This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Webmaster??

Any idea what company or who does Walt Disney's website.. do they do it in house or out-sourse it....

(I have been learning and considering getting a degree somewhat with it and always wondered who does the companies sites....)
    Last edited by figment1986; 02-22-2005, 06:44 PM. Reason: Comment on my spelling abilities

Originally posted by figment1986
    Any idea who does WDW's website.. do they d it inhouse or outscorse it.... (I have been learning and considdering getting a degre somewhat with it and always wondered who does disney's site....)
    Sanitized (somewhat) for my poor eyes...

Any idea who does WDW's website? Do they do it in-house, or outsource it? (I have been learning and considering getting a degree in website development, and always wondered who does Disney's site...)
    The first thing you have to do is work on your spelling and grammar. Use the "Preview Post" button, then go back and proofread what you typed before you submit it. It helps to read it out loud - if it sounds dumb as you read it, that sentence probably needs to be reworded.

And with sloppy typing people reading the text can figure out what you meant - but computer program code written like that is going to 'crash and burn' repeatedly, every single time you try running it, until you root out all the typos and misspellings of commands and variables. Even a space in the wrong place can be critical.

"A computer always does exactly what you tell it to do, even if what you said isn't what you meant."

As to your question, they almost certainly have someone doing the work in-house. Coding a webpage isn't that difficult if you have the content and the graphics artwork (especially with the many high-powered WYSIWYG page building packages out there) but getting it to look right in various browsers is the hard part. And when you have to leave the editing program and hand-code something it can be very tricky.

You can always look at the raw code for someone else's page to see how they did it, what commands and what order they used - but then they have the right to complain about it (or worse) if you just flat-out copy a chunk of their code, and they find out.

The whole idea of HTML was to be a uniform set of tools, or building blocks, for you to assemble a page with. Though how the people who wrote nifty bits of code got the right to PATENT and LICENSE those coding tricks is a travesty, the courts have decided to create new law through creative rulings on things like that.

Like Amazon.com's "patent" on 'one-click checkout' - and then sending everybody else who did the same thing a cease-and-desist order and a licensing agreement for "use of their patented code" in the same envelope...
    (I never did hear what the final outcome was on that one.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

There.. spelling & grammor fixed.... (I was typing fast... I was working on this & a webmaster assignment at the same time....)

I know to always vaildate the webpage & validate the CSS.. Besides we are humans and always make mistakes.I also know that anything a human inputs into a computer is the umans falt... (I take a course which is treated like a college course.)

Comment

There.. spelling & grammor fixed.... (I was typing fast... I was working on this & a webmaster assignment at the same time....)

I know to always vaildate the webpage & validate the CSS.. Besides we are humans and always make mistakes.I also know that anything a human inputs into a computer is the umans falt... (I take a course which is treated like a college course.)
        Besides the grammatical lesson, which was WAAAAAY over the top, :confused: what site are you referring to. What is the URL in question?
        "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X