• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple's OS X Snow Leopard - August 28

Apple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard - The world?s most advanced OS

You can upgrade from OS X Leopard to Snow Leopard for just $29

Anyone upgrading?

The only problem that's keeping me from upgrading is whether or not Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is going to be compatible with it. That might be a stupid concern, but this is my first Mac OS upgrade and having fallen for the Vista update which pretty much screwed up my old computer, I'm taking precaution this time around.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Re: Apple's OS X Snow Leopard - August 28

It should be arriving at my front door in about 8 hours. So can't wait!

Micenation

Comment

I upgraded yesterday. Its not a whole lot that is readily noticeable, things are running more smoothly, notable Safari and my wireless connection.

Comment

I've always been of the mind that I never upgrade as soon as something comes out. I give it a few weeks just in case there might be some bugs they missed. And I always have this fear that after an upgrade it will mess something up and I'll have to go backward. Just my own personal tech paranoia. (Still running 10.5.8).

But even I was surprized at the $29 price tag. For a next step OS program, and esp. for Apple thats pretty darn cheap in my opinion.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

And here's one of the reasons I try to wait...

Snow Leopard ships with vulnerable Flash Player | Zero Day | ZDNet.com

Regretful upgrade: Snow Leopard incompatibilities | Tech News on ZDNet

Snow Leopard: What's the hurry to upgrade? | The Apple Core | ZDNet.com

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
            But even I was surprized at the $29 price tag. For a next step OS program, and esp. for Apple thats pretty darn cheap in my opinion.
            Seeing as the biggest change is the removal of the PowerPC half of the OS, its not a whole lot that is new besides the extra space. I think it being a whole "new" version is a bit much. The Family Pack is a real deal though, as it works out to about $10 per computer.

Comment

I got 15 GB of space back on my hard drive, and I got the upgrade for only 10 bucks. I love it so far!
              Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

I upgraded on Wednesday to the snow leopard. Nothing hugely noticeable; but things seem to move quicker.
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

The only downside I have had was the loss of Safari Add-ons like saft, pith helmet and stand. I hear if your force Safari in 32-bit mode then you can get some of them to work. I didn't have such luck. So I found a great ad blocker at least that works with Safari and you can stay in 64 bit mode. Its called Glimmer Blocker. It blocks ads from your actually internet connection and not just from safari. So this will actually block ads with any browser. Its a System Preference Pane tool. Works great.

Im also a bit disappointed in Quicktime X. Be sure to install quicktime 7 is you enjoy more advanced editing cause they striped out some things in X like custom export options, track editing, copy and paste options. there's not even a preferences!

Micenation

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X