Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Google Redirect Help

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Redirect Help

Anyimte I type something into google I search it and then click a link and get sent to a totally random search engine and has a bunch of ads. I have no idea what to do but If I click back I can get to the right site.

Its getting annoying....

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Re: Google Redirect Help

If I remember correctly, you were the user with a virus on your computer a couple of months ago, right?

Did you ever get it resolved?
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Yes. It just disappeared. This is my own personal computer that has this google thing. Our home computer had the virus. I am doing a full scan on Mcaffe now.

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Did the scan find anything?
        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

It is the symptomology of a browser hijacker. They are a bear to remove.

Once you have allowed it into your system - McAfee will not find nor remove it. Often the hijackers disable McAfee from working properly while appearing to be OK and that can be even more disasterous.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I have the same problem, so, ironically enough, I googled a solution (if you click the cache'd version of the link you won't get redirected) and a lot of people suggested HitmanPro 3.5. So I downloaded it; the scan took about three minutes to complete and it found the virus! So I deleted it, and everything's pretty much okay now. I do still get redirected occasionally on google, but never on youtube (I would get redirected there too), and I don't get any random popup tabs anymore, and my computer's just generally a lot less annoying. So yeah, I recommend giving it a try.

PS: If you use it, the program will ask you to enter a product key after the scan. Just click the button for the one-time-use free trial, and you can use the program for 30 days for free.

Comment

Cool. I read the reviews of Hitman Pro 3.5 and it sounds interesting. I'll put it on my list to try out.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Thank you so much for telling me about the Hitman. Just installed it and it removed 5-9 things and I believe 2 where the Google redirect. Thanks so much! I am tempted to buy it now but Im going to see if it did the job

EDIT: My computer seems to be running a tad faster now

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

No problem, I'm glad I could help.

Comment

Malwarebytes is a good free program that you should use.
                    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X