Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

DVD repair kit

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD repair kit

Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a real good DVD repair/cleaner kit. I rent movies from Netflix and about 5%-10% of them have scratches or are dirty and don't play well on any of my DVD players (XBOX 360, PS2, Surround sound player or computers). Plus I own a few DVD's that have seen better days.

I checked with both Amazon and Best Buy online and they have quite a few in various price ranges and little or no reviews.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Re: DVD repair kit

Well since you have a 360, I am going to assume you also have a Gold account. If you do you can just stream the movies through your 360 for 9 bucks a month.

My friend has used the Skip Doctor a few times and liked it.

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Not all netflix movies can be streamed. The amount is getting bigger, but not all Netflix movies can be streamed.
      "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

I bought a set if microfiber cloths at Walmart that work wonders on cleaning DVD discs, as well as eyeglasses. They were $4.99 for a pack of 5. I found them in the automotive section with the supplies for cleaning windshields.

Comment

All you have to do is buff out the clear side so the laser can see through it. The "Skip Doctor" Style buffers do a good job on the mechanical end of it

But if you need it often and the refills for it are too much (and I'm betting they are...) I would try the buffing compound for the Polycarbonate composite headlights on your car - same material. Even then, you might have to buy the "Professional Size" pint or quart to get a decent deal.

One constant of the universe: the smaller the package, the more each unit costs per ounce of product. Because the actual polishing compound product might cost them 5 cents in bulk, but the packaging costs them $5 a unit in small quantities.

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X