This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose a camera

Time for a digital SLR. My old one (very old) got swiped somehow.

Had a Canon. Happy to switch to Nikon. Can you give me your opinions?

TIA!

Re: Help me choose a camera

Both Canon and Nikon make very good cameras. The real question is what is your price range and do you like bells and whistles?
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

If you look down a little bit, I asked the same question and got some great responses
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Play with the menus and see what they're like to take pictures. How easily can you change settings?

I got a Nikon and I love it but the particular camera isn't all that relevant- both are great. It's a matter of the little things that you like or want and the style of the camera setup; that kind of thing.
        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I really like Nikon cameras. The only other camera I've owned has been an Olympus, which was pretty good too - but it was bulky.
          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I want something that isn't too bulky (so I agree about the Olympus). I'll be shooting kids and sports mostly. Clarity of image is my biggest desire and I'm a fairly proficient photographer.

Thanks again; the research continues.

Comment

I think the biggest factor in clarity is image sensor size. Pocket cameras (for the most part) have teensy ones, the SLRs are bigger, and there are high-end SLRs are even better. Film still rules for total clarity, but the middle-range SLRs seem to be on a pretty even ground, with about the same sensor size.
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X