I think is about midrange in terms of distance. That distance can be a big deal when you're looking at DSL. If you're too far away from the phone company's central office then DSL can be more trouble and you have to look at other options. I think that's why DSL isn't available in my mom's neighborhood.

Comment

DSL Elite from ATT, 6Mbit, $34.99/Month tops. I get excellent service and quite often my downloads are faster than my neighbor with the Ultrasuperblazingfast Comcast package.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I'm with a local DSL provider in my area.

Comment

Last edited by Ortizmo2000; 03-15-2009, 03:48 PM. Reason: somehow duplicated the post. ???

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                      DSL Elite from ATT, 6Mbit, $34.99/Month tops. I get excellent service and quite often my downloads are faster than my neighbor with the Ultrasuperblazingfast Comcast package.
                      I like this idea, specially without the bundling. All I want is a nice service with no bells and whisles.

I postively DO NOT care about cable TV anymore. I barely watch it as it is because everything I wanna watch it online anyway so I see myself canceling that very soon anyway.

Comment

the guy downstairs gave us access to his network. $0. We're networking three condos together to create a huge media network.
                        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Road Runner via Bright House Networks. It's part of a bundle with digital cable/DVR (HD is free and I get free basic cable through my complex). My bill is around $59 a month. I've had Road Runner for almost 10 years and I love it. A couple years ago when I finally got a laptop, I bought my own wireless router and set up my own (secured/encrypted) wifi network.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X