This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Vs. PC: Which do you prefer?

There are always those people who are avid mac users and there are also those who say pcs are the best kind of computer in the world.

Now which are you?

(Please be nice. This is to see everyone's views on the different computers, not hate on people who don't have the same preferances.)

I, personally, will always choose a PC over a Mac. I just like the setup a lot more in a PC. I grew up using a PC and everything just works better for me. It's easy to find what I need to find and when I put files into folders it keeps them organized.(and all aligned evenly so I don't have to go OCD on the files all the time like I have to do with my files on the Mac I have to use at school during photo). AND they cost a lot less than a Mac that you can get with the same simlar specs. I'm sorry but macs are over priced in my opinion. I know how to use a Mac, but I still prefer PC.
    Mac
    63.41%
    PC
    34.15%
    Other
    2.44%
    Sing like no one is Listening
    Dance like no one is Watching
    Smile like you're at Disneyland
    Live like there is no Tomorrow
    The End

Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish that I wish tonight. I'll make a wish and do as Dreamers do. And all our wishes will come true. <3

It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland...
    <3

Re: Mac Vs. PC: Which do you prefer?

Pc,

Comment

I own both - but I'm definitely a PC.

PS. I also added a poll to this thread.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

I have a Mac desktop and a PC laptop.

I prefer my Mac because its more streamlined and easier to use.
        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Personally I prefer a Mac, but I have no problem working with PCs. The Mac may be more expensive at first, but my six year old Mac is still sprightly. Since it's a tower, I've been able to install upgrades over the years, and they all worked. Try that with a PC of that age.
          Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
          2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
          2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
          sigpic

Comment

Mac. But I am fluent, so to say, in both.

sigpic

Comment

I'm a Mac. Mac computers seem to be more user friendly and simpler to operate. I took a multimedia basics class in 11th grade and we used a pc, I never understood how to really work it...everything seemed to be work work than it was worth.
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I've been using a Mac since late 2005.

Originally posted by animekiti4christ View Post
                It's easy to find what I need to find and when I put files into folders it keeps them organized.(and all aligned evenly so I don't have to go OCD on the files all the time like I have to do with my files on the Mac I have to use at school during photo).
                I drop a file in a folder and it is organized alphabetically. All the files are small icons arranged in neat rows. All of this is done automatically by the computer. The settings on how files are displayed can be toggled in both Windows and Mac OS X. Just edit the View Options of Finder to Arrange By: Snap to Grid, Name, Date Modified, Date Created, Size, Kind or Label.

Comment

I use and own PCs for work and at home. I have built PCs since I was about 12. I have used Macs and will always say that they have their purpose and place, just as PCs do. Both have their faults (believe it or not, both do have faults). I also use several flavors of Linux for work (and it has its own special faults as well). They all have benefits as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                    I've been using a Mac since late 2005.

I drop a file in a folder and it is organized alphabetically. All the files are small icons arranged in neat rows. All of this is done automatically by the computer. The settings on how files are displayed can be toggled in both Windows and Mac OS X. Just edit the View Options of Finder to Arrange By: Snap to Grid, Name, Date Modified, Date Created, Size, Kind or Label.
                    The macs we use at school don't have that option. I know, I've looked for it many times out of frustraition. And nothing has been ordered alphabetically.
                    The End

Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish that I wish tonight. I'll make a wish and do as Dreamers do. And all our wishes will come true. <3

<3

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                      I use and own PCs for work and at home. I have built PCs since I was about 12. I have used Macs and will always say that they have their purpose and place, just as PCs do. Both have their faults (believe it or not, both do have faults). I also use several flavors of Linux for work (and it has its own special faults as well). They all have benefits as well.
                      Well Said!

There is no such thing as the perfect computer. I also use both PC and Macs and both have their good points and bad points.

I also teach video editing on a Mac and let me tell you that at lease once per class one student's Mac will lockup or freeze. As for other problems mac I will give this video. (no that is not me).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmsc4Z5Fclc"]YouTube - Mac Switch Ad Parody - Editing[/ame]
                      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I love Macs, but they are WAY out of my price range. The only Apple products I own are my iPod Nano and my iPhone 3GS. But I do love my new HP 17.3" laptop (which I try to make look like a 17" MacBook Pro... LOL).

Comment

Originally posted by animekiti4christ View Post
                          The macs we use at school don't have that option. I know, I've looked for it many times out of frustraition. And nothing has been ordered alphabetically.
                          Have you tried doing View | Show View Options? If your school has somehow disable the View Options that is hardly a fault of Mac OS X.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            Have you tried doing View | Show View Options? If your school has somehow disable the View Options that is hardly a fault of Mac OS X.
                            Yes I've tried that too. The only way I can get them to line up is "Clean Up" but it doesn't make it so all the icons automatically line up. I use that option A LOT because I keep adding more and more stuff since it's for my photo class and I'm always adding photos.
                            The End

<3

Comment

I'm a Mac fanboy. :love:

--KAN

Comment

I grew up with PC and switched to a Macbook in '07. I'll probably go with Mac for this one.

I love my Macbook, even though I've had some problems with it (it's crashed twice) but each time, the employees at the Genius Bar have fixed it, and at no additional cost have thrown in one extra goodie for free. (The first time my Macbook crashed, they replaced my keyboard and stuff because it was cracking along the edges; the second time it crashed, they just gave me a bigger harddrive...)

~Lianna~

Comment

My wife's PC laptop top just died last week. We're done with XP, Vista, Windows 7 ect.

We replaced it with a MacBook Pro, and we are loving it. So far everything is easy to use, everything makes sense, and 7 hours on a charge is thrilling her to death.

I've been able to resurrect her old laptop (for now) but it's only a temporary fix, until I can replace it with a MacBook of my own.

The less Mircrosoft influence in my life the happier I am.

Just a couple of notes. Mac's Snow Leopard OS is Linux based, and with Boot Camp already pre-loaded, it will also run Microsoft XP, so it's the best of both worlds

Comment

I personally like PCs. I'm used to the system. The computer I had before did what I wanted it to do and has served me well for the past 5 years. My new laptop that runs Windows 7 has been great so far and I'm really pleased with it, therefore I see no need to switch to mac.

And it's nothing against macs either. During my second year of college I worked as a publications assistant and had to work on a Mac to use Adobe CS2 programs. My friends who are die-hard mac fanboys/girls all tell me I just need to get used to a mac to love it, but to tell the truth I never did get used to it and indeed got annoyed with it from time to time. Perhaps the newer OSs would better suit my taste, but eh. I also own an a 5th gen iPod and an iPhone 3GS which are fabulous as well. I'm sure if I did end up with a Mac one of these days I'd be fine with it (plus it's cool to have that dual windows options too), but in the meanwhile I'm perfectly happy with my PC and don't see any reason to switch over any time soon.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

Comment

I have a MacBook Pro. Mac all the way!!!!!
                                      The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
                                      fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
                                      JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

My PC laptop is on it's last legs. Gonna go look at MacBooks pretty soon.
                                        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                                        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X