This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Screen Question

I think the screen on my laptop is starting to go. Around the edges it's turning this weird kind of off-white color (it's hard to describe) and it's starting to move inwards a little. Does that mean the screen is getting hinky? My laptop is only a couple years old, so I'm kind of surprised it's doing something like this already.

Re: Laptop Screen Question

No one has any idea?

Comment

Not from me. I've totally never seen a problem like that. Is this when the computer is on or off?

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I'll ask the spousal unit when he gets home. In the meantime, you might want to make sure all your drivers are updated, in case it's a fault with the software. Have you tried emailing or calling the manufacturer's customer support?

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
          Not from me. I've totally never seen a problem like that. Is this when the computer is on or off?
          It's when its on.

Ok I managed to get a pic with my iPhone. Look along the edge of the screen, see where it's darker? That's what I mean.

Last edited by aimster; 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

No ideas?

Comment

Baffled.

Do you live in a very humid environment? Could it be moisture seeping in through an old and insecure seal around the edge of the panel?

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I live in Florida.

But I've never seen this on any other laptop or LCD computer monitor I've encountered.

Comment

I haven't had any problems with our laptop, and it's about 4 years old and has traveled all over the place ... from Florida to the Philippines. And constant use by our 13 y/o.

Did you get the extended warranty on it? I know when we got ours we got a warranty that covers the screen for 5 years. Although, now that COMPUSA is gone, not sure what we would do if something happened now.

Comment

Whether or not it is dampness or not that has seeped in, there is definitely a seal that is either broken or cracked. I think what you are seeing is what's called "bleeding" and that happens when a light source become unfocused. This could be due to the containment becoming unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                      now that COMPUSA is gone, not sure what we would do if something happened now.
                      We still have CompUSA here in Florida. They recently remodeled the store up the road from me. Much more organized and easier to find things now.

And I hardly ever get the extended warranty on anything. I've never had the need for it really.

Originally posted by NatdRat View Post
                      Whether or not it is dampness or not that has seeped in, there is definitely a seal that is either broken or cracked. I think what you are seeing is what's called "bleeding" and that happens when a light source become unfocused. This could be due to the containment becoming unstable.
                      My laptop stays pretty much stationary on my coffee table. I keep it in my living room so I'm not always confined to the spare bedroom when I want to use a computer. It has not left the coffee table in at least 6 months, so it hasn't been banged around from carrying it or anything. My cat did knock it off the table once earlier this year... maybe that's what caused it. My cat owes me a laptop!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X