This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Iphone 3G S announced!!!

This just in from apple and the WWDC, a brand new Iphone will be hitting shelves on June 18th! As a first gen Iphone owner I am very glad I was patient when 3G was released, check out all the features at Apple - iPhone - Mobile phone, iPod, and Internet device.

your thoughts?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Re: New Iphone 3G S announced!!!

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    This just in from apple and the WWDC, a brand new Iphone will be hitting shelves on June 18th! As a first gen Iphone owner I am very glad I was patient when 3G was released, check out all the features at Apple - iPhone - Mobile phone, iPod, and Internet device.

your thoughts?
    Exactly my thinking as well. I'm also a first gen owner (contract expires in a few weeks), and I'm soooo glad I waited on upgrading to 3G.

The new 3Gs iPhone blows away my first gen by a mile.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

I've been holding out for 2 years for this. Everything that I wanted in an iPhone and more! I'm already planning on getting the 32GB version. I told the BF that's what I want for my birthday and I know he'll deliver (because he likes to spoil me).

:yea:

Comment

I have an iPhone 3G and am well pissed about the upgrade pricing. Lame.
        "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
          Yah, but who knows... maybe it'll only be a year before you upgrade to the iPhone 4G: Ultimate Happy Experience.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

aw God i have an iPhone now.. and its cost expensive... now they have released a new one? i might wait for the 4G then..
            just do what you think...

Comment

Cheaper hardware but the OS still can not multitask (run two programs at the same time). I am going to wait and see the Palm when it comes out.
              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I'm glad I waited to buy my MacBook...come Friday, the 13" MacBook Pro will be mine!
                Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                  Yah, but who knows... maybe it'll only be a year before you upgrade to the iPhone 4G: Ultimate Happy Experience.
                  I was thinking the same thing. 4G LTE is just around the corner, so to release this model now seems like another Apple gimmick to get a quick selling spree before the big guns are released for 4G speeds and capabilities. The iPhone 3G (with software 3.0) is like version 2.0 while the 3G S is more like 2.5. I say for anyone with a standard iPhone 3G there shouldn't really be a need to upgrade unless the video capabilities is a MUST... or the compass.

On the contrary, if anyone was planning on getting an iPhone this is a great thing, to have a better version at the same price; for anyone who couldn't afford one before now can with the $99 standard 3G version (assuming they can somehow afford the cost of the payments). It is smart to continue to sell the older version at a lower cost, in my opinion. They should have done that with the 2.5G Edge version, but was most likely not possible due to manufacturing costs at the time.

However, as for me, I am pretty much not making anymore major mobile phone purchases until LTE is released.

Comment

I have been looking at the iPhone for quite a while now. However it isn't the cost of the actual phone that has kept me from purchasing one, it is the cell phone, and internet plans that I would have to purchase from AT&T that has kept me from switching over from my present carrier, which is T-Mobile. Maybe in 2 years when my present contract is up, I will consider a switch to an iPhone. Maybe I can justify the cost by then.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

The iPhone data plan is about the same as what I currently pay for my Blackberry plan (I get unlimited data, emails & texts), so my phone bill shouldn't change too much when I make the switch later this summer.

Comment

throw on another $20 on top of the $30 for unlimited texting.
                        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
                          Such is the life of cell phones. Those who want the latest always end up paying non-subsidized pricing aka.. full price. New models come out all the time, it's up to you if you want to wait for a subsidize price or not.

Originally posted by MagicWDI View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing. 4G LTE is just around the corner, so to release this model now seems like another Apple gimmick to get a quick selling spree before the big guns are released for 4G speeds and capabilities.
                          4G rollouts are going to be even more sporadic and less organized then even 3G was (for which the US was woefully behind). This isn't as much an Apple gimmick as it is simply the product cycles in the mobile handset market. They are insanely short compared to computers.

The $99 handsets are going to flow like crazy. Question is Apple going to keep producing them, or just sell out inventory...

Comment

will these phones have a contract and for the internet?

Comment

I really want a 3GS. However, I'm not willing to pay an extra $200 to get it (I'm still under a 2 year contract on my current 3G). The new 3.0 software should make my current phone the device I've always wanted. But I'll still miss out on the video, and built in compass of the new phone.

Like others here, it might be worth it for me to just make due until the LTE version of the iPhone comes out in the next year or so (even if that means switching away from AT&T).

-Dusty
                              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X