Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the Dell products...or not...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the Dell products...or not...

Since I'm self absorbed I had no idea my BF had so many problems with his dell lap top. The screnn went out twice, the hinges broke off, and the battery over heated and fried it. (that one may have been his fault), but when I showed my BF the axim I want he said i should NEVER buy from dell. Are they that bad? Do their products break alot? ...he did say since it's not a laptop I wnat i don't have to worry about the hinges...great....LOL

Re: Do you like the Dell products...or not...

I don't like Dell because they took away the iBook contract from my old school system (and Dell trashed talked the iBooks and such), but that's beside the point. When my parents got their Dell tower 4 years ago they ordered 265mb or RAM. Dell decided to cut costs and put in 4 64 chips over all 4 of the RAM slots. I was not happy. AT ALL.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

I've been happy with all my Dell products at work and at home.

Comment

What he said.

We have 2 desktops, 2 Axims, 1 laptop for home and 1 laptop for work. Prior to that we had 2 other desktops. All of these are Dell. So, we've been pretty happy with Dell. Never had ANY problems with any of our systems. I'm a big fan.

Comment

Thank you....I figured he just got the fluke bad egg...or he may have been unduly rough with it...who knows. I didn't even know he had a Dell...LOL

Comment

I have had almost every iteration of their Pocket PC (x5, x30, now the x50v) and I have never had a problem with any of them. We use their PCs here for our Smartclassrooms and they're pretty reliable.

Now, their tech support is a totally different animal. Don't even get me started on that. I'd sooner slit my wrists than deal with their tech support. It's that bad.
            sigpic

Comment

Lucklily I have never had to deal with tech support (I emailed them once, but fixed the problem myself. By the time they responded I had forgotten why I emailed them in the first place)

My desktop is a year old and has been great- I have never had a real problem with it and I use it a lot. My one complaint is that the CD-rom drive has gotten picky, but those are pretty easy to replace on your own.
              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
              Help support the site you love:
              -Visit the MiceChat store
              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

3 dells all sucked big time!! I had to send 2 right off the bat back, both had software issues, hard ware issues, memory problerms etc. total 5 dells and none of them worth a plugged nickle.
                I got a new dell ever 2 years, now I have a gateway that has never locked up, never did anything but work flawless.
                My sister bought 2 dells, one a lap top, never had so many problems in her life of computers. she will never buy another one either.
                my mom, 2 dells, lets just say dells are not for our family. Moms new computer is being built at local shop as soon as she saves 100.00 more dollars!
                NO MORe DELLS!!
                I forgot to add, 2 of those computers did not recognize the USB ports, and 2 of them would not let me add a joy stick, yeah hard ware issues up the yang!
                Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 10-22-2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

We just got a Dell laptop not long ago...only problem we have had is with our wireless network at home, just doesn't want to see it all the time. Other than that has worked well from different parts of the country and at the office. So far, so good.
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Two laptops and a desktop and my family's pretty happy. The laptops are still in good condition (i've had mine for three years now and i've got problems from the virus and some of the keys are a bit jammed-both new developments), but otherwise they're good computers!! But ditto to DQ's problem with the CD-drive. Ours is WAY picky about recognizing and playing a CD or DVD...then again the system is like, 5 years old. Soo vote for Dell!!!
                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Dell is a marketing company, like compaq. more and more brand names are outsourcing to a very few asian suppliers. they send their specs out and get a product to brand and market. case in point they claim to make plasma screens.

Comment

I work with a LOT of Dells every day since the schools have a contract with Dell. Overall, I've had experience with maybe 200 or more Dells.

They are cheap computers. They are sold cheap because they are made out of cheap materials. Yes, some of the newer laptops are made with a tougher plastic than ones from a couple years ago, but it's still cheap plastic.

If you only need a computer for a year before switching to an entirely new system, get a Dell. But that's about all they are really good for -- they are built to be quick fixes. Cheap computers for temporary useage. They are not a computer built to last, even if you do the necessary upgrades.

Skip Dell... go for a real computer, like Silicon Graphics or Sun.
                        -Tim

Comment

I have a Dell and am pretty happy with them

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                            If you only need a computer for a year before switching to an entirely new system, get a Dell.
                            Like a switch to Apple?

...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                              Skip Dell... go for a real computer, like Silicon Graphics or Sun.
                              I build my own computers. the dell I'm getting is PDA. I don't think I could build one. I hope it lasts though. I'm not to rough with my things. My cell phones still look like new when I replace them...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X