This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes tiered pricing goes live April 7

Apple has figured out a way to gouge the consumer again. New tiered pricing goes into effect on April 7. Popular songs will now go for $1.29 each, with the rest going for $.99 and $.69.

ITunes: iTunes "Popular Songs Cost More Money" Pricing Goes Live April 7

Here is a link to Amazon's music store.

Music costs less, is DRM free and they are always having sales on albums as well as offering free music. You download a small helper app and it even loads the music straight into iTunes for you.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Re: iTunes tiered pricing goes live April 7

This has been forced onto Apple by the record companies, they have long wanted a tiered pricing structure and Apple has resisted until now. But with the iTouch applications selling ap's for whatever price point has been assigned, the record labels complained even lounder.

I suspect that If it ruins the successful business model already established of one price point, they can always return to the 99 cent price point.

I honestly think that the record companies expect this to fail, but it's a loss they are willing to take, to push more consumers to other sites (Amazon, [the laughable]Zune, ect.) to wrench some power away from iTunes.

Comment

iTunes sucks.

the end.
      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

iTunes may suck, but it's the only successful digital business model the Record Labels have been able to rely on, and have hated that.

iTunes charges $.99 per track when they are competing with FREE on the internet. And so far have done well, though by their own admission only 3% of music on any given iPod is purchased from the iTunes Music Store. I suspect the new price structure will fail,and the labels will blame Apple. Considering the low overhead for digital delivery of music, the price structure could be lowered to $. 49 (or less), and everybody could still make money.

Comment

Just one more reason I prefer Rhapsody.
          Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Comment

I doubt the songs you want will actually be less than $.99. Classic evergreen tunes, and I'm sure rare sought after tunes will not drop in price.

Comment

Comment

I have a lot of stuff that isn't available at iTunes, but I still think that the songs at $.69 will be songs that nobody have ever heard of, struggling independent artists, and songs so bad that you wonder 'What were they thinking!?' I suspect most songs will go to $1.29

Comment

Gizmodo - iTunes Tiered Pricing Goes Live, We Get Gently Screwed - Itunes tiered pricing

Gizmodo was not able to find a single .69 song on their own. iTunes now has a link to go to there offerings though. I'll have to check once I get home to see what they're offering.
                    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

It's going to be harder to compete with 'free'. Thank you RIAA, you just screwed yourself harder than a drunken tourist in Hamburgs cabaret district

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X