This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring my HP Vista Laptop without Discs

Hey everyone, I've run into a bit of a problem. I've been having issues with my laptop and would like to restore it back to factory settings. It's an HP laptop (DV6500). Normally, I'd use the recovery discs I made back when I purchased the computer. However, my disc drive is shot and at the moment I can't afford to replace it. Does anyone know of a way to restore it back to factory settings without having to use a disc?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Re: Restoring my HP Vista Laptop without Discs

Do you know anyone who has a USB dvd drive? Borrow it and you can use that to restore from the discs you burned.

Comment

Does the HP use a factory restore partition? This is sometimes available via boot-up break prompt to get to a recovery portion that formats the disc. Dell, Sony, IBM all use this concept.. often in lieu of shipping recovery disks at all.

the simplest as suggested might be to borrow a USB drive somewhere. You have to use bootable media. You may dig into how some of the netbooks cheat disk drive needs, but I haven't looked into that.

Comment

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll look into them when I get home from work.
        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
          Do you know anyone who has a USB dvd drive? Borrow it and you can use that to restore from the discs you burned.
          Good advice.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
            Does the HP use a factory restore partition? This is sometimes available via boot-up break prompt to get to a recovery portion that formats the disc. Dell, Sony, IBM all use this concept.. often in lieu of shipping recovery disks at all.

the simplest as suggested might be to borrow a USB drive somewhere. You have to use bootable media. You may dig into how some of the netbooks cheat disk drive needs, but I haven't looked into that.
            Good advice too!
            sigpic

Comment

My advice is to replace your drive so this won't be a problem again.

Save your pennies until you can afford one.

And I still have those record albums if you ever come out this way.
              sigpic

Comment

My HP laptop has the restore partition, so yours probably does as well.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X